Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Chesterfield Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

Rumours of CAFC directors heading for a chinese resturant in Chesterfield with certain lifers in hot pursuit. More news as we get it.

Oh gawd, Soundas will tell them we should have held on to Parker till the end of the season, while Addickted will bore them till their heads fall into their sweet and sour soup with tales of Simon Jordan and the Selhurst park fire certificate :-)

• Options
    I set a few mental milestones for us- first was 71 points - Bournemouth's total last season which got them in the play offs- beat that on Saturday. Next is 79 - lowest automatic total from Parky's Colchester - a win and a draw away from that. Then 85- what I believe will be enough to secure automatic this season, then 92, what I believe will secure the title and of course 100 which would be the icing on the cake.

Was nice to pass that first milestone so early and nice now to be in the milestone zone. The rewards of the season are close! Happy days!
  • Options

Rumours of CAFC directors heading for a chinese resturant in Chesterfield with certain lifers in hot pursuit. More news as we get it.

Oh gawd, Soundas will tell them we should have held on to Parker till the end of the season, while Addickted will bore them till their heads fall into their sweet and sour soup with tales of Simon Jordan and the Selhurst park fire certificate :-)

Have you been tapping my phone again?
  • Options
    I hope you're wrong Muttley with your 85 points. My next live game is Orient, and the rate we're going we will be promoted before then if you are right :-)
  • Options
    Even if we only need 85 points we won't necessarily be promoted the minute we get them -it will be when other teams can't mathematically get them.
  • Options
    Quality
  • Options
    Bugger me, this is like 1966 all over agin.
  • Options
    Three points away from home is always an achievement no matter the opposition's league position.

ONE AIM!!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    CAFC official twitter saying Bradders is off after the match ball.. Too right an all

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    CAFC official twitter saying Bradders is off after the match ... Too right an all

You mean off after the matchball, not off to join some Russian club!

paul hayes‏@hayesy9Reply
    Absolutely buzzing that Brads has found his form again, was it 2 or 3? Gutted I wasn't there, but what a great result. #ChampionsComeMay

Paul hayes enjoyed the win which is good to see

• Options
    Bugger me, this is like 1966 all over agin.
    I frigging hope not. That was my second season watching Charlton (two shillings/10 p admission , I seem to remember...)

We finished fourth from bottom and had to win our final two games v Northampton and Birmingham to avoid relegation!
  • Options
    Can we stop talking about whether or not it was a hat-trick?

Absolutely brilliant to see us stuff someone again (although of course Stevenage was practically a rout).

We WILL win the league.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Can we stop talking about whether or not it was a hat-trick?
    Tell the club and our star striker that. The OS has just tweeted that BWP is claiming the hat-trick and is demanding the match ball!
  • Options
    just seen the goals lovely finish by BWP for the goal that was definitely his!
  • Options
    Just saw the highlights on Sky. Ignoring the hattrick controversy BWP's second goal was a very impressive finish and Jackson's was brilliant. The commentary made it sound like Solly squared it to him to fire into an open goal but he still had a lot to do. Most impressive moment though was their keeper's save off Yann's header. How the hell did he get to that??
  • Options
    May as well be 16 points clear with the goal difference
    not really cos if you're going down that route then Huddersfield are potentially a mere 13 points behind and if they made up the gap then they'd probably have a better gd.
    Worrying times.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    We are going to be a championship side next year .... Absilutetly marvelous .. I reckon we will strengthen again and be a real threat ... I think these last years have allowed as a club to get back to core basics ... And after 7 yrs of decline we are FINALLY on the up ...
  • Options
    I believe 2 more wins and we are mathematically guaranteed a play off place??
  • Options
    Nice to see Green get another goal [ ;-) ], unfairly maligned I think, people expect wingers to be blatant match winners every game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Felt so good getting that result sitting in a pub.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    CAFC official twitter saying Bradders is off after the match ... Too right an all

You mean off after the matchball, not off to join some Russian club!

paul hayes‏@hayesy9Reply
    Absolutely buzzing that Brads has found his form again, was it 2 or 3? Gutted I wasn't there, but what a great result. #ChampionsComeMay

Paul hayes enjoyed the win which is good to see

Brilliant quote from Hayes. He's only out on loan, of course, and it's great to see that he still regards himself primarily as a Charlton loyalist.

This goes to the heart of the problem over loanees.

I remember when Murty was on loan at Charlton, and being very pissed off with the weekly blog he was still writing on the Reading website, bigging them up and not even mentioning the club he was supposed to be playing for.

But when the boot is on the other foot, I'm hypocritically happy!

• Options
    Just seen the goals, pleased for BWP even if doesn't get the hat trick.

Great to see Green involved in the goals (and a good cross for Yanns? header), have found him very frustrating. Had a better game on Saturday as well, hopefully he'll keep it up.

As said with GD we're really 16 points clear, we're nearly there, 5 wins and a few draws might even be enough.
  • Options

Went to the game expecting victory and was not disappointed.

CP started with his first choice X1. For those not there and wondering what the performance was like, think early season. Stephens has played his way back to his top form. Great performance.

Charlton were the better of the two teams in the first half and the goal was deserved. In the second half, we battered Chesterfield. It is an irrelevance that BWP second goal was offside and one of the other goals was an own goal, Charlton were all over Chesterfield and could have scored other goals.

The back 5 would not have conceded if the game had been played all night. Solly in particular was quality and Hamer's distribution was superb. Morrison, Taylor and Wiggins all played well.

BWP worked hard and deserved his 2 goals. We've got our Bradley back. Green had some nice passages of play. Rest of the midfield great and good to see JJ celebrate with the fans. Things didn't seem to fall quite right for Kermorgant but he still put in a decent shift. Clarke came on and showed signs of why CP signed him.

Enjoyed the game.

Good vocal support.

We are going up and we are going up as Champions.

Happy days.
  • Options
    I'm glad we've actually got a report from somebody at the game.

I'm also glad that Clarke had an input.
  • Options
    Just got in from the game, good convincing win, looked a team who was going through the motions and as we did Chesterfield coun't handle us for a 15/20 minute spell in the second half ... Good win, roll on Bournmeouth
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    If he does get the hat-trick is that his 1st?
    I hope he does, nothing will increase his confidence like that!
  • Options
    it would be the first of his career yes
  • Options
    it would be the first of his career yes
    He didn't score three times. If we feel the own goal has to be awarded to one of our own, then it's Green's for the cross.
  • Options
    Bummer. I'd love for him to get that.
    Ah well, 3 in 2 games will have to do. For now.