Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Football League "without Charlton Athletic" Show

Comments

• Options
    It's quite an achievement, no doubt.

But its not a record.
  • Options
    18 draws in 43
  • Options
    How many moaning on this thread about the lack of coverage are also on the artificial pitch thread being all traditionalist.
    Just don't watch it and voila, 3rd tier tv coverage back in nostalgia central.
  • Options
    It's quite an achievement, no doubt. But its not a record.

According to The football league, is it a record.

Huddersfield Town didn't come up with this. Huddersfield Town FANS didn't come up with this. It was The footbal league that have said it is a new FOOTBALL LEAGUE record of 43 unbeaten regular season league games.

• Options

43 games unbeaten. how many promotions/titles?

means absolutely f*ck all if you dont go anywhere.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Quite right, but it is nice to have yet another record in our books.
  • Options
    I don't want more coverage I have cafc player for that, One of the better things about the prem was you got football first to feed you with the missed games Hopefully sky will soon cotton on that there is a market ti extend that choice down to the championship And when we go up we can have that option until then cafc player will suffice
  • Options
    OOHAHH piss off I will not say that one aim statement its jank
    Steve, I'm getting you this for Christmas, as per Dazzlers link.

http://thetopofthetops.spreadshirt.co.uk/

If we get the CLIT up and running this season then we should get barsney on the bus and all of have those on, and get barnsey a One Aim i am the leader T shirt

• Options
    I don't want more coverage I have cafc player for that, One of the better things about the prem was you got football first to feed you with the missed games Hopefully sky will soon cotton on that there is a market ti extend that choice down to the championship And when we go up we can have that option until then cafc player will suffice
    I think Sky are taking the football league highlights show from the Beeb next season.
  • Options
    gave up with the football league show some time ago, just use the highlights on the charlton page on the bbc website, dont have to listen to some bald guy prattling on about an unusal pie at morcombe or fan with a wooden leg and parrot at yeovil, just bangs straight to the highlights. dont use charlton player either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I use Sky plus

I record 'the football league show' and usually watch it when i get in from footie on a Sunday.

It goes Sky, Planner, Football League show, Select, Fast Forward > Fast Forward > Fast Forward > League one Highlights.....10 seconds of Charlton to see the goals......Back up > Delete.

I prefer ' Goals on Sunday' with Kammy anway

• Options

I like our low profile, but the show in general is dreadful.

As they have cameras at every ground, I dont understand why they dont fashion three shows out of  it, one for each league. They fill more airtime for little extra cost, punters are happy because they will have better coverage of each team.

• Options

It is interesting that you feel Charlton are short changed on the show.

Hudds fans have had the same complaint about the show, and Clarice. We are very surprised about the coverage we got on Saturday.

Charlton will get a decent coverage if you stay top.

• Options

It is interesting that you feel Charlton are short changed on the show.

Hudds fans have had the same complaint about the show, and Clarice. We are very surprised about the coverage we got on Saturday.

Charlton will get a decent coverage if you stay top.

I don't think we will. It pains Claridge to comment on Charlton because of his Millwall past. 
    I was watching it Saturday and was waiting for them to even say.. "wonderful win for Charlton who are 5 points clear still"... 
    All we got was when the table come up. They mentioned MK Franchise Hudds Sheff W and just said "Charlton won". Ridiculous.
  • Options

What Ooohaah said. All those who relished being in a "real" league with "real football", take note.

I tend to fast forward on iplayer or sky+ and thats all I see.

Does Claridge still spend most of the show talking to the desk?

• Options
    edited November 2011
    you can stuff your one aim in the same place as that poxy fish.
  • Options
    you can stuff your one aim in the same place as that poxy fish.
    Quality!
  • Options
    You could take it as a compliment - not worth talking about Charlton as they are far and above everybody else and walking the league. Another viewpoint possibly.
  • Options

I use Sky plus

I record 'the football league show' and usually watch it when i get in from footie on a Sunday.

It goes Sky, Planner, Football League show, Select, Fast Forward > Fast Forward > Fast Forward > League one Highlights.....10 seconds of Charlton to see the goals......Back up > Delete.

I prefer ' Goals on Sunday' with Kammy anway

This.

I have little (or no idea) what the program is like. I suspect that most (if not all) football fans watch some of Match of the Day if they want to see some football highlights but leave the Football League show until the Sunday when they fast forward to their team, watch their goals a few times, and then turn it off. I didn't realise until very recently that there is a blonde lady in it that reads out emails. What is that all about?

It's merely a long TV show that ensures that we (fans of football clubs outside of the Premier League) can see our teams goals each week.
  • Options
    wow that palace team had some players i hated with a passion.. andy roberts darren pitcher and marc edworthy.. for the record how tall was Zalac that goalie that they brought on..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thats the one Tango. 

Does MOTD fail to mention that City are still top and 5 clear...? 
    Thought not. 
  • Options
    edited November 2011

I like our low profile, but the show in general is dreadful.

As they have cameras at every ground, I dont understand why they dont fashion three shows out of  it, one for each league. They fill more airtime for little extra cost, punters are happy because they will have better coverage of each team.

I like the idea of a show per league - I'm only really interested in whatever league we're in tbh.
  • Options
    Dunno why it cant be longer. Not likes theres anything worthwhile on after it anyway.
  • Options

Sky Sports sum this up perfectly!

"Huddersfield are unbeaten in 43 REGULAR football league season matches" (aka playoffs not included).

Either way, I appreciate the Football League show need to get through alot of games each week. Im more annoyed that they seem to cover, as the main match, the one that was on tv earlier in the bloody day! Surely then a fair few might have already seen it so why do extended coverage again!

Also they made short work of our big wins recently but when Oldham and Chestefield do it its big news.

Solution? Record Goals Express from 7pm to 8pm on Sky Sports News...you get to see the goals without the FLS in sight, albeit for less that the FLS 10 seconds we get...and no Claridge!

• Options
    Atleast we have the same one aim with the fish barnsey
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Eureka! Last nights goals have just been shown on the Beeb and a brief little piece by Mark Bright bigging us up at the end of the League Cup show. Manish had to acknowledge our achievements so far this season, wonders will never cease!
  • Options
    9 mins of highlights now on player..............
  • Options
    One of the major problems with BBC highlights shows is that they assume people want to watch extended high;ights of the game with the most cameras rather than the best game! As for us, what can you say - basically the same thing every week - sure they would be saying more if we had a blip so quite happy not to get much of a mention.
  • Options
    First League 1 game on today. Of all games to put us first and they choose our 1-1 draw with Walsall. Still only about 15 seconds though.
  • Options
    FL show normally start at the top of the league and work their way down. Every club gets about 30 seconds on it unless it's one of the featured CCC games.