Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Show

Comments

• Options
    The Football League No-Show - great article on The Seventy Two
  • Options
    It's not on unless games are played on a Saturday. It's not fair really but life must go on. 

You could wait till tomorrow evening whereby highlights might be up on the Sky Ports website.
    For the Sky Ports Channel, do you pass the TV control to the left?
  • Options
    Looks like it could be the end for Manish and co http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/12/29/football-league-show-to-be-axed-by-bbc-115875-23665448/
    Surely there will be a petition ?
  • Options
    Surely it means another channel will have a go at it and if they haven't got match of the day, they may put a bit more effort in.
  • Options
    Will this have a financial affect on football league clubs ?
  • Options

Who cares, we are never on it anyway!!! :)

• Options
    Only if another Channel doesn't bid for the rights which I think is unlikely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am annoyed that Sky no longer show their post weekend football league show anymore.  Far better than the fls and was on a reasonable time.  Hopefully this will return
  • Options
    With a little inspiration and imagination, this show could be far more entertaining than match of the day which is always restricted by the limited number of games it can cover. My big tip would be to forget where you have put your best cameras and give the best games most air time, Dont bother with commentators going to games, use them in the studio on the best highlights. Try to get some real fan input on issues and rivalries - not inane texts -  and add to the mix one or two opinionated pundits.
  • Options
    You never know dropping the show may improve our away support as people may actually go to games :-)
  • Options
    At least the Guardian picked a good pic for their article on the shame.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/dec/29/bbc-football-league-show-faces-axe?CMP=twt_fd
  • Options
    You never know dropping the show may improve our away support as people may actually go to games :-)
    Are you Ooooh Aaaah in disguise? Are you Ooooh aaaah, are you ooooh aaaah, are you oooh aaaah in disguise?! ;)
  • Options
    With a little inspiration and imagination, this show could be far more entertaining than match of the day which is always restricted by the limited number of games it can cover. My big tip would be to forget where you have put your best cameras and give the best games most air time, Dont bother with commentators going to games, use them in the studio on the best highlights. Try to get some real fan input on issues and rivalries - not inane texts -  and add to the mix one or two opinionated pundits.
    Did they not try to do that on Extra Time?  The problem is always going to be that content about clubs below the league your team is in and outside the region your team plays in, holds little interest for viewers.  And most fans are idiots (or would at least appear so with a camera pointed at them), with even less knowledge and perspective than the pundits that most folk love to hate.  Stick a camera on Dave from Doncaster and ask him to explain his feelings about a rival club he'll probably a) mumble a lot of nonsense and b) swear.  Alternatively he'll be a bit of a geek - cue widespread derision.  I wonder if there might be an opportunity to do something a bit different though: the brilliant experts on the World Football Phone In or Football Weekly rarely get any telly time - could they do a job?  Or, maybe local supporter-journalists like our own Kevin Nolan could give an interesting - and different - insight.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

All thats needed is a simple show, a bit like Goals on Sunday but shorter............no bias, no "bigging-up" teams, just show the goals &any  talking points from the games.

As the Championship is already catered for on the above programme then it could be limited to just Leagues 1 & 2.

• Options
    What will we do without Steve Clarridge and his pearls of wisdom. Worst pundit I've ever seen
  • Options
    very good on the Monday night club on 5 live, with Motty and Ian McGarry
  • Options
    According to the paper this morning they are NOT ditching the show next season .
    Never mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

According to the Telegraph

BBC keen to renew Football League highlights deal despite anger over lack of coverage in holiday period

The Football League is confident it can strike a new deal with the BBC to
    televise match highlights on Saturday nights.

• Options
    What will we do without Steve Clarridge and his pearls of wisdom. Worst pundit I've ever seen
    I can only think that Claridge and the other pundits that they use are purely to make Shearer, Lawrenson et al. look good
  • Options

According to the Telegraph

BBC keen to renew Football League highlights deal despite anger over lack of coverage in holiday period

The Football League is confident it can strike a new deal with the BBC to televise match highlights on Saturday nights.

This is interesting because I was sure I heard that the BBC were dropping it. I'm guessing there is some negotiating going on here!
  • Options
    very good on the Monday night club on 5 live, with Motty and Ian McGarry

Drives me mad and ruins the Monday Night Club with his constant interuptions and banging on and on about "...being set-up properly"!!
  • Options
    Although Claridge did predict us to win League 1 on MNC a couple of weeks back...
  • Options
    How can they call our game 'the match of the day' and then just show about 3 secs of it!

And why is Claridge wearing lipstick?
  • Options
    How can they call our game 'the match of the day' and then just show about 3 secs of it!

Why indeed, Peakie.

But we didn't expect anything else, did we ?

• Options
    Monday night sees the regional version so just watch that instead
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    >

And why is Claridge wearing lipstick?
    To suggest he is not the type of man you think he is .....?
  • Options
    Geezer needs to shave his head. That was a joke 1st vs 3rd, disallowed goal, goal line clearances, penalty appeals and they only show 15 seconds.