Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Football League "without Charlton Athletic" Show

Comments

• Options
    "Manish Bhasin ‏ @bbc_manish
    Thanks for all your messages folks. Always welcome.Few unhappy Charlton fans let themselves down tonight.Maybe a good sleep will do em good"

• Options
    Do you know what, they probably wont focus on us next week just to annoy us. Why should they when they receive abuse.

It was like the morons abusing the BBC sports reporter when he was tweeting about one of the alleged takeovers. They then said they wouldnt report on it after as the abuse wasnt worth it.

But I dont think its just us who have idiotic w*nkers on there... just looking at some of the ched evans tweets makes me realise that.
  • Options
    Im sure the last game celebrations will be focused on.

Charlton fans calling him names on twitter embarrass me.

Mind you we do have some real nobs as fans.. as @revellint and I witnessed outside the Valley yesterday.

What did you witness?

• Options
    Its not only the BBC. Last week the sunday times managed 14 words about us getting promoted. This week none. I am amazed they even bothered showing us in/ on top of the table
  • Options
    A div bending over to fix his plimsoll while a car was right behind him, after a while of having his arse cheeks bent over in front of her she bibbed him. He kindly yelled shut up you slut at her.

It was nothing major it just really irked me.
  • Options
    I agree that the lack of coverage compared to previously promoted teams (Brighton and especially Leeds the year before) is frustrating. However, some of the comments on here remind me of Wednesday like behaviour.

Any chance of getting decent coverage for the last day has probably been ruined due to the immature abuse Manish has got.

Bit embarrassing really and not very Charlton like.
  • Options
    It's a show for goals ken bloody hell everyone gets equal coverage. It's not the Charlton show
    But there is always a feature section to the show...... so why not feature the champions.
    They featured Huddersfields run earlier enough in the season.
  • Options
    It's a show for goals ken bloody hell everyone gets equal coverage. It's not the Charlton show
    But there is always a feature section to the show...... so why not feature the champions.
    They featured Huddersfields run earlier enough in the season.
    The feature this week was on Swindon as they thought there might be celebrations afoot. Eight minutes. Last week when we got promoted we got less than 2.5 minutes.
    I don't have any issues with what was said on the show but I can understand the frustrations of some who suggest that we are ignored.
    Now if our manager was a flamboyant type prone to making Nazi salutes, or we were MASSIVE, or lived closer to the new home of the BBC, or went on a 300 match unbeaten run perhaps things would be different.
  • Options
    To be fair, us getting promotion was the bigger news, I think for most people the question of us becoming champions was only a matter of time, and was as such not as newsworthy.

The clubs at the bottom of League 1 barely get any coverage, so the FLS had every reason to show them first, especially given that some of them could have been relegated (and indeed Rochdale were)
  • Options
    A div bending over to fix his plimsoll while a car was right behind him, after a while of having his arse cheeks bent over in front of her she bibbed him. He kindly yelled shut up you slut at her.

It was nothing major it just really irked me.
    I saw that. What a complete nob head of a bloke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't see much wrong with the coverage on last night's show tbh, other than perhaps they could've included a few words from Powell.

@Weegie Regarding Claridge mentioning us only winning 1 in 5 - to me it seemed he was complimenting us on responding to that. He was saying that the gap had been reduced but we'd responded and kicked on to win 5 in a row rather than collapsing under the pressure. That was my interpretation anyway.
  • Options
    Ha athletico... I was the woman that called him a charmer and he kindly told me to shut up as well. Then another lady talked to him I think so he sulked off.

Anyway off topic.
  • Options
    Really can't see why people are having a go at Manish. It's not his decision who he talks about and for how long.

On a positive note, the charlton badge sits prominently over his shoulder week in week out..........................................;-)
  • Options
    Im sure the last game celebrations will be focused on.

Charlton fans calling him names on twitter embarrass me.

Mind you we do have some real nobs as fans.. as @revellint and I witnessed outside the Valley yesterday.
    Curb_It, yep what was that bloke on?? Come to support a team top of the league and a chance to be champions!!

2nd from bottom and 5 points adrift ok be a bit grumpy, what an idiot!!

• Options
    The show is what it is, I record it and then fast forward all the chat and interviews so I just watch the games and the goals.

The crap those managers trot out after each game is not worth the air time hence my fast forward button gets well used on this show.
  • Options
    Can't see what all the fuss is about, I think it's pretty fair. Teams get equal coverage. Can't believe some of you are comparing it to a 24 hour sports news channel..
  • Options
    I thought the coverage was perfectly ok, Claridge was highlighting the fact that that just when we started stuttering (and 1 win in 5 was a worrying run) whereas other clubs (hello Harry Redknapp) have completely slumped, we've completely turned it round to pull away from the Sheffield Clubs.

Swindon was the big story after the Di Canio outbursts on their drinking, and players being disciplined and dropped. Imagine if before a crucial game to win promotion, Powell had dropped Morrison, Solly, Hollands and Kermorgant for disciplinary reasons.
  • Options
    Jeez, they even managed to show a league table without us in it!
    They managed to put up that weird table without us in it again - probably because we've disappeared over the hill out of sight now!
    ;o)
    Waheeeeyyyy - there's THAT table again!

You know, I'm almost gonna miss it next season.
  • Options
    Rosenoir is streets ahead of Claridge as a pundit.

• Options
    Rosenior's pet poodle is streets ahead of Claridge as a pundit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolute joke today. Next to no time given for us, even though we were lifting the trophy. Also, was it Taylor who did the overhead kick to set up Haynes? They gave it to Morrison...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ah a bit longer. How kind. Oh, in fact another 5 seconds to replay Yann's goal and mention that he has been a key player.
  • Options
    the coverage has been good stop moaning!!
  • Options
    Red devils landing on the pitch, opera sings, packed ground, lifting the trouble and family and player on the pitch, great red and white though out the ground, and what do we get just the goals - lots and lots of coverage on Sheff Weds, who won the league ? Pitiful coverage. Rubbish programme.

They couldn't even get it together to get a camera on the pitch to see the players lift the trophy from the front, over the head shot. Nothing of Chris Powell's great comments at the end.

Pitiful. I hate the Football League show. Tell me if these jokers have the coverage next year ? I would like to see which teams the production team support, as it is affecting their professional judgement.
  • Options
    even if were unbeaten and top of the league next season well still be behind teams like barnsley and get 30 seocnds as per.....
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    "the coverage has been good." Sir please read vff's post and then retract your statement, fool.
  • Options
    No championship in tonights show and it took them 26 minutes to even mention us.
  • Options
    Absolute joke today. Next to no time given for us, even though we were lifting the trophy. Also, was it Taylor who did the overhead kick to set up Haynes? They gave it to Morrison...
    It was Morrison...
  • Options
    It was Morrison...
    Ah cool :-)
  • Options
    "the coverage has been good." Sir please read vff's post and then retract your statement, fool.
    Just love to moan