Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

December away game ticket sales

Comments

• Options
    According to 5 Live, West Ham had 1,400 at Birmingham on Boxing Day. I don't think that's a particularly terrible turnout, but if it was us going for promotion to the PL and with WHU's home gates I'm sure we'd be told how embarrassing it was . . . 
    I know, but it was a late kick off, on tv, and with no trains. Plus they play there almost every season, and played there twice last season.
    Compare that to what we brought to west brom (we were in a similar position to whu) for that live on sky game in our first season in the championship. West ham have brilliant away support, 1000+ at boro midweek this season, how many did we take midweek to hartlepool last year?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

live on telly at birmingham for a 5pm kick off i think it's a fair turnout and it isn't a derby is it well it might be one of those non derby derbies 128 miles away

still 6k at coventry seems reasonable enough without free travel or cheap tickets!

folev beat me to it

• Options
    According to 5 Live, West Ham had 1,400 at Birmingham on Boxing Day. I don't think that's a particularly terrible turnout, but if it was us going for promotion to the PL and with WHU's home gates I'm sure we'd be told how embarrassing it was . . . 
    I know, but it was a late kick off, on tv, and with no trains. Plus they play there almost every season, and played there twice last season.
    Compare that to what we brought to west brom (we were in a similar position to whu) for that live on sky game in our first season in the championship. West ham have brilliant away support, 1000+ at boro midweek this season, how many did we take midweek to hartlepool last year?
    Can't see the relevance of an evening kick-off in the third division twice as far away, personally. 
  • Options
    Can't see the relevance of an evening kick-off in the third division twice as far away, personally. 
    what middlesboro twice as far away than hartlepool?
  • Options
    I have put restrictions on both Exeter and Chesterfield in expectation that we will sell out (if Exeter remains on the Saturday). What do people think?

There are about 2,000 seats at Chesterfield and 1000 terrace plus 250 seats at Exeter, from recollection.
  • Options
    i've been at boro in premiership fixtures when we had less than 200
  • Options
    what middlesboro twice as far away than hartlepool?
    Sorry, misread that - but it's still the poxy third division. In any case, my point is not that we would match West Ham's support but to put our numbers in some kind of context. 
  • Options
    I have put restrictions on both Exeter and Chesterfield in expectation that we will sell out (if Exeter remains on the Saturday). What do people think?

There are about 2,000 seats at Chesterfield and 1000 terrace plus 250 seats at Exeter, from recollection.

deffo put restrictions on for chesterfield cos of new ground syndrome

and i dont see any harm on restrictions cos it means if there is unexpected demand you don't end up with a load of charlton fans crying

• Options

what are the pre match numbers sold for orient mr airman ?

• Options

Think you will be happily surprised with this ooahh

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are away support will continue to grow, we as a club has had a far more turbulent history than many other clubs so in terms of them core numbers it has gone up and down. What makes this growth of the club now is to see how the numbers improve over time.

Folev don't get me wrong our away support has been far from amazing over recent decades but you only have to look at our history compared to many clubs to see why fans might of looked else where in London.

This is a new era and the time for getting bogged down on negatives doesn't help anyone. While some may be duluted I'm sure like most fans a new era is upon us.
  • Options

Yeah put restrictions on chesterfield, is it likely we'd sell out though? I think restrictions are good, as long as they don't hang around for too long, ie there's still plenty of time to buy tickets on general sale.
  • Options
    Are away support will continue to grow, we as a club has had a far more turbulent history than many other clubs so in terms of them core numbers it has gone up and down. What makes this growth of the club now is to see how the numbers improve over time.

Folev don't get me wrong our away support has been far from amazing over recent decades but you only have to look at our history compared to many clubs to see why fans might of looked else where in London.

This is a new era and the time for getting bogged down on negatives doesn't help anyone. While some may be duluted I'm sure like most fans a new era is upon us.
    I very hope so too. Admittedly i'm of the younger generation who never experienced those dire times in our history at selhurst, so i can only make modern day comparisons. 
  • Options

our home support is fantastic though
  • Options
    have Folev and Oohaah ever been seen in the same room together?
  • Options

our home support is fantastic though
    I dont disagree, just trying to put in to context regarding our away support for those who seem keen to gun it down.

• Options
    Leyton Orient 1,599 - on sale from The Valley until Friday pm, also pay on the day
    Sheff Wed 388

There are a few extra Orient sales sitting on the online server that won't go through until the club opens tomorrow. I find it hard to predict what we will take to this game, given the holiday and the potential walk-up. As a straw in the wind Brentford has also been very slow so far, but we expect to be busy for the rest of this week and a big walk-up.
  • Options
    Leyton Orient 1,599 - on sale from The Valley until Friday pm, also pay on the day
    Sheff Wed 388

There are a few extra Orient sales sitting on the online server that won't go through until the club opens tomorrow. I find it hard to predict what we will take to this game, given the holiday and the potential walk-up. As a straw in the wind Brentford has also been very slow so far, but we expect to be busy for the rest of this week and a big walk-up.
    Airman, Any tickets near block H row DD? Thinking of treating my old dear and it's where I'm sitting...
  • Options

in regards to Spanners Palace game:

Got more respect for Charlton. They sold their allocation in a couple of days, which meant we could give them the bottom tier too. Read more:

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=90976&posts=18#ixzz1hpaAi9gj

• Options
    Support at Yeovil was pretty good!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Il be going to Exeter, just a 30 min train journey for me
  • Options
    Airman , when will tickets for Chesterfield and Exeter go on sale?
  • Options
    I think restrictions for both ex and chesterfield is wise
  • Options
    In your face oooah
  • Options
    Sheff Wed 388

Airman, Any tickets near block H row DD? Thinking of treating my old dear and it's where I'm sitting...
    No idea, I'm afraid.
  • Options

there will be a big demand for Chesterfield as it is a new ground - likely to sell out. However, I doubt if I will be going as I am having to pick & choose away games this season and will probbaly go to the  Sheff Wed game instead...........much bigger game and more important IMHO.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Airman , when will tickets for Chesterfield and Exeter go on sale?
    Wednesday, January 11th. We are holding back Exeter so they can supply us with tickets with the correct date if Fulham is decided on Jan 7th.
  • Options

What kind of restriction will be in place for Exeter because iv already paid for transport?
  • Options

What kind of restriction will be in place for Exeter because iv already paid for transport?
    You'll be stuffed if we knock Fulham out then. I'd expect it to get to general sale anyway.
  • Options
    Oh are you saying the 4th round is on 28th?