Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Chesterfield Post Match Views

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    How can travelling be "too easy"?

And Taylor was not in any sense weak, just under-appreciated. Need a song for him. He goes about his business efficiently and effectively.
  • Options
    Excellent performance. 4th goal was definitely an OG. However, hope it's given to BWP.
    Solly was truly magnificent. One of the best Charlton performances for many a year.
    Solly chased everything & was up & down that pitch all night.
    The first goal, Chesterfield were breaking and could have scored. Solly, chased back won the ball, did a 180 & then set up Green to shoot for the goal.
    He also set up JJ'S with an excellent dribble.
  • Options
    I still feel Danny Green has upped his work rate, skill and all round game; they liked him on the commentary last night....how many assists now?
  • Options
    Mid week games kick of at 3.45am for me... So i rarely listen live

Woke up in the dark at 8am... Only took a few seconds before the phone was in my hand, bbc app activated and 0-4 scoreline was giving me a great start to the day

Get-in

My cautious optimism about how this is gonna end up is losing its caution

We are going up
    Say
    We are going up!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Don't ask
  • Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    Ok ok!

We are going up!

Happy now?
  • Options
    Great result. Listened to it on the radio. I wish you away Charlton supporters would be less noisy because you drowned out some of the commentary.

Good for you.

I have been supporting the addicks since 1957 and this has got to be the best season ever. Lets show the rest of football what this little old Charlton can do.

COYR
  • Options
    Siv.

What time do midweek games kick off for you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Got back to the office about 1.30ish having stayed up in Chesterfield with Addickted and a couple of pals.
    Thoroughly good trip and thankfully we didn't have that problem on the M1.....it was cleared by the time we set off this morning.
    Found a superb pub called The Chesterfield Arms.....never seen so many real ales in a pub......not that I'm a beer drinker but it certainly went down a treat with the others.
    Found the locals to be perfectly charming and had good friendly banter with a few of them.
    Most of the pubs right in the town centre close at 6.00 pm!!!
    Saw Mervyn Day in the directors box.
    Good solid professional all round performance......I'd give everyone 8 out of 10.
  • Options
    anyone found the goals online yet?
  • Options
    anyone found the goals online yet?
    Ive noticed they usually take 48 hours before they are available
  • Options
    Highlights are now on Player

How good was that third goal? Solly and Green linking up well and Jacko scored with his RIGHT foot
  • Options
    AV' IT LARGE
  • Options
    Highlights are amazing!!

So chuffed we look soooo good... the football is magic...
  • Options
    That sheffield rag makes it sound like a nicked 1-0!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.greenwich.co.uk/sport/07294-kevin-nolan-match-report-chesterfield-v-charlton-athletic-28022012/
    Kevin Nolans reports are always good.

He only got one thing wrong BWP did get a hat trick.

• Options
    kermorgants header was awesome, top save from it!
  • Options
    see the SheffTel made Green motm - I think we often have alower opinion of our wingers than the opposition do - certainly used to be the case with Sam.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Loved when Hamer did what I've been waiting to see for ages.... directed his goal kick to the left while everyone bar 1 was on the right side of the field.
    There was an excellent clearance from Hamer when it initially looked like he's shanked it out to the left and all the Chesterfield jeered, only to see it kept in near the halfway line and an excelleent run into attack was made. As said before by SCP, Hamer's distribution is good. He had a solid game and roasted the backs a few times when they placed him under undue pressure.

Great all round performance. Who cares who scores if we get four. It was great to see four again, after being at Halifax and Hartlepool.

Noise from the travelling was great all game just like at Tranmere. Some of the foul language is not necessary though. I'm all up for the Solly is quality song, but the 'i wanna go home' is poor taste when you're stood in a brand new stadium in a tin pot town, a bit billy big b******s to me. Chesterfield fans we're very welcoming before and after, so credit to them. In a bizarre note, a random Chesterfield fan spoke to us in the car park before the game and said 'can you tell the player's to keep it down to '4', for our fans sakes.'

Solly was outstanding as usual and probably Player of the Season is nailed on for him. He never gives up and tackles with ease and always looks cool.

The player's looked very happy coming over to the fans at the end. SCP is an awesome man(ager).
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    anyone found the goals online yet? ta - oh soz just seen the bbc link, is there a sky one, recall them being higher res..
  • Options
    anyone found the goals online yet? ta - oh soz just seen the bbc link, is there a sky one, recall them being higher res..
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17210761#asset
  • Options
    Great performance from the lads, one word to some my thoughts up from the game would be... Solly the lad is class.