Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield next week

Comments

• Options

I remember our first year in The Championship (when I thought we'd go straight back up). We played Stoke away early in the season and it was on TV.

Parkin gave Paddy McCarthy the run around. We were 1 up and lost 2-1, with Paddy looking like a donkey.

It was at that point that I knew we were fooked.

• Options
    exactly CE I have genuine worries he could cause us problems.
  • Options
    with Paddy looking like a donkey.
    To be fair, that could be any Charlton match he played in. I've seen milk turn faster
  • Options
    He might not be match fit and could be on the bench.
  • Options
    Has he been playing much? I don't think he would be that sharp. Morro will have him in his pocket. 
    Just watch the flick ons to rhodes.
  • Options
    i think with confidence of our team at the moment, the back two wont be at all concerned. especially by a fat bloke.
  • Options
    This game has got 6 - 0 charlton written all over it
  • Options

I remember our first year in The Championship (when I thought we'd go straight back up). We played Stoke away early in the season and it was on TV.

Parkin gave Paddy McCarthy the run around. We were 1 up and lost 2-1, with Paddy looking like a donkey.

It was at that point that I knew we were fooked.

Don't forget Preston away a few years ago.

1-0 up and lost 2-1 in Parkin's first game back for them. He had a decent game against us.
  • Options
    i think with confidence of our team at the moment, the back two wont be at all concerned. especially by a fat bloke.
    Nothing wrong with fat blokes!

• Options
    Standard matchday ticket prices at The Valley for 2011/12 are £18, £22 and £25 adults, with over 60s paying £13 and £18, U18s £10 and U11s £5.

What happened to under 21's? Got a few 18s that come but they wont pay £15+ when they can just watch there skysports instead
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Airman any update on sales? Crowd prediction?
  • Options
    I reckon the first thing on both Managers minds will be ' don't lose '. Huddersfield will aim to keep it tight, and then go for a goal in the final minutes which they have done successfully several times. Interesting that they have taken big lump Jon Parkin on loan. We will need to be two up, and ready to withstand fifteen minutes of the ball being pumped high into our area if we want to win. As everyone is saying, one way or another, this one is going to be well tasty ! What are the odds on it finishing with 22 still on the pitch ?
  • Options
    So that will see Huddersfield playing hoofball now...
  • Options
    Standard matchday ticket prices at The Valley for 2011/12 are £18, £22 and £25 adults, with over 60s paying £13 and £18, U18s £10 and U11s £5.

What happened to under 21's? Got a few 18s that come but they wont pay £15+ when they can just watch there skysports instead

They still do the u21s just don't advertise it any more not sure why
  • Options
    With them just getting the record do you think they will come setting out not to lose or will they be going all out for the win?

• Options

Hi

I am a Town fan of many years.You seem to be under the mis-apprehension that during this run we have had that we go out not to loose, I do think that we have drawn too many matches but we have never to my recollection gone into a game playing not to loose, in fact the opposite is the case we have drawn games because once we get in front we keep going forward and can't close games out, so expect a good game of football on Monday and may the best team win!!

• Options

Hi

I am a Town fan of many years.You seem to be under the mis-apprehension that during this run we have had that we go out not to loose, I do think that we have drawn too many matches but we have never to my recollection gone into a game playing not to loose, in fact the opposite is the case we have drawn games because once we get in front we keep going forward and can't close games out, so expect a good game of football on Monday and may the best team win!!

It is LOSE not loose.

• Options

Hit them where it hurts Dicky. Their spelling.

• Options
    @dickplumb  - unless they wear tight shorts and he meant 'too loose'
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Hi

It is LOSE not loose.

Unnecessary comment Mr Plumb. Welcome Jordy and here's to a good game on Monday evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hi

Welcome JR..I think a lot of our fans are looking forward to a proper game.  This season we are playing better against teams that want to win.  Are you coming down for the match?
  • Options
    bugger the best team winning. I'd settle for second best but the three points.
  • Options
    Parkin...big fat lump & slow & has still caused us problems in the past ......... lets hope we can tame the beast ;-)
  • Options
    He'll be neutered!
  • Options

We also usually play better against decent teams who want to play football so lets hope its a good one. Interested to see what Parkin will bring to the team, if he holds it up and brings others into the game then we should do ok.  Players for you to worry about, Jordon Rhodes (obviously). Gary Roberts. Jack Hunt, Scott Arfield and Danny Ward if he gets a game.  Who apart from Wright Philips are playing well for you?

• Options
    All of them.

Even the tannoy man has been on form lately
  • Options
    edited November 2011

We also usually play better against decent teams who want to play football so lets hope its a good one. Interested to see what Parkin will bring to the team, if he holds it up and brings others into the game then we should do ok.  Players for you to worry about, Jordon Rhodes (obviously). Gary Roberts. Jack Hunt, Scott Arfield and Danny Ward if he gets a game.  Who apart from Wright Philips are playing well for you?

Everyone LOL - Damn AFKA beat me to it.
  • Options

Wiggins, Morrison, Hollands.

Danny Green is finally looking decent as well.

• Options

Jack Hunt impressed me last season with his pace. We have a bit more pace ourselves now though.
  • Options

Jack Hunt impressed me last season with his pace. We have a bit more pace ourselves now though.
    Say it fast