Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield next week

Comments

• Options
    Huddersfield is a good side, well organised,  experienced, well managed and well captained. They combine skill with a bit of a mean and nasty streak. They've kept going despite selling two top players in Pilkington and Peltier. Rhodes is a terrific player both as scorer and in his all round play. However, on Monday week he'll be up against the top two central defenders in this division. He'll get stopped, Hollands and Hughes will outbattle the Terriers' midfield and  we'll win 2-0
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Close game , i'm going for 3-0 Half Time , 5-0 to Charlton full time , BWP to get his first hat trick for us.
  • Options
    Can't see Huddersfield playing for a draw, especially if Wednesday win on Saturday. Expect Hamer and the back 4 to gives us the platform to hit them hard with a scoreline in our favour. BWP to add to his tally and at least 1 goal from our midfield.
  • Options
    Hopefully the CL Towers reviewer can refer to Huddersfield's wonderful 18 match unbeaten league run since losing 3-0 at home  to Peterborough on 29th May this year.

• Options
    I'm sure the record is their least concern.  What they all want is to try and get a result at the Valley so as to maintain their chances of getting out of this league.

• Options
    I'm sure the record is their least concern.  What they all want is to try and get a result at the Valley so as to maintain their chances of getting out of this league.

I disagree. Ten teams get promoted and there are three champions in the Football League every season. If they manage to stay unbeaten for the half dozen or so games to beat Arsenal's record they will be immortalised. It will be something they will be able to their children and grandchildren for the rest of their lives.

If they beat Charlton they will still be two points behind us, and there is every possibility that they will not win the division, and may well not get promoted (especially if Rhodes leaves in January). Even if they win the division it's only the 3rd division, after all.
  • Options
    I don't think Rhodes will be gone in january, unfortunately for us. 
  • Options
    I am in Krakow for the weekend and strangeky enough in the English Football Club ( bar showing sky sports news and the Chelsea game, news of Huddersfield Town has not yet captivated the local population so clearly Steve Claridge and gang are not reaching out enough, the barman did comment on my lapel badge however and say "your doing well this year, clear at the top arn't you"

Cant wait for Monday night, it will be jumping in the Valley, biggest regular season game for a few seasons I think.....
  • Options

I disagree. Ten teams get promoted and there are three champions in the Football League every season. If they manage to stay unbeaten for the half dozen or so games to beat Arsenal's record they will be immortalised. It will be something they will be able to their children and grandchildren for the rest of their lives.

If they beat Charlton they will still be two points behind us, and there is every possibility that they will not win the division, and may well not get promoted (especially if Rhodes leaves in January). Even if they win the division it's only the 3rd division, after all.
    I disagree.  i think their motivation will be to get promotion.  Their unbeaten target was yesterdays number.  Having missed out on promotion despite being "invincibles" and all that balls I think that is what they will be really gagging for.

Having reached the record, I think they may well be easier to beat next week, but would probably put my money on a draw.

In terms of fans banter we should keep on at them about a good 18 match run and that if you've been unbeaten for as long as they claim to have been how come they have not been promoted.  They can have all the records they like we'll just take promotion.
  • Options
    Its on sky so we'll play below par like we did against wed so i'm going for a 1-1 draw.

also is Morrison suspended? 

No, he picked up his 3rd yellow card yesterday. He will have Rhodes in his pocket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any West stand season ticket holders want to help me out with a £10 ticket on the morning of the match?
  • Options
    Can't see that there's going to be a lot of goals. Both defences are pretty  much watertight. One goal could win it either way
  • Options
    Can't see that there's going to be a lot of goals. Both defences are pretty  much watertight. One goal could win it either way
    You wouldn't think that from reading their forum, seem a bit concerned about their defence.
  • Options
    Any news from Airman on ticket sales, expected crowd etc??  As the game is on sky I am expecting a smaller crowd then usual for such a big game.  Hopefully I am wrong as we need the valley rocking next monday!!
  • Options
    Kermy hasnt scored for a while - time for him to get a couple in..
  • Options
    Any news from Airman on ticket sales, expected crowd etc??  As the game is on sky I am expecting a smaller crowd then usual for such a big game.  Hopefully I am wrong as we need the valley rocking next monday!!
    I htnk we should all try and convince friends to come along for the biggest game in Div One this season, two teams with great records and only £10 if you are the friend of a season ticket holder. I'm bringing two.
  • Options
    I had you down as a loner Kap10 - only joking, totally agree the more the merrier!
  • Options
    Any West stand season ticket holders want to help me out with a £10 ticket on the morning of the match?

Oi!  This!

;0)

• Options
    I wonder if CP might get someone to do a man-marking job on Rhodes. Maybe get taylor to keep close to him with morrison sweeping up.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Where's Semedo when you need him...............I'll get me coat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope.
  • Options

They are a good side with a good young manager like us, will be a real test and think they will come here with a game plan to win. which in my opinion will suit us down to the ground,  we struggle abit against teams that get 11 behind the ball again IMO. i wouldnt worry to much about rhodes im more worried about novak or lee not sure what one tbh. he does all the donkey work from what i have seen and rhodes finishes it off. mark him out of the game and rhodes wont get a sniff.

2-1 Charlton

Crowd of 17,865

• Options
    edited November 2011
    No need to worry about Alan Lee Charlton Todler he got sent off yesterday so is suspended
  • Options

They are a good side with a good young manager like us, will be a real test and think they will come here with a game plan to win. which in my opinion will suit us down to the ground,  we struggle abit against teams that get 11 behind the ball again IMO. i wouldnt worry to much about rhodes im more worried about novak or lee not sure what one tbh. he does all the donkey work from what i have seen and rhodes finishes it off. mark him out of the game and rhodes wont get a sniff.

2-1 Charlton

Crowd of 17,865

Isn't Lee suspended?
  • Options
    No need to worry about Alan Lee Charlton Todler he got sent off yesterday so is suspended
    Good news for us then i suppose, havent got round to seeing the Fl show yet. Still think Novak will be threat aerially.
  • Options
    I'm confused if they have not beaten the unbeaten record of Arsenal what have they beaten?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The record stands at 49. Any " The Premier League doesn't count" comments are very wide of the mark. IMO.

Plus they lost the LEAGUE 1 playoff Final.

Surely if they have beaten the record set in Division one. Which was not the same competition as the league is now. Then the Prem should count also.

• Options
    People need to slow down a bit with this one.

All this we WILL beat them is over confidence in my book. They will be a tough tough test. We battered them last year and the stole it 1-0.

Fancy a draw to be honest. Wouldnt be the worst result.
  • Options
    Just hope everyone makes an effort and turns out. I know it is on sky and an evening game but it's a biggie so I hope as many as possible make the effort and get themselves down to The Valley.
  • Options
    Agree with Clem.  They are a good side and we will do well to finish above them.  Let's face it - none of us know how it is going to turn out because the two teams are well matched.

Let's just hope that our team turn up and play well, because if they don't we could end up with nothing.  We will also need to be switched on right until the final whistle blows as this team have a knack of scoring late goals, too.

As long as we don't lose, I will see it as a good days work.
  • Options
    They get more attention than us despite the fact we are top and playing amazingly most of the time. For that reason alone I really hope we do not lose. Id be happy with a draw.