Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bury Post-Match Views

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Not saying Green wasnt poor last night but he could easily have had an assist or two last night. Noticed at one point in the 2nd half he whipped in a great ball from the right yet no1 had bothered to charge into the box (funny how last week this won us a game). Powelly was proper praising Green for the ball as well.

At the end of the day, if one of our strikers had bothered to charge through, we would have 2 more points, Green would have had an assist, and everyone on the ratings thread would be giving him an extra 2 marks or so.

Think we are really missing BWP's goals alot at the moment. Over the last month, a result like this has looked liked coming.
    With Stephens back hopefully BWP will get more chances, because there is little link up play with Yann Kermit.

I get the feeling that Haynes could work quite well with either of them up top though.
    I was listening to,the commentary and Jason Euell made the point that when a cross is whipped into the box a striker has to gamble and be there to meet it, neither of our strikers did that.
  • Options
    True and that has been a problem for a while. Don't think Green put in more than 2 decent crosses though, think Wiggins and Solly put in just as many
  • Options
    Managed to twist my knee and put my hernia out again celebrating the goal :(
  • Options
    Bloody hell -- How old are you Nathan?
  • Options
    Bloody hell -- How old are you Nathan?
    21. Had my hernia done about 3 years ago, but it seems as if that hasnt sorted it
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16695875

1:34. That is a blatant handball. He makes a diving save ffs!
  • Options
    I didn't notice Haynes getting in the keepers face after the goal flew in. Haha.
  • Options
    Sat v Rochdael drop Green and put Waggy in. Drop Clarke and put Haynes in.
    Finally someone agrees with me

• Options
    Think we were better than people are saying, was pretty disappointed with the crowd but thought the team were ok, just lacked a bit up front, definitely need bwp in the team - even when he's not scoring the other team puts 2 defenders on him, opens up so much space
  • Options
    I think the defensive model has stuckk a bit because it has been working - and no doubt it will continue to work - but it should be abandoned for certain ngames.
    As the season wears on and players get tired and little niggling injuries become an issue, it might well be the time to settle on an 'all-in' method of playing. That is to play the same way both home and away.

Yes, I definitely think we should play the "all-in" method.

You couldn't make it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sat v Rochdael drop Green and put Waggy in. Drop Clarke and put Haynes in.
    Finally someone agrees with me

I Agree