Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Football League "without Charlton Athletic" Show

Comments

• Options
    Despite having defended them I really can't understand why they wouldn't put us on first. I suppose it would give away the Wednesday result, but then again they often do so in the intro anyway.

Did you not hear the intro ? They said Charlton Athletic could be promoted today, but it all depended on 1 result.....

Why would they show all our game 1st including the celebrations and say.... lets see how Wednesday did ?
  • Options
    They got it right last night. They had to show the Wednesday game first to be able to then show our celebrations.
  • Options
    The BBC News sports round-up didn't mention us at all! Tthe first club in the League to win promotion, breaking 6 (?) club records in the process! But nevermind, BBC - you bollock on about Fleetwood Town for 5 mins instead, eh?
  • Options
    Jeez, they even managed to show a league table without us in it!
  • Options
    Not gonna miss this thread next season.
  • Options
    I quite like the show really, I watch it for the goals not the coverage we might get. Be a shame if its not on next year.
  • Options
    Jeez, they even managed to show a league table without us in it!
    That was weird, wasn't it? Just a black hole at the top of the league. Wtf?
  • Options
    look forward to bumping into Manish "Who?" at the Jobcentre next season
  • Options
    There will be much more about us on Late Kick Off tomorrow I expect
  • Options
    I don't hate it, simply because based overseas, it's really the only way to actually SEE the goals and/or highlights in a timely manner every week. (At least the websites I check have this and MOTD up and ready for download Sunday morning.)

Coming from an American perspective, the BBC is entirely low-key compared to similar highlight shows regarding our sports.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair, I thought that the coverage of us on the FLS was decent last night. It built the story up for us and Steve Claridge was fair.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    weren't we top since september not october? or am i wrong
    We were top from August 6th to August 20th. We regained top spot on September 13th; that bizarre night that we lost to Preston in the Carling Cup but went top thanks to a Blades league loss, after MK Dons and Sheffield United had shared it for a few weeks.
  • Options
    Surpassed themselves again tonight - grudging mention of the top of League One only after they extensively covered the bottom! And no interview with SCP. I almost feel like not paying my license fee in protest ...
  • Options
    Terrible show. Almost not worth the effort to watch. At least we font have to put up with that stupid woman anymore .
  • Options
    Stop moaning, at least we get highlights..if you don't like it then don't watch it. It's not rocket science
  • Options
    They managed to put up that weird table without us in it again - probably because we've disappeared over the hill out of sight now!
    ;o)
  • Options
    Agree Nath don't see what all the fuss is I watch it for the goals not the chat. If you want all Charlton chat go on cafc player for the night
  • Options
    Agree Nath don't see what all the fuss is I watch it for the goals not the chat. If you want all Charlton chat go on cafc player for the night
    The FLS might not exist come next season so people might as well enjoy and watch while we know it's on
  • Options
    Anyone know what's going down on twitter, just seen Manish tweet "anything to say now Charlton fans?" ?
    Can see that he is getting a lot of abuse from CAFC fans.
  • Options
    Daniel Crawford ‏ @Dan_Crawford · Close
    you are a fucking cunt @bbc_manish and the #fls is a disgrace and does not do these leagues justice. You shouldn't have a job. #CAFC

Mature
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daniel Crawford ‏ @Dan_Crawford · Close
    you are a fucking cunt @bbc_manish and the #fls is a disgrace and does not do these leagues justice. You shouldn't have a job. #CAFC

Mature

Classy.
  • Options
    Quite sad really, Yeahh i agree it's poor but ive known that for 5 years now !
    Stop going on about it it's getting boring.
  • Options
    It'll only be for another season and then we'll be on MOTD! Ffs
  • Options
    What was that 'anything to say now charlton fans?' about?
    Is he trying to wind cafc supporters up because we featured in the relegation battle section? Or is it referencing something else? I don't understand
  • Options
    Regardless of the programme quality and coverage for cafc you do not send abuse like that tweet to anyone. Makes me ashamed to have any connection (cafc) with that dan crawford. I have words to describe him but I will not use them here.
  • Options
    Cannot understand the logic of this show. Surely an interview with Chris would have been called for, even if they talked about how he has turned things around.
    Perhaps someone has upset them. Not sure the presenters decide the format of the show, or the content, and personally I would not miss it. But others have little other choice as posted.
    Could the club not invite the producers down there.....for the last home game.
  • Options
    Seriously, you lot need to stop moaning!

What do you expect? A Charlton badge next to the BBC logo? Steve Claridge wearing a Charlton shirt or scarf?

All clubs get this kind of coverage, they featured us last week, get over it!!!!!
  • Options
    It's a show for goals ken bloody hell everyone gets equal coverage. It's not the Charlton show
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Mike and Disco - you clearly don't remember the "Brighton show" from last season, then? As runaway champions, I just expect us to get a bit more coverage eg a proper interview with the manager, and not snide comments:

Manish: "Charlton have just won five in a row"
    Claridge: "Yeah, after five games with only one win"

To say they begrudge us our position is a huge understatement!

Doesn't excuse the Twitter abuse, mind you...
  • Options
    Im sure the last game celebrations will be focused on.

Charlton fans calling him names on twitter embarrass me.

Mind you we do have some real nobs as fans.. as @revellint and I witnessed outside the Valley yesterday.