Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield next week

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
With them just getting the record do you think they will come setting out not to lose or will they be going all out for the win?

Comments

• Options
    They will almost certainly look to set up for a point imo. 
  • Options
    5 points clear. Enough said.
  • Options
    I think they're going to go for the win and be 2-0 up by half time. We'll grab one back in the 2nd half finishing 2-1 to them :( Unfortunately
  • Options
    They play to draw. Against us thats just plain silly. 
    4-2.
  • Options
    Charlton 7 Huddersfield 6
  • Options

Both teams are due a defeat.

4-4

• Options
    I'm not bothered how they set their stall out.  I firmly believe we are the better team and am looking forward to another fine win.
  • Options
    Bring them on -can't wait. The Valley will be buzzing when we beat them!
  • Options
    Kick rhodes out the game ;)
  • Options
    Personally I think some of the pressure will be off Huddersfield now they've broken the FL record, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they play better than they have the last few weeks... 

Which is why I'm predicting 17-0 to the Addicks!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011

It may be that the it was the aim of the record that got them through yesterday's game with a win even with 10 men, and that once the euphoria wears off, they may find it difficult to get so psyched up for the game on Monday week ... at least we can only hope so ;-)

Being serious it could potentially have a detrimental effect ... no doubt this record would have been in their minds for a few weeks and it would only be natural to think, great we've done it, and subconsciously go down a level or two for the next game.

• Options
    For the record, I am really looking forward to this game. In a league that so far we have made look relatively easy, Huddersfield will provide us with our first Big Game of the season. Add to the fact that there isn't a derby to look forward to this season, and it's a night game, you just know the Valley is going to be rocking next Monday! Biggest attendance of the season so far. Come on you Reds. 

• Options
    they will look for a draw and we can profit from that 2-0 win COYR
  • Options
    Alan Lee is suspended for next week.
  • Options
    according to that erudite programme "The Football League Show" they are now aiming for Arsenal's record which is so many games unbeaten in the Prem. If they are then they would rather draw than loose so good for us.
  • Options
    I'm confused if they have not beaten the unbeaten record of Arsenal what have they beaten?
  • Options
    As is Michael Morrison (if the stats page in the Preston programme is correct) 5th booking yesterday
  • Options
    From the Football League thread

Muttley and North London Addick pointed out that Huddersfield have actually been beaten in the league competition - against Peterborough in the play offs. It must count as a league fixture or else they would be in the championships.

As Muttley states, the runs of unbeaten games is a great achievement (albeit x2 separate runs) but as NLA says you can't compare Huddersfield to the Arsenal unbeaten run in the premiership or Nottingham Forest's achievement on the squad they have.

I think Arsenal fans may also have something to say about the legitimacy of the record given the play off defeat.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2011
    As is Michael Morrison (if the stats page in the Preston programme is correct) 5th booking yesterday
    Morrisson bookings - Brentford Away : Stevenage Away : MK Dons Away : Sheff Weds Home

Correction by Lancashire Lad - Morrisson only on 3 bookings. No booking at MK Dons away.

• Options
    Morrison is not out next week - Confirmed by Matt Wright on Twitter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The whole thing is stupid. They have beaten Forest's 'Football League' record of 42 games. Arsenal's 49 was in the 'Premiership'. Both those records were in the top flight, so Arsenal have already beaten the record anyway. Huddersfield have the best unbeaten record outside the top flight. Except they lost to Peterborough. 18 games unbeaten - only 31 to go. 
  • Options
    does anyone know at what point in the season all the yellow cards are wiped out and the players start from a fresh slate?
  • Options
    Hudds are a good side who will think that Monday is their chance to haul us in. I do think that their unbeaten run might just work against them though. To lose the record and go eight points behind us all in one evening could really dent the season for them. I expect them to set up not to lose and hope they nick something. Will be knife edge stuff I reckon.
  • Options
    I have a feeling that they will be desperate to beat Arsenal's record and that will leave them desperately trying not to lose for another half dozen games before they go out and risk losing to win. This is assuming that we don't beat them on Monday, which I, actually, think is rather likely.
  • Options
    We will put them to the sword - enough said
  • Options
    Can't wait for the game next week - am confident we will win!!!!!!
  • Options
    I would reckon that next week is a call of duty game for Charlton fans, TV or no TV, we have to be there, and we have to sing, simple as that.
  • Options
    does anyone know at what point in the season all the yellow cards are wiped out and the players start from a fresh slate?
    Traditionally 1st March, I seem to remember.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Coming up to London from Cornwall for this one, staying at Devonport House in Greenwich so just down the road.  I'll buy me ticket on the day - or is the ticket office open on Sunday?

Despite all thats been said about records and playing for the draw:  like us they NEED promotion this season.  I think they'll look over their shoulder at Owls only 2 points behind and they'll give us a game to remember.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Its on sky so we'll play below par like we did against wed so i'm going for a 1-1 draw.

also is Morrison suspended?