Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Football League "without Charlton Athletic" Show

Comments

• Options
    I was delighted that they showed the apparently blatant penalty appeal so I could judge it for myself.

Oh wait..
  • Options
    This one Eaststand............
    Is it just me or is Where's Wally getting easier?
  • Options
    I just watched this. I listened to the commentary yesterday, and I understood the game finished in the most dramatic fashion, with Matt Taylor hitting the post in the last action of the game. This was totally ignored, and we were told that Walsall "came closest to scoring" in the second half, with Russell's excellent goal line clearance, which was shown. 

Useless, literally. 
  • Options
    There chance was better than ours, so it's a fair comment. 
  • Options
    There chance was better than ours, so it's a fair comment. 
    The point is that ours wasn't shown so I can't decide for myself. Hit the bar with the last kick of the game? Surely that's the sort of drama people want to see? An extra 10 seconds.
  • Options
    I used to laugh at these threads, thought it was just biassed cafc fans having a moan. im coming round to the idea that week-in, week-out our BBC highlights aren't a fair reflection of the game/entertainment. I can understand Man Utd dominating Premier League coverage because they are entertaining. I guess you'd have to ask Brighton fans how fair they thought FLS highlights were for them last season.
  • Options
    I have noticed that you get extended highlights on the BBC website that are put up later during the week. Don't know if that is for every game though.
  • Options
    I have noticed that you get extended highlights on the BBC website that are put up later during the week. Don't know if that is for every game though.
    It is for every one
  • Options
    They're filming at The Valley tomorrow.
  • Options
    by mistake ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did they get lost?
  • Options
    They're filming at The Valley tomorrow.
    Did they get lost?
    We should all sing "Get Lost" .
  • Options
    Weren't they there for Tranmere too?
  • Options
    The Football league weekend show on Sky had a 10 minute section tonight on ........Huddersfield.  You couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    They did us a couple of weeks ago to be fair.
  • Options
    Just had an interview with clem and said I wasn't impressed. He said something about knowing we would be up near the top and were waiting for a festive show. Said they had NEEDED to focus on Huddersfield. Bet that part of the interview doesn't even make it!!
  • Options
    Jeez. That's just made my bad feeling about today even worse.

Whenever we get featured on anything we always seem to lose.

If I see Clem down there today I'm gonna kick him in the bollocks.
  • Options
    clem is a jinx!
  • Options
    "Up NEAR the top"?  

F*ck off. 
  • Options
    Right....I'm going for 2 min. 40 secs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apart from the goals they showed one chance each. Fcuk that bald twat standing outside the West Stand and all that shit in the club shop, how about just showing a bit more bloody action. Wankers. 
  • Options
    i could have sworn there was more than that worth watching
  • Options
    How long did mkdons get ????????
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They have a feature on us - and you are STILL moaning
    FFS !!!

Nobody gets more than 60 seconds in league one .... Unless your game is 4 - 4 in which you get maybe 30 seconds more

Some of you jokers seem to think we should be shown before the championship games !!!!

Get over yourselves - delusions of grandeur
  • Options
    I agree with the Disco Dog on last night's prog.  I don't see how you can genuinely complain at that one.
  • Options

I thought the ever-reliable Martin Kelner summed up both the show and the gormless Clemmitt perfectly, about three weeks ago...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/nov/27/football-league-show-manish-bhassin?INTCMP=SRCH

• Options
    Some people just want a football programme completely dedicated to us, but we have that in CAFC player, right?
  • Options

I thought the ever-reliable Martin Kelner summed up both the show and the gormless Clemmitt perfectly, about three weeks ago...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/nov/27/football-league-show-manish-bhassin?INTCMP=SRCH

Thing is the media caters more and more for Sun and Mirror readers as opposed to Grauniadistas. Kelner's piece is a hypocritical written to order piece of condescending rubbish. Have you heard Kelner on Radio 5 or Talksport? .. he gets as tabloid and slippery as the rest of his contemporaries when required and if the price is right.

Anyway, typical Charlton, all the media are there at the Valley,  salivating and busting for a GREAT SHOW .. and we draw 1-1 with good ol Oldham .. Chris Powell looked very sheepish during his after match interview.

• Options
    This thread is ridiculous.  Surprised nobody has blamed the show for us not winning.  We're a third division side.  We got a nice feature.

That blog is absolutely pathetic.  Whine, whine, whine.  Sums up the modern "footy fan" that the biggest concern about relegation is that they'd get less TV coverage.  Short of having a channel dedicated to <insert name of shitty lower league club here>, showing reserves, under 18s, womans team and training, some fans would get their panties in a twist.  The basic problem is that there are a lot of teams in the football league and giving them coverage in a short show is going to be problematic.  None of the whingsters seem to have come up with a solution to this problem (well there there's the more localised/longer coverage show that they show in the new year, but people moan about that too).  Not watching doesn't appear to be a considered option.  The piss poor article sums it up "There has to be a better way of covering three leagues of football."  - right genius suggest one, just one.  You've written 14 paragraphs slating the efforts of every broadcaster and pundit attempting to cover your club.  What are your ideas?   Funnily enough there's not a single sausage in there.  Typical big bollocks West Ham "journo" that assumes the airwaves should be given over to them, but no clear idea bout how it might work.

Personally I find Clem quite agreeable.  He knows a lot more about most lower league clubs than the vast majority of journalists and he's enthusiastic.  I guess some people might not like the style, but the same rules apply: what exactly is it that people would do to make the format better.  Other than just whine.  Or switch off.
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more with the above. I think Clem seems alright, and the fact that the FLS has been at the Valley twice already this season is nice and not something to be complained about.