Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer

Comments

• Options

Can i be the first to suggest we sing

STOP.....HAMER TIME

Cant touch this ;)
    Agree Got to play this at half time at the valley on Saturday, i'll try out some of my moves ;)
  • Options
    So who is our number one now?
  • Options
    taylor and hamer ;-)
  • Options
    How much do you reckon we paid for him?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    At a guess £50k-100k top whack.

He was out of contract next summer.
  • Options

100-300k?
  • Options
    Well not 300k but can't see it being anything like 50k.
  • Options
    Reading's 3rd if not 4th choice keeper who had less than 12 months to run on his deal... would be seriously very surprised if it went past the midpoint in your range but hey we're all guessing!
  • Options
    enough that we will recoup with sale of elliot.
  • Options
    Reading's 3rd if not 4th choice keeper who had less than 12 months to run on his deal... would be seriously very surprised if it went past the midpoint in your range but hey we're all guessing!
    Depends if you consider him as our first choice keeper and if he's ment to be a young and a upcoming keeper then add ons would play a part i guess?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    agreed cafcsinger I am thinking low fee, carve outs for promotion and a large sell on maybe 20-25%
  • Options
    Sounds about right 20-25% but do any of us know if he's actually any good? Didn't expect another goalie coming in before.
  • Options
    don't get why we signed him at all
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEQ_8yeOqMU

Probably not a GK in the world that hasnt made an error like that.  People learn from mistakes.  Lets not have a downer on the bloke before he's even donned a Charlton shirt eh?!

;-)

• Options
    I just watched that link expecting to see a complete howler. Thought he was a bit unlucky and it was only due to the pitch being sodden that he slid out of the area.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEQ_8yeOqMU

Probably not a GK in the world that hasnt made an error like that.  People learn from mistakes.  Lets not have a downer on the bloke before he's even donned a Charlton shirt eh?!

;-)

Haha Not one to put downers on players as they just signed, But thought id share it because was quite funny (Conditions didn't help) Few times I seen him he's been steady, Think he'll probably become our number 1 ahead of everyone else.

• Options
    Hope so ;-)
  • Options

all these new signings are great but am I only thinking it's all to much? 15 signings now. Fans expectations going through roof and a new squad who barely know eachothers names yet expected to seal promotion at 1st attempt. Hopefully they gel quickly otherwise the boo boys will be out in force. Good start to season essential.

Time for Powell to earn his corn.

I need to cheer up right?

• Options

all these new signings are great but am I only thinking it's all to much? 15 signings now. Fans expectations going through roof and a new squad who barely know eachothers names yet expected to seal promotion at 1st attempt. Hopefully they gel quickly otherwise the boo boys will be out in force. Good start to season essential.

See your point. There's a lot said about gelling but these players aren't youngsters who don't know the game. In my opinion, it's more important how well Powell manages this team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

old pros or not, they need to learn eachothers game,  Strengths etc for team to play at it's best. We will see

• Options
    Sounds like he turned down Hull to join us according to SLP.
  • Options
    If true then maybe he knows he's coming here as number 1... Hull on the other hand have Basso and a Liverpool loanee already there
  • Options
    If true then maybe he knows he's coming here as number 1... Hull on the other hand have Basso and a Liverpool loanee already there

they're also saying deal was in excess of £250k so as I thought from the off, I'm sure Hamer will be No.1
  • Options

they're also saying deal was in excess of £250k so as I thought from the off, I'm sure Hamer will be No.1
    Well if that's true that's blown up my estimate from earlier so I had better keep my thoughts to myself in future!!! (unless that includes add-ons etc)
  • Options
    Can't pretend to know much about him but this just feels good at a time when neither of the other two stand out as obvious first choice (that could be a bit harsh on JS who I've only seen a few times). Same age but appears to have done v well at his loan clubs to date and if that fee's anywhere near right then someone at Charlton clearly rates him highly and perhaps believes that, like Green and Stephens, his value will increase considerably as he proves himself.
  • Options
    Hamer is going to be number 1.    Robbie is off.   The 15 players I was told we would sign, have been achieved, but they still want a minimum of 2 more.   Francis should go this week also.
  • Options
    Hamer got a three year contract, JS only got two years, so maybe that tells us who the number will be.
  • Options

true but most of our signings have gelled during pre season. its only hamer and hughes who have not payed a game with the team yet.

Hamer will be number one.
  • Options
    Happy with this signing. When we signed Sullivan I said there wasn't much between him and Elliot and would have liked someone like Richard Lee.

Guess Elliot might be going now, which is a shame, couple of years ago he looked promising, but injuries stop starting a run of games have destroyed his confidence imo. If he stays maybe a few months out of the spotlight wouldn't be such a bad thing.