Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer

1234568»

Comments

• Options

I saw quite a bit of him for Bees, excellent shot stopper but doesn't command his area. Rather see Pope or Gough. BTW he's a shortarse.</blockquote
    and again

• Options
    Come on, it was his fault. He was right to have a go as we had been under the kosh, but the goal its self was down to him missing it. Or so it seemed from my point.

The boys got booked after the second because we had a player poll axed in the build up.
  • Options
    He will learn from it. He's young and will make many more mistakes each making him a better keeper in the long term.
  • Options
    Agree and he will done back a better keeper. he has come on so much since joining, its just an annoying mistakes that cost us
  • Options
    SHoare93 said:

Can anyone clear up why him and Morro were booked in aftermath of Forrest's 2nd?

Dissent, I think they claimed handball by a Forest player in the build up.

• Options
    Never been a lover of Hamer - too many mistakes, but however I don't entirely blame him for the 1st goal - a decent whipped in free kick close to the keeper, which could have easily taken a touch off someone and gone anywhere. We see these goals every week in all leagues - keepers of all levels always struggle against those type of free kicks. I think he was booked for dissent for claiming for a foul when one of our players was 'poleaxed' (looked like accidental collision) in the build up to the 2nd goal.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

First goal totally his fault, and then he had the cheek to start ranting at the others. Jacko and Morrison told him to do one!!

Thats what keepers do Schmiecal come to mind?
  • Options
    His fault for not having his hands up and ready but I can understand given the trajectory of the cross how he's fuming that none of ours got their head to it. Looked to me as if one of our defenders ducked late assuming Hamer would collect. Poor defending as a unit in my book. Oh and never a free kick, it was either ours as Solly was fouled first, or 6 of one half a dozen of the other and play on.
  • Options
    Agree with Isaw, poor defending as a unit cost us that 1st goal - they were not really ready.
  • Options
    just one of those things, a shame but it happens to all teams. Hamers won us some points this season so far so can't hold it against him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know people are entitled to their own opinion, ok fair enough!But all these people saying they have never been a lover of Hamer....what the hell were your views of Elliott and keepers before because I tell you now, this lad is streets ahead of any of them!You may think he does not command his area well but at least he tries to come off his line, other keepers we have had in the past never even made an attempt!Hamer is and will be a great goalkeeper for years to come, people wont realise this until he is snapped up by a prem team because it is almost certain to happen in the near future!
  • Options
    "but at least he tries to come off his line"....WTF does that mean? Does it mean that he he tries and fails? Listen, its opinions - whatever mine is and whatever yours is, it doesn't really matter. If CP is happy then its fine by me.
  • Options
    Last season preferred Elliot, but whatever they did for him over the summer I think he has been a revelation and would say he has moved ahead of Elliot.
  • Options
    Elliot may have improved too - how would we know seeing as he never plays?
  • Options
    All players make mistakes but when it is a 'keeper it is often fatal.

He's still a decent player at this level.
  • Options
    PaulCAFC said:

"but at least he tries to come off his line"....WTF does that mean? Does it mean that he he tries and fails? Listen, its opinions - whatever mine is and whatever yours is, it doesn't really matter. If CP is happy then its fine by me.

What I am saying is it is like having an extra defender coming to head the ball, and lets be honest more often that not the referee will spot a foul on the keeper!No it doesnt mean he tries and fails, because from what I saw last season he regularly caught the balls he came to get!Thats 'WTF' i meant!

• Options

SHoare93 said:

Can anyone clear up why him and Morro were booked in aftermath of Forrest's 2nd?

Dissent, I think they claimed handball by a Forest player in the build up.

Yeah, both came right over to the touchline and had a right go at the linesman right in his ear. I received a similar ticking off from my daughter for the choice language that was soon to follow aimed the ref.