Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Show

Comments

• Options
    Seeing as we had just as good chances it was a bit ridiculous, but it's hard to be too disapointed with the show when your expectations are so low to begin with. To be honest I think they see us as a bit boring now as we look to be walking this league, so if they are going to ignore us for this reason, no worries, we know where we stand.
  • Options
    I can't believe that they didn't compare both of JJ freekicks., if those goals were scored by Jordan Rhodes, they would e showing them from every angle. As for listening to sore losing fans, WTF.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    That would be the obvious and interesting thing to do though wouldn't it? Do you think the FLS is supposed to be interesting? Patronising yes, interesting no - it has the material to outshine MOTD and that wouldn't do so put it on extra late and make it rubbish - fans will still watch it anyway!
  • Options
    I didn't think it was too bad but it is odd that they give air time to fans of teams we've beaten. Not surprising that they're not happy.
    Just watch Goals Express. Simples.
  • Options
    Couldn't give a toss how we win it's one aim and that is to get out of this shit league and if that means defend our lead and slow the game down then so be it .And as for that programme who cares
  • Options
    I'm sure Manish started the Div 1 section by mentioning "Leroy Lita's Charlton"
  • Options
    Wasn't so bad, they just said were streetwise.
    And they admired the freekick.
  • Options
    Don't see a problem, most on here are determined to have a moan regardless aboutthe programme

1) Hudds, was shown more because they were live on sky, so more footage available , it's the same for every game sky show on a saturday night.

2) Claridge gave praise to Jackson and the technique

3) Claridge confirmed it's a sign of a good team that when they aint playing their best, they stop the opponents from playing. To me that's pretty positive.

It was no surprise yesterday that Hamer was booked he started timewasting from the moment we went 1-0 up. It's how most successful teams operate. I didn't have a problem with the coverage at all.Have also got to say Beattie was unlucky to go as all he done really was drag Yann away which Yann was doing to Lowton.
  • Options
    How come Manish said "We've heard from both Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United fans in the past few... [looks down at his notes] days" when we just played United that afternoon? Seemed to me a prepared negative agenda.
  • Options
    Agree with NSS, Claridge was actually praising us the way we go about with things.

Seriously, some of you on here need to stop moaning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NSS
    I agree that there is no point getting too worked up, however your first point is simply not right. There is full footage of every game, how else do you think Player brings its service to us? If they had wanted to really do justice to the 'game of the day" or arguably the game of the season, they could have done. With a gate higher than most of the Championship they could not argue that there would not be viewer interest.
    I agree with Seth's last point too.
    Let's see how the Monday night London programme treats it.
  • Options
    prague unfortunately for us none of our live games have been on a saturday if they had we would have had the lions share. In all honesty there was very little action to show of yesterdays game if it had been a 3-2 or 4-3 I think more time would have been given.I really aint got a problem with it.
  • Options
    Perhaps hudds coverage was longer because there was more goals.
    Sheffield fans were always going to moan when they lost- perhaps the show wanted to turn it into a positive, which they did, by saying it's the sign of a good team stopping your opponents playing.
    As Rastamouse would say "make a bad thing good!"
  • Options
    FLS is a goals roundup. That's all it is.
    Funny to watch Claridge forcing the words out.
  • Options
    I thought the comments were okay, showing just Blades chances and not ours was a bit poor. Thought Danny Wilson's interview was interesting, having seen the comments about the referee on here. He had an axe to grind, and thought CP might have felt the same, but if both teams were entitled to feel hard done by, surely they cancel each other out?

Huddersfield's first "goal" was outrageous.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Much prefer the Goals Express format on SSN. At least the presenter usually has interesting things to say about the teams and goalscorers etc and has done his research. Add in the other key incidents for each game, plus the league tables at the end to round off and you've got a good one hour programme without all the poo, pointless punditry.

Oh, and I enjoy their goal of the day feature too.
  • Options
    When is Goals Express usually on then.
  • Options
    Goals express, never heard of it.
  • Options
    7pm sky sports news
  • Options
    cheers nss will ensure I record it now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joe loves it means he dont have to stay up till Midnight
  • Options
    is that 7pm today, or was it last night and i have missed it?
  • Options
    It doesn't really matter what they say about us , we know its going to be pretty negative most of the time , all i watch it for is our goal(s) out of interest when was the last game Bradley or Yann scored, Yeovil away?
  • Options
    Watched it this morning, at the start they made out there'd be some additional highlights but they just showed the goal and a few Sheff Utd chances. Claridge then sat there and basically called us cheats. No Rosenior on the show for ages, at lest he seems to give a balanced view. And all this and still the continued absence of the lovely Lizzie reading out the e-mails.
  • Options
    Just watched the show on iplayer after reading this thread and I have to admit I think a few of you exaggerated how bad it was. Manish gave Claridge ammunition to criticise Charlton and I am no Claridge fan, but I felt he was complimentary. He praised our ability to win matches and Jacksons quality. At the end of the day though all irrelevant; we win matches, we win the big important matches and we're top of the league, thats enough for me
  • Options
    @ large saturday nights mate
  • Options
    Do you know, I just don't care what's said or even not said about us.

3 points for the win, 7 points ahead with a game in hand. One Aim.
    That's all that matters.
  • Options
    I cant wait till we are back in the Prem 13/14 season and back on good old MOTD ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The coverage was crap, and for me it does matter. I can be pleased that we're top and annoyed at the BBC at the same time.

For the club to move forward we have to attract more fans, and shows like this should be an advert for our product, so why should clubs that are clearly producing an inferior product get more airtime and positive analysis than we get?

We'll never know, but I'm sure that if Sheffield had won yesterday the game would have had a lot more airtime.

• Options
    Football league who gives a f*ck we top the league and going up