Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons and Sheffield United away sales

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
MK 502
SU 564

Comments

• Options
    Not too bad for Mk really given a lot of people boycotting it. Thought Sheff U would have been a bit higher.
  • Options
    If we win on sat i reckon both these figures should increase by a lot.
    Hopefully we'll get near 1000 for Sheffield united.
  • Options
    Not too bad for Mk really given a lot of people boycotting it. Thought Sheff U would have been a bit higher.

So how many people on CL are putting their views about MK Dons ahead of supporting the team they love and are boycotting the game.. Seems stupid to not get behind your side for something that's done and dusted. or is it , as i suspect , that it's a midweek game away from home and that most people will struggle to get there ?
  • Options
    I'll be there Tuesday as I'm missing Saturday because of the work away weekend.
  • Options

I will be there too. Not got a ticket yet though so you add me to the total.
  • Options
    it's a home game for you
  • Options
    it's a home game for you

pretty much so. It's about an half an hour drive from me.
  • Options
    Got tickets for Sheffteld but can't make MK.
  • Options
    myself , redarmySE7 and rothko are pretty certain for sheff united as well. Will get tickets on saturday
  • Options
    Airman, are we going to be able to pay on the gate at MK? It's a get there if I can after work sort of thing.

I have always assumed it makes no difference to CAFC if you do that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Airman, are we going to be able to pay on the gate at MK? It's a get there if I can after work sort of thing. I have always assumed it makes no difference to CAFC if you do that?

Almost certainly - no real difference. I think we retain 5 per cent of revenue from the tickets we sell after VAT - so on a £20 ticket we'd get 83p. But then we have to pay to post it out unless you buy in person.

• Options
    Got me ticket for mk - thinking about doing sheff utd
  • Options
    Thanks for that. You learn something every day. We should buy through the club and collect in person if possible. Every little helps, as my Gran said when she peed in the ocean.
  • Options
    myself , redarmySE7 and rothko are pretty certain for sheff united as well. Will get tickets on saturday

Train or driving?
  • Options
    Airman, are we going to be able to pay on the gate at MK? It's a get there if I can after work sort of thing. I have always assumed it makes no difference to CAFC if you do that?

Almost certainly - no real difference. I think we retain 5 per cent of revenue from the tickets we sell after VAT - so on a £20 ticket we'd get 83p. But then we have to pay to post it out unless you buy in person.

Re Posting out, why don't we charge for p&p?  If you buy in person you pay travelling, if you buy over the phone you pay for being on the phone, but if you buy on the internet you don't pay for the postage, envelope or time of the person administering it.  I'm not particularly for charging fans (I don't agree with he call charges if you phone in), but £1 or so per TRANSACTION would not be unreasonable.
  • Options
    He's driving Clem.
  • Options
    Going to both games with Don, Sue & Bill.
  • Options
    edited September 2011

So how many people on CL are putting their views about MK Dons ahead of supporting the team they love and are boycotting the game.. Seems stupid to not get behind your side for something that's done and dusted. or is it , as i suspect , that it's a midweek game away from home and that most people will struggle to get there ?
    Bloody right boycotting. Anyone who was pig sick about the move to selhurst would probably have some sentiment for how Dons fans felt- done and dusted 'deal' or not.
    Will be in Sheffield- but never MK
  • Options
    Thanks for the info AB. Do you know what our allocation is for MK?
  • Options

It doesn't matter. They give away clubs whatever they can sell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It doesn't matter. They give away clubs whatever they can sell.
    Helpful. Cheers
  • Options
    Will be at both with Golfie.
  • Options

Re Posting out, why don't we charge for p&p?  If you buy in person you pay travelling, if you buy over the phone you pay for being on the phone, but if you buy on the internet you don't pay for the postage, envelope or time of the person administering it.  I'm not particularly for charging fans (I don't agree with he call charges if you phone in), but £1 or so per TRANSACTION would not be unreasonable.

The original idea was to incentivise people to buy online, as this makes it easier for us to manage in terms of resources.

I don't agree with the 0871 number either, but the alternative is major investment in a new phone system. It's not a significant earner for the club.

• Options

Bloody right boycotting. Anyone who was pig sick about the move to selhurst would probably have some sentiment for how Dons fans felt- done and dusted 'deal' or not.
    Nice one.

How comes you can't buy away tickets on-line?
  • Options
    You can for most
  • Options
    You can for most
    I did for Sheff Yoo. Ordered Wednesday tickets arr Thursday. What a great service.
    You can for most
  • Options
    No idea why quote came out twice!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2011

Fair enough. I would imaging every Charlton fan of a certain age hated what happened with the move to Sellhurst but if everyone had your thought process then we would have no support on Tuesday. What happened at Wimbledon isnt going to be reversed so get behind CAFC and help keep us top of the league.
  • Options
    clinton morrison has gone to MK, that's all we need
  • Options
    reckon a few tickets for these two will get purchased after todays game, and a few mk dons on the night. thought sheff utd would of been higher but im sure a few more will be sold during the week.
    am going sheff utd but giving mk dons a miss as, going lee evans away on wednesday night at the 02 anyways.