Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Football League "without Charlton Athletic" Show

Comments

• Options
    It always strikes me when I watch the league 1 highlights just how bad the defending is in our league! At least half of the goals are due to defensive mistakes. While we aren't quite reproducing the free flowing attacking football of earlier in the season, our defense is very very good compared to everyone elses. I can't remember them making many mistakes. In Wiggins and Solly, we surely have the best full backs.

• Options
    we haven't conceded a goal from open play for over 500 minutes since the Notts County shambles, that's going some
  • Options
    Did you see the guy with the crutches celebrating (duting the Coventry game?).
  • Options
    It always strikes me when I watch the league 1 highlights just how bad the defending is in our league! At least half of the goals are due to defensive mistakes. While we aren't quite reproducing the free flowing attacking football of earlier in the season, our defense is very very good compared to everyone elses. I can't remember them making many mistakes. In Wiggins and Solly, we surely have the best full backs.

Fatigue maybe? No side keeps up performances like that all season. Look at City.
  • Options
    Did you see the guy with the crutches celebrating (duting the Coventry game?).

Looks like he will be losing his disability allowance!!
  • Options
    Claridge mentioned that he saw Chesterfield push Charlton to 'their absolute limits' earlier this season.

Would that be the 3-1 or the 4-0, Steve?!
  • Options
    Claridge mentioned that he saw Chesterfield push Charlton to 'their absolute limits' earlier this season.

im sure he was on about exeter
  • Options
    Our lack of coverage is somewhat frustrating but at the end of the day it's where we are in the League that matters.
  • Options

im sure he was on about exeter
    Yep, deffo talking about Exeter

• Options
    Manish Bhasin ‏ @bbc_manish Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Charlton are promoted! Well done to Chris Powell and his players. 18 new arrivals in summer...so much for needing time 'to gel'...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps 45 seconds tonight!
  • Options
    Looking forward to our 30 seconds tonight!
  • Options
    They quite possibly will try their damnedest not to mention us tonight ....!
  • Options
    We'll get a decent mention all right, the first team in the football league to get promoted!

It's actually been very reassuring that every time you see coverage of this league, it's always been about the battle between the Sheffield clubs for second place.
  • Options
    SCP at the end wow...
  • Options
    emotional
  • Options
    Just seen Chris being interviewed on the FLS and yes I shed a tear. Chris you are a gentleman and a hero to all of us. And happy birthday to your Mum.
  • Options
    i had managed not to shed any tears today until i saw the shots of the players coming back out afterwards and Chrissy's interview. What an absolute legend.
  • Options
    Steve Claridge did ok.
  • Options
    weren't we top since september not october? or am i wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    weren't we top since september not october? or am i wrong
    i thought so...
  • Options
    September 13th, I believe Mike.
  • Options
    typical claridge no credit!
  • Options
    64 second of action and celebration plus 50 of Claridge's 'expertise'. Normal service will be resumed next week!
  • Options
    Seeing chrissys interview puts a lump in the throat. So glad we have him
  • Options
    Well now we're in the Champs we get more coverage.

Take that FLS!
  • Options
    September 13th, I believe Mike.
    I thought september 10th, my birthday.

Could be wrong though.

• Options
    Well now we're in the Champs we get more coverage.

Take that FLS!
    Well...I wouldn't be so certain.

Just have to hope West Ham go up then everyone else might get some more!
  • Options
    I don't think the FLS is on next season, the BBC deal ends this season
  • Options
    Despite having defended them I really can't understand why they wouldn't put us on first. I suppose it would give away the Wednesday result, but then again they often do so in the intro anyway.