Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Show

Comments

• Options
    If they didn't waste 10 minutes about the new PNE manager we might've seen some proper highlights
  • Options
    edited January 2012

And why is Claridge wearing lipstick?
    He obviously thought the show had been cancelled like we all did and the BBC must have called him in at the last minute. He remembered to change his shoes, clothes and hair but forgot about his make-up.
    Come on, we've all done it..........

• Options
    Why start the regional one now? Just have that as the main highlights on a Saturday with extended highlights and interviews and scrap the farce that's on now totally.
  • Options
    Agree mate but now its back I don't need to watch that shite , you get much more coverage, good interviews and extended highlights

I am glad its back
  • Options
    If they didn't waste 10 minutes about the new PNE manager we might've seen some proper highlights
    Exactly, "the big news of the week in Div 1" FFS whats that all about ?
  • Options
    Exactly, "the big news of the week in Div 1" FFS whats that all about ?
    F*** knows. From the interviews with the locals, it didn't even look like it was 'The Big News Of The Week' in sodding Preston.

• Options
    The coverage of our game so called "match of the day" was absolutely pathetic.

• Options
    52 seconds of coverage and 36 seconds of "punditry".

Joke.
  • Options
    Pathetic coverage. Looking forward to watching the game on Player when its on there. Tried to watch SCP's interviews but although I'm still signed in from yesterday, when I try to play it is says 'Please click here to purchase a subscription in order to view this content'. What's all that about?
  • Options
    They showed more highlights of Colchester V Scunthorpe!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Normally I find we go over the top about the coverage we get but for the match they proclaimed as Match of The Week on BBC Radio as well as this program it was disgraceful. The coverage they gave to Preston was as irrelevant to the majority of viewers as would an article on charltons manager be, what people watch the program for is the football.
  • Options
    Was a bit late so thought I'd watch it on Iplayer this morning but can't find it. No great loss and hope somebody else get the rights who are a bit more respectful to what they have got.
  • Options
    Plus if it was Match of the day why show Stevenage before? as well as wasting 10mins on Preston's new manager.
  • Options
    To be honest, I found the Graham Westley piece interesting because it struck me that I was utterly underwhelmed by how he came across. I honestly sat wondering how this guy was going to inspire a completely new group of players, because he displayed zero charisma.
    Of course, a couple of interviews on the week you get a new job can't tell you the whole story - it certainly doesn't show how tactically astute he is - but he's come from a very different club and a very different fan base and my gut feeling, for what it's worth, says he'll fail.
  • Options
    game of the week
  • Options
    pretty sure we were the game of the week last week too and it showed about 20 seconds
  • Options
    Clarridge is the worst pundit i've ever seen. What was he doing with his hands and looking straight at the table. You can see it grates him to talk about us in good light!
  • Options
    love the fact fans of both utd and wednesday ring in complaning about our tactics :-)
  • Options
    How dare they mention the fact Wednesday and United fans have complained about the way we go about things! I am absolutely fuming, I hate this programme, I really do!Wednesday are the most negative team in the bloody league!

Stuff them and their views!
  • Options
    Another cosy 30 seconds for the 'game of the day', whilst devoting five minutes to Udders. Still, I guess they are on a 753 game unbeaten run, stretching back to 1932
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see that they managed to show 3 clips of Utd attacking and one of us. Why am I surprised?

And what the hell was all that crap about afterwards - the way we "do things". The way we do what - win games?
  • Options
    Disgrace
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The day i start enjoying my football through a middle class Leicester fan and a millwall twonk . is the day i stop following football.

Sod em. Top of the league and we'll still be a mighty club when these chumps are well out of work.
  • Options
    Well, we are lucky to have won all those games after all. It is bad form to make other teams play at our pace. When our blip happens, we'll deserve it...

Seriously, that segment was one of the strangest bits of post match tv I've ever seen - they were so pointedly vague I couldn't tell if they were calling us cheats or if they just couldn't accept the fact that we're there on merit?

Twats
  • Options
    Absolute joke of a programme. When they said "there's something else we must mention about Charlton" (other than Johnnie Jackson's free kicks), I thought they might go on to mention our defence which is 2nd best in the country, but all they did was try to imply that we cheat and time waste. Just plain out of order.

Also, even from an unbiased point of view, their "analysis" is shocking. They don't actually analyse anything like MOTD do, they just restate what has happened. Didn't offer any opinion on the sendings off, show any of our other chances, and the commentator on our game even said that the "goal" Hamer "dropped in" his net from the corner was "inexplicably" disallowed. He was quite clearly pushed!

A shocking piece of TV, but can't say I'm surprised. Still doesn't take the gloss off a brilliant win.
  • Options
    Right.. just got in...We must have at least a minute....
  • Options
    They did'nt show the hand ball SHOCK
  • Options
    seemed fair to me. we won.
    move on.
  • Options
    People seem to think the FLS has some kind of agenda against us. It doesn't, it's just basically shit and every club hates it.

It'd probably be better without the punditry, but I guess it needs something to break up all the games it has to get through.
  • Options
    It does.

We are top of the league, and one of the best teams in the country in how we are doing this term and they blank us.
    Claridge needs a good kick in the head.