Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Show

Comments

• Options
    Missed this last night and read the thread, ave been livid all day and wanted to post on the BBc website etc about how rubbish the show is and our treatment on it, decided to watch it on i-player just now and didnt think it was that bad, streetwise, quality technique, stopping other teams playing didnt see any of these as negatives from claridge or the other fellah, even Danny Wilson wasnt that bad....its Saved me writing a complaint anyway, should get longer coverage on that lat kick off thing tomorrow, the wierd one that covers Gillingham and Wycombe but not Stevenage...
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    i just watched it again and didn't think there was much wrong with what they said. i really can't stand claridge at the best of times but i can't knock him for last night,thought he was on the money.

rubbish programme still.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3- exactly what I said, people need to stop being so precious, if a year ago we were being described as a streetwise able to win any way team, who'd have complained at that?
  • Options
    Sky coverage (link on match thread) much more balanced - actually shows we had some chances other than the goal - BBC didn't bother to show that. I was quite annoyed by the discussion afterwards - not just what they said, more the way they said it - definite implication to me that they were suggesting we played dirty/ cheated.
  • Options
    nah, there was high praise of the freekick,they said we were streetwise and we showed a little bit of nous. the commentator wasn't all that though

our coverage 39:30 - 42:40 http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01bf7cb/The_Football_League_Show_2011_2012_21_01_2012/
  • Options
    Haven't seen any footage of the handball yet. Would love to see that again as it looked like a stonewall penatlty!
  • Options
    My complaint with the show wasn't with Claridges comments but the lack of time given to a first v second game and the laziness of analysing the free kick. As JJ had scored a free kick to win the game, surely it it good reporting to show them both and give a bit of context etc...
  • Options
    The sooner we get back to the Premier League the sooner we can enjoy sycophantic, misty eyed and very full coverage on Match of the Day.

Oh, hang on...
  • Options
    Must admit I'm not normally very keen on Claridge's comments but my wife watched as well and she thought that he was praising us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't impressed by them talking about our dirty, dirty, dirty, cheating, filthy tactics rather than our unbeaten home record, defeat of unbeat(able)en Hudds and being the first team to win at Hillborough this year, but that's to be expected. More importantly though, is it just me or was football INSANE on Saturday? Ridiculous penalties given, a blatant volleyball dive ignored in the box, horrific misses, mad sendings off, keepers missing the ball and Paolo going absolutely mental. It's like the world hit meltdown
  • Options
    northstandsteve January 22
    @ large saturday nights mate

But you can't sky series link it so need to set up each week.
  • Options
    We know it's rubbish

BUT

It's The Football League Show NOT The FA Cup Show for ***** sake.

Utter tripe
  • Options
    Just watched the local Late Kick Off programme on the Beeb and we were virtually ignored on that as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    you must have been watching a different version to me - the London edition showed about as much action as they could, seeing as we hardly had an effort on goal all game. They showed a JJ cross which no-one got on the end of, the goal and then Kermy;s header that just went wide........then showed a couple of their chances as well.

What more do you want - 5 mins of non-action ????
  • Options
    Would have been nice if they had talked about us a bit. Aren't we dominating League 1 or have i missed something?
  • Options
    bhasin won an award for best asian in broadcasting according to OS...haha
  • Options
    NETBUSTERS on sky was good could see Kets, Plaayer SE7 and me well clear
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I thought that given that quite a few championship games were called off due to the FA cup, it was an ideal opportunity for the FL show to concentrate more on L1 & L2.

So what did the Beeb do? They cut the programme to 35mins.....................................Utter f**king disgrace.
  • Options
    To be fair, it is a bit boring talking about a team that is running away with it. The fight for the second is far more interesting for the neutral - I can understand that. Do think there was an opportunity to keep the programme length the same but go into more detail - I mean MOTD manages it with less games than there were on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not saying it should be all about us. We (after all) aren't as massive as some clubs in this division. Just think that the 2 bottom divisions get a pretty raw deal. And as you said Muttley, even if there's only 3 games played in the prem, MOTD will simply stretch it out rather than shorten the programme.

By all accounts from those that attended saturdays game, 30 secs hi-lights was probably more than enough.........................
  • Options
    Would have been nice if they had talked about us a bit. Aren't we dominating League 1 or have i missed something?
    If we ever have a wobble i'm sure we will get talked about then.
  • Options
    I love CL sometimes there's always someone moaning.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    If we have a wobble we will be much more interesting so probably better to be ignored! Good job your post can't be construed as somebody moaning about people moaning CafcCrazy.
  • Options
    Just saw a stomping Josh Wright goal.
  • Options
    its now showed it three times
  • Options
    Was a quality goal
  • Options
    I take it that the FLS isn't live anymore now they don't take emails or texts? Seems as though the show is slowly being wound down.
  • Options
    10 seconds... POW, at least we have Hayes goals to wait for
  • Options
    amazing goal from Morro