Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield next week

Comments

• Options
    When it comes down to it a point would be fine that way we still keep our unbeaten record at The Valley.
  • Options
    They may bring more fans than expected. They are putting on free travel apparently.
  • Options
    I had you down as a loner Kap10 - only joking, totally agree the more the merrier!
    Then I'd be Kap1
  • Options

If Jackson is missing along with Stephens then i have a bit of concern about our midfield and our ability to keep hold of the ball which may be a problem but i can see our players going up another gear for this game and really turning it on. Wiggins, Green and Kermit will open them up, BWP and Hollands will score. 3 - 1 to Charlton. We will be 3 up and then hanging on a bit just closing things out towards the end. 

• Options
    Any West stand season ticket holders want to help me out with a £10 ticket on the morning of the match?
    Nope.
    Harsh
  • Options
    Any West stand season ticket holders want to help me out with a £10 ticket on the morning of the match?
    Nope.
    Harsh
    But honest.
  • Options
    They may bring more fans than expected. They are putting on free travel apparently.
    Only for 500

• Options
    edited November 2011

Morning Valliants.

Terriers fan here.

Really looking forward to the game on Monday.

It is a shame that the game has been switched as far more Terrier fans would have been there on Saturday.

As it is, the first 500 Town fans who bought tickets have been given free coach travel by the club.

Some of us are still coming down on Saturday tho and spending a few days in the capital.

Should still be a cracking atmosphere and a hard fought game.

It will be interesting to see who Lee Clark starts with up front for Town.

Alan Lee normally starts alongside Jordan Rhodes.

Lee does the physical work for Rhodes.

If Lee is suspended (I am sure Town will appeal Saturdays red card) Lee Novak could replace him.

Novak has physically matured this season and scores more goals than Alan Lee and is the leagues 5th highest scorer.

We have the potential to score but you have the tightest defence.

We have the second best defence in the league I think so we will be aiming to keep BWP out of the game.

Really looking forward to it.

• Options
    We are all looking forward to it too, should be a cracker! Think everyone would have preferred it to have been on the Saturday as the crowd would have been much higher. Still, will be a healthy crowd and a buzzing atmosphere!

On paper and in league position terms this is our biggest test so far and it will be yours too!
  • Options
    Charlton havn't played a good side yet!! that is until we turn on on the 28th. Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=62464#ixzz1eKbQCzff

Charlton were shite when we played them but we were too and it ended up 1-1, we started quiet slow but we seem to be improving week by week.

Just thought i'd let you all know

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=62464#ixzz1eKbm8jhX

They're desperate to hang onto the thought that we could drop away at some stage !

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Welcome Betty, most of us are also gutted the game has been switched. The fact we will lose a lot of money from it being on telly, its a dsgrace we have to be dictated to by Sky and can't just turn around and say no thanks.

This is our biggest game for a year and a half imo.

It's good to have some decent Huddersfield views on here. Please ignore any immature responses.
  • Options
    if we win this in the style we smashed preston, then i think i will try and finally start to accept that this team is for real and we will keep it going. im still one of the few left who is waiting for it all to go tits up. I will settle for a nice 1 -1 right now if offerd, they can keep there fake unbeaten run going and the gap will remain the same. I have the same feeling going into this game as i did before preston that we would be 'found out' and get a hiding a look at what happend, 4 nil at half time. This truly is where the season starts to get tough, we head into december and january with ties against both sheffield clubs, brentford at home and horrible away trips to yeovil and exeter, now is where we find out how far we have come and where we are on our way too..
  • Options
    0-0 writing all over it

Also Wednesday will lose against Orient and it'll be as it was.
  • Options
    Welcome Betty, most of us are also gutted the game has been switched. The fact we will lose a lot of money from it being on telly, its a dsgrace we have to be dictated to by Sky and can't just turn around and say no thanks. This is our biggest game for a year and a half imo. It's good to have some decent Huddersfield views on here. Please ignore any immature responses.

Thank you very much,

but it's BERTY !!

I am only Betty at weekends

• Options
    Welcome Betty, most of us are also gutted the game has been switched. The fact we will lose a lot of money from it being on telly, its a dsgrace we have to be dictated to by Sky and can't just turn around and say no thanks. This is our biggest game for a year and a half imo. It's good to have some decent Huddersfield views on here. Please ignore any immature responses.

Thank you very much,

but it's BERTY !!

I am only Betty at weekends

• Options

Betty was awarded the
    following on her site

Voted Newcomer of the year 2007.

Voted Best Post of the year 2008, 2009, 2010.

Awarded 3* for the above.

Voted "Insightful" Poster of the year 2008.

Runner up 2009 & 2010

Talks Sense Award Winner 2008.

Made Chief Numpty Spotter 2009

Voice of Reason Winner 2009 & 2010.

Elected Elder Statesman 2009

Voted Best Shagger At An Orgy 2011

Unless Betty is a generic name for TVs oop north
  • Options
  • Options

Betty was awarded the following on her site

Voted Newcomer of the year 2007.
    Voted Best Post of the year 2008, 2009, 2010.
    Awarded 3* for the above.
    Voted "Insightful" Poster of the year 2008.
    Runner up 2009 & 2010
    Talks Sense Award Winner 2008.
    Made Chief Numpty Spotter 2009
    Voice of Reason Winner 2009 & 2010.
    Elected Elder Statesman 2009
    Voted Best Shagger At An Orgy 2011

Unless Betty is a generic name for TVs oop north
    It is BERTY ya numpty. Notice, it is Elder StatesMAN 2009, not StatesPERSON.
  • Options
    Welcome Betty, most of us are also gutted the game has been switched. The fact we will lose a lot of money from it being on telly, its a dsgrace we have to be dictated to by Sky and can't just turn around and say no thanks.

This is our biggest game for a year and a half imo.

It's good to have some decent Huddersfield views on here. Please ignore any immature responses.
    lololol... classic.  

Please ignore any immature responses and calls the poster Betty!
  • Options
    Blimey Betty, that's some CV. You're like the Alex Ferguson of internet forums !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey Betty, that's some CV. You're like the Alex Ferguson of internet forums !
    Or should that be ALICE Ferguson <smiley icon>
  • Options

never felt more excited about a fixture, in years, i reckon its going to be a hum dinger and we will take their record and shove it where the sun dont shine

2-1 addicks BWP, Pritchard , Rohdes to give us an anxious last 5

and send the annoying geordie out of town with his arse smacked after seeing the real champions of this league

• Options
    Hi Betty , ooh you are awful....
  • Options
    Never felt more excited about conversing with another poster on a forum - Berty, a Huddersfield internet legend. How is the voting done Berty and is there a big ceremony? How do you deal with the press / intrusion?
  • Options

I don't know how the voting is done for the footy awards.

The women just raised their hands for the last award <big smile>

• Options

The last time i was this exicted about a match was the play off semi against Swindon.

Looking forward to this match should be excellent to watch against the second place team in this division. Shame its on a Monday two more days to wait for this match. With the way we are playing i dont fear anyone in this division

• Options
    It is good to have a big match to look forward too. It is hard to get too excited about some of the fixtures you get in League One but I am sure this will be a match that is hotly contested by the 2 best sides in the League. Do really feel we are going to win it though -both teams will be confident but I think we have the best side in the division. I'm sure Huddersfield will try to outplay us and good on them for that - unlike Wednesday who chose the dark side when they realised they couldn't match our football. Can't believe they are trying to see a positive in a game they created as little in as I can remember any opponent doing! 
  • Options

Does anyone have any idea what the crowd will be like? Is it unreasonable to think it could be the biggest crowd of the season, despite now being on a monday?

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Massive game , Over 20k would be extremely good considering its on tv.