Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Football League "without Charlton Athletic" Show

Comments

• Options
    Hahaha. Ok.
  • Options
    Just because, they assumed our promotion and winning the championship was a foregone conclusion, doesn't mean the success and turn around at the club, didn't deserve a feature. There was some great footage they could have used today from smurfs, to red and white cards, sky divers and raising the trophy, full house and all.

Mike, how can you say that the coverage today was good ?

• Options
    we won the league two weeks ago, today was about wednesday in our league. They showed the goals, had a little talk about us. That is the show.

Late Kick off on monday night is doing a feature on us, which is the whole point of the monday night program more coverage whereas tonights one is for all the goals
  • Options
    How do you know they are doing a feature on us on Monday ?
  • Options
    cafc twitter posted something about it the other day
  • Options
    They could have mentioned it. I still think they could have made the effort to get a proper camera position for presenting the trophy and added in some of the good things going on. I'll hold my breath for the great feature on Monday then.
  • Options
    I don't know if the BBC is continuing with the Football League Show but l think it's fine. Next season, it could return to ITV with just a hour slot complete with adverts, so be careful with what you wish for!

All this outcry with wanting more coverage, only shows what a arrogant bunch of fans Charlton may now have?
  • Options
    The battle between the Sheffield clubs was the BIG story, our promotion party was well down the pecking order in L1, Indeed, Barnet staying up in the Football League was much more important!
  • Options
    Have been waiting all season for decent coverage, it just didn't happen, its pathetic
  • Options
    I thought they could have given us another couple of minutes yeaterday but in all honesty, we got what we knew we would get.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    on the day when there was no championship matches that was a pitiful amount of time for us
  • Options
    How much time did they spend on us when we won promotion at Carlisle? Not half as much as they did on Wendies today.

Why every week do they show teams getting off the team coach?
  • Options
    The highlights they'll put on the website on Monday will probably have quite a bit more as well, so I wouldn't worry. As others have said, there were still places to be decided yesterday.
  • Options
    When it's a two horse race on the last day they should flit between the two games. No chance of that here.

The amount of coverage the massives get compared to us is disgusting
  • Options
    Oh yeah and it was defo Taylor that set up Haynes goal. Clear as day
  • Options
    We're old news in the media's eyes , that's why our coverage was so poor, not saying i like it , but that's the way it is , just make sure you buy the end of season dvd from the club shop when it comes out.
  • Options
    The coverage last night was pitiful....end of really.
  • Options
    I doubt it helps our cause when the show's presenter gets abused on Twitter by Charlton 'fans'
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I doubt it helps our cause when the show's presenter gets abused on Twitter by Charlton 'fans'
    ?....strange comment Valley11....is he not above criticism then?
    Doing the job he does leaves one open to it I guess...and to be fair he does often deserve it....whether from Addicks or others.

• Options
    Criticism is fair enough but the stuff that was posted on his Twitter was out of order. The coverage last night was fine. I do think they could have done a longer piece for when we clinched promotion though but really, who cares!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolute joke today. Next to no time given for us, even though we were lifting the trophy. Also, was it Taylor who did the overhead kick to set up Haynes? They gave it to Morrison...
    It was Morrison...
    Definitely Taylor just rewatched it.
  • Options
    Have just watched it on iplayer. The first 15 minutes was all about Wednesday.

Did we get 15 minutes of coverage at any stage this season? No.

Two bob show, two bob presenter, two bob "pundits". I expect nothing less. Fuck em.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with them showing the promotion battle first, as we've already been there for three weeks. To do otherwise would be like watching the winners enclosure whilst a race is still running. That said, the length and quality of the coverage we got was pitiful. Why nothing about the party before the match; surely they could have squeezed in one Red Devil or one opera singer? Why no interview with Chris Powell; surely the most successful manager in the league would have a few words of wisdom worth listening to? Why was the camera angle so poor for the lifting of the trophy; was it really beyond them to get a camera onto the pitch so that we could see it front on? Everyone who was there saw it from the stands, they have the privilege of being able to get up close and they blew it big time. As for the coverage of the match itself, it's been poor all season there's no reason to think that it would be any different on the last day.
  • Options
    I thought that commentator calling Llera "Yeahra" was hilarious! Also, the whole 'massive' joke seems to have gone viral! I thought that started after the deluded posters on Owlstalk and our reaction to it, but was it going on before then?
  • Options
    Isn't that how you pronounce 'Yehra'? Hence 'Beyesteros' not 'Ballast-ear-os'? Can a linguist settle this one?
  • Options
    He was always called Llera at Charlton and I'm pretty sure that was how he introduced himself on the Christmas vid. Could be wrong though.
  • Options
    ... Did we get 15 minutes of coverage at any stage this season? No...
    Did we get 15 minutes in total throughout the season?
  • Options
    Have just watched it on iplayer. The first 15 minutes was all about Wednesday.

Did we get 15 minutes of coverage at any stage this season? No.

Two bob show, two bob presenter, two bob "pundits". I expect nothing less. F**k em.
    I was embarassed by the abuse that Manish got last week and it probably didn't help our cause, but the coverage that we thought we would get after promotion/winning the division just hasn't materialised. For there to be no player/management comment last night was staggering...

I know that football supporters can be ridiculously one-eyed, but if you compare our coverage to the focus on the Wendies, Hudds etc. we have been shafted. The only explanation I can think of is that the BBC is infested with Palace fans or an Addick ran over one of their beloved pets....

So let me echo the sentiments of Off it and hope for the first time in my life that some football coverage is lost by the BBC and goes to a commercial station. Now they've made me feel dirty, the bastards. I hope they're proud of themselves.

• Options
    Not to worry. I can watch all the highlights on CAFC player......................just a pity it looks like it was filmed with a potato, due to the poor service given by FLI.
  • Options
    Well this is my most popular thread (not difficult). I stand by the title of it. The coverage of our football club by this programme has been totally disrespectful to our acheivement this year. Not that I expect much else of course but was just airing my own sense of injustice. Hey ho, it'll be the same next year with whatever piece of dross replaces this poor excuse of a programme.