Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Waggy v Green

Comments

• Options
    Green needs to have a run of games, then decide who should and shouldn't be playing you can't make a decision on one performance because everybody has a bad day at the office once in a while he was just unlucky it was his first start.

Could also be a bit rusty through not much game time of late
  • Options
    after today I'm going back to Waggy
    This...

I think having DG in the team affected Chris Solly's game as well. He hardly got forward at all in the first half. Once Waggy came on Solly was a different player.

• Options
    too many people going over board about Green before they had seen him play...now people watching him once and saying Waggy should come back in...it is clear to me they both have strengths and weaknesses and both will probably do well if given a run.
    Agree, just hope we can stop this Green is great, Waggy is shit nonsense.

Hope you agree East Terrace : - )
  • Options

A good game for Waggy to miss.

Green hasn't had the best start to his Charlton career, arguably had he not been suspended he would have played in the first game v Bournemouth, instead Waggy played, scored and has only just lost his place to a player who looked a tad rusty and not 100% match fit. Give him a few more matches to settle in and he'll look a better player.

In the meantime Wiggins who looked a tad under the pace in his first few games now looks much more settled at LB.

• Options
    Agreed Henry although I haven't a clue if Green is great! Certainly from yesterday (couldn't make it) it doesn't sound it.

I guess my point is that they (and most of the rest of the squad) are good League 1 players. If we get promoted then whether they can step up is to be seen.

After seeing Waggy for the past couple of seasons I'm doubtful if he can do that and whether youth product or not am fine with him (and any member of the team) being replaced by someone better, to stay away from this bloody League... without sentiment. Whether Green's that player in Waggy's case is yet to be seen.

I hope Waggy can prove me wrong but even if not, I'm sure he'll be an invaluable squad player if promotion is to happen!
  • Options
    Agreed Henry although I haven't a clue if Green is great! Certainly from yesterday (couldn't make it) it doesn't sound it.

I guess my point is that they (and most of the rest of the squad) are good League 1 players. If we get promoted then whether they can step up is to be seen.

After seeing Waggy for the past couple of seasons I'm doubtful if he can do that and whether youth product or not am fine with him (and any member of the team) being replaced by someone better, to stay away from this bloody League... without sentiment. Whether Green's that player in Waggy's case is yet to be seen.

I hope Waggy can prove me wrong but even if not, I'm sure he'll be an invaluable squad player if promotion is to happen!
    Agree with all of that.

When we're in the Championship all the players will need to step up and some won't be able to do that but for now we're a League 1 side and Waggy has proved he is good enough for this league.
  • Options
    I disagree with the sentiment that Solly didn't play well because of this change. I thought he looked as composed as ever and had another good game. yes, he got caught out of position now and then, but no more/less than any other game.
  • Options

Unfortunately for some unknown reason there is an element of our support who seem to have a downer on our Academy players in the first team.

Elliott, Basey, Solly and Waggy have all got some stick on here over the last couple of years and even though Waggy and Solly are great pros, and more than hold their own at this level, certain people are just looking for that next mistake to run them down.

As for Waggy v Green, total no brainer for me, Wagstaff all day and every day long at the moment.  But I also hope Green discovers the form he had last season to put Waggy under pressure.

• Options
    When we're in the Championship all the players will need to step up and some won't be able to do that but for now we're a League 1 side and Waggy has proved he is good enough for this league.

We have much more to go with this team. Assuming we get promoted this season then a bunch of mostly young and relatively inexperienced players will have benefitted from the experience, so will CP as manager.

Teams like Norwich, Leeds, Southampton and Brighton have made the step up to CCC over the last couple of years without drastically changing their playing squads and have thrived.
  • Options
    Green was in no mans land neither defending nor attacking...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I admit Green was poor yesterday but he is still a very good player!!  He will come good
  • Options
    They both with play a pivotal part this season
  • Options
    Wagstaff at the moment, Green has to prove himself coming off the bench for me, which I think he will. Once he gets more play (esp with the team playing better) I think he'll start to shine. If he can start to form more of a partnership with Solly, and the likes of Stephens and Hollands start to dictate things a little more, he will have a lot more space to work with than he did yesterday.
  • Options
    They're both good players, this debate's just a dumb series of knee jerks.  They'll both have good and bad days.  Just to clarify things neither "proves" one or the other is useless.  I'm oot.
  • Options
    We've been crying out for a good crosser for years and now we have one think he should be on the bench? 
    If you just want a good crosser, why not put Francis at right midfield? That's not how the game works. There's more attributes to players than just crossing ability. Plus, wasn't he the one who supplied BWP with a perfect cross long ago? Atm, I think waggy is the best choice, Green hasn't proved himself in his (admittedly far fewer appearances) and Waggy is doing the job atm.
  • Options
    Green to be given another game from the start 
    Don't think we spent £400K on someone to sit on the bench so Powell will want to give him a chance
    Blind-Alley Wagstaff to be an impact player for next few games
  • Options

Check out who i met and had a nice little chat with on Saturday  

Im in the middle of them both by the way

• Options
    Are you in a Chippy?

• Options

Yeah. There was two other lads with them who ordered some chips and they were playing on the fruit machine behind 

• Options
    Sorry, I was just looking at the bird on the T-shirt..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, I was just looking at the bird on the T-shirt..

Thats my wife mate

In all seriousness though that t-shirt got me ALOT of attention with the ladies that were out. Solly was impressed with it aswell!

• Options
    so Solly is gay then ?
  • Options

Yeah. There was two other lads with them who ordered some chips and they were playing on the fruit machine behind 

"Charlton stars in gambling and poor diet shocker"

: - )
  • Options
    Nope, they both have girlfriends. I asked them if they pulled and they both said nope, girlfriend is at home, they didnt need to. Good lads tbf. Good banter aswell. Solly asked where i got the t-shirt from
  • Options
    Not a serious question Dizzle :o) ... but good to hear that they are in "serious" relationships

Wasn't there a manager last season who claimed that only a handful of his squad weren't married and that this meant that they weren't out at weekends on the lash etc (Billy Davies maybe ?!?!?!?)

Think that's another reason why people don't want to break up the Wagstaff/Solly combo on our right hand side as they know each others game inside out from their youth team days etc
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Haha. They werent eating. Had a nice little chat and a bit of banter with them. They are decent lads

@Disco - They seemed like brothers! When i asked Waggy a question, Solly would answer it and Waggy just shrugs and nods. They said Elliot was out with them too. Although i dont think they were impressed when i made a remark about how i was surprised he wasnt in the chip shop too. Apparently he left earlier in the night. Not just our players out! They were behaving though, honest.

• Options

Haha. They werent eating. Had a nice little chat and a bit of banter with them. They a decent lads
    Actually I'd prefer them to be out having a bag of chips with some mates than falling out of some poncy nightclub like China Whites.

I bet Plaaayer was the mate buying the chips : - )
  • Options
    I think we should try a 4-4-1-1 formation and see how they pan out in a competitive match together. 

Waggy behind BWP. 
  • Options
    Green doesn't have a great game and all of a sudden Waggy should start again? Give Green some time. He put in some great balls when we played Scunthorpe and has only appeared a hand full of times. I'm not sure where this bad start at Charlton comes from, likewise why Wagstaff has become a minor scapegoat, perhaps Southend is on to something.

Personally I think Paul Hayes should start over Kermogrant who didn't have the greatest of games, I'm guessing Hayes is injured?

Another thing, why doesn't Green take the corners?
  • Options

Haha. They werent eating. Had a nice little chat and a bit of banter with them. They a decent lads
    Actually I'd prefer them to be out having a bag of chips with some mates than falling out of some poncy nightclub like China Whites.

I bet Plaaayer was the mate buying the chips : - )
    Lol, you know me too well!