Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield next week

Comments

• Options
    It being on Monday and on telly - the figure may be influenced by the weather - My guessis it will be around the 17-18k mark.
  • Options
    Well I've already got 2 extra. I'll try to get a few more. 
  • Options

Hope you thrash 'em, can't stand Huddersfield, Lee Clark or their mongy fans.

Just as long as you lot don't start getting too big headed.

• Options
    mate we dont have to be big headed to look down on your lot.
  • Options

We might annouce the crowd being around 17k - 18k but there will be much less in the actual stadium. We have a fair few season ticket holders who travel up from Hastings and the Kent coast and a lot don't bother coming for evening games - esp if its on TV as well. I bet there are lots of empty seats, esp in the East and West stands.

• Options

The last time i was this exicted about a match was the play off semi against Swindon.

Looking forward to this match should be excellent to watch against the second place team in this division. Shame its on a Monday two more days to wait for this match. With the way we are playing i dont fear anyone in this division

Apparently Berty ended up with a play off semi at the 2011 orgy. 
  • Options
    I see the valley express go through folkestone for evening games, and it's always just as full. 
  • Options
    I reckon it will be about 15 - 16k. Had it been a saturday, it would have topped 20k no problem. Your fairweather boys won't turn out for this on a monday night on telly.
  • Options

I'm coming down from bleeding Cornwall! 

I get homesick every time I see that bloody flatblock on the football league coverage!

• Options
    Huddersfield are appealing against Alan Lee's red card.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any West stand season ticket holders want to help me out with a £10 ticket on the morning of the match?

Oi!  This!

;0)

Whereabouts in Cornwall do you live, mate?
  • Options

Hudds are to appeal against Alan Lee sending off

I reckon Town would have taken 2000 had it been Saturday, more like 500 now which is a bit annoying as the more the merrier.

Last time I was at the Valley was 1981 to see Hudders win a promotion clash 2-1 after coming from a goal behind. It was televised with Brian Moore commentating. As usual Hudders bottled the run in and finished 4th (no play off then) and Charlton went up with Barnsley and Rotherham United.

As far a the unbeaten run goes, for what it matters,it is regular season only, which is 46 games playing each team home and away. There is no argument as there is a 0 in the lost column. The Arsenal record is a premier league record which is the true unbeaten record in my opinion. Surely it is easier for one of the top 3 or 4 premier league teams to go unbeaten with their massive wealth comparison to other PL clubs, than a side doing it in the third tier which is always more of a level playing field?

• Options

You have merits to that point as i do feel that although the prem record is the one real record i accept that there are more teams who can beat eachother

But the nil in the column doesnt wash with me and is not a true record but that is my opinion it would be the same way i would feel about us if it were the other way around

It is a hollow record as Huddersfield lost their final league game of that season

• Options
    edited November 2011

Arsenal and Forest both lost games during their run

Hudds aren't unbeaten just unbeaten in regular league games. 

Personally I rate Forests achievement the highest as there were teams capable of challenging for the league title in those days.

• Options
    Welcome Betty, most of us are also gutted the game has been switched. The fact we will lose a lot of money from it being on telly, its a dsgrace we have to be dictated to by Sky and can't just turn around and say no thanks. This is our biggest game for a year and a half imo. It's good to have some decent Huddersfield views on here. Please ignore any immature responses.

Thank you very much,

but it's BERTY !!

I am only Betty at weekends

ooooooohhhhh betty .. l m a o
  • Options

Arsenal and Forest both lost games during their run

Hudds aren't unbeaten just unbeaten in regular league games. 

Personally I rate Forests achievement the highest as there were teams capable of challenging for the league title in those days.

still 21 draws in Forest's amazing run. 21 out of 42 games, hardly inspiring stuff.
  • Options
    If we win then we really are the team to beat this year but you can probaly say the exact same thing for Hudds if they win. The result wont determine the season but how i would love to end Hudds "unbeaten run".
  • Options
    I'm not personally looking at ending hudds 18 game unbeaten run, but more at the fact that a positive result could really help us going into the 6 games after, all of which are more than winnable.
    walsall (a)
    oldham (h)
    yeovil (a)
    orient (a)
    brentford (h)
    bury (h)

• Options
    edited November 2011
    All frightningly winnable. That would read (should we beat Huddersfield) - Played 25 Points 64 -Let's not get carried away though.
  • Options
    All frightningly winnable. That would read (should we beat Huddersfield) - Played 25 Points 64 -Let's not get carried away though.
    I would weep with joy at that Muttley. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I was looking at the table on the way home and realised that after the Huddersfield game, we will have played all fo the current top 11 (not including us of course). If you look at the top 10, we have played 8 games, and 6 have been away! Stands to reason we will have some easier games coming up. But so many times in recent years, easier games on paper have proven to be harder than hard games! This year though, things do seem different from the usual. Well it's something to do to pass the train journey.
  • Options

never felt more excited about a fixture, in years, i reckon its going to be a hum dinger and we will take their record and shove it where the sun dont shine

2-1 addicks BWP, Pritchard , Rohdes to give us an anxious last 5

and send the annoying geordie out of town with his arse smacked after seeing the real champions of this league

so you actually turning up for a change
  • Options
    can't wait for this game and there's still a week left.

Damn you sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  • Options
    Already feeling nervous an excite about this one.  Could go either way and traditionally the game we lose ... unbeaten run, playing well,on tv but this time ... just maybe 
  • Options
    I'm absolutely buzzing for this game. Hopefully we can perform in front of the cameras and show everyone why were top of the league.

I'm not fearing Hudders but it won't be easy. If we win and end there unbeaten run the valley is going to be rocking.
  • Options

Wish the deal didnt only work in your own stand

Probally going to stop me bringing 4 people and buying myself another seat.

(We dont want to sit in the west stand, only got a ST there because I go with my grandad)

• Options
    Any West stand season ticket holders want to help me out with a £10 ticket on the morning of the match?

Oi!  This!

;0)

Whereabouts in Cornwall do you live, mate?

Looe - we did have a conversation about meeting up before the Argyle game 2 seasons ago but didn't happen.

Goin up to the smoke on Sunday morning, coming back Tuesday afternoon.  Do you want a lift?

• Options
    Taylor and Morrison are good at playing against heavy strikers who play long ball headers but against halifax whenever they ran at us they looked a little clumsy... Do you think Rhodes is going to enjoy his night?
  • Options
    Alan Lee sending off has been upheld.
  • Options
    Quel surprise!!