Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny N'Guessan on loan?

Comments

• Options
    He seems to be described more as a winger than a striker. Anyone know what his assist performance has been rather than his scoring record?

If he is being signed as wide cover then I'm all for it. If its as a striker then i agree there seems little point for the final push as we need goalscorer cover/competition until Haynes is fit at least.
  • Options
    People will be expecting a prem quality loan.

And then get disappointed ..... because in the immortal words of OohAah, he'll be pony.
  • Options
    Why is he not getting into a pretty poor Millwall squad though?
  • Options
    Might not be so bad - Powell's last two ex Leicester signings (who had lost their way elsewhere) were Morrison and Kermorgant after all.

Jackson has looked like he needs a rest, cover on the left is a must
  • Options
    no thanks
  • Options
    it's up on the website now
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏ @CAFCofficial Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Charlton have recruited striker Dany N'Guessan on loan from Millwall for the rest of the season (GH) #cafc
  • Options
    Might not be so bad - Powell's last two ex Leicester signings (who had lost their way elsewhere) were Morrison and Kermorgant after all.
    Spot-on. Got to be worth a punt for that reason alone

For Tuesday, he'll be on the bench at least I guess, but is it worth having one of the kids on the bench too? Sho-Silva or Azeez perhaps?
  • Options
    Richard Cawley such a liar aint he, worst journalist ever!!!!!
  • Options
    Richard Cawley such a liar aint he, worst journalist ever!!!!!
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's bigger than Solly

• Options
    I see this as cover for Danny Haynes .Hopefully some pace off the bench .
  • Options
    Is he a left footer?

As a player familiar to Chris Powell at Leicester, Powell must have some idea what he's getting.

So it ticks the box.
  • Options
    gives us an option even more to play 4-3-3.

• Options
    I think he is right footed .
  • Options
    Why is he not getting into a pretty poor Millwall squad though?
    Last played March 3rd when they lost at home to Reading.

• Options
    I'm N'guessan he can't be great if he can't get in their team. But who knows he might do it for us.
  • Options
    I'm N'guessan he can't be great if he can't get in their team. But who knows he might do it for us.
    Would you be enthusiastic turning out for the BNP every saturday? ;-)
  • Options
    may i be the first one to get in just how lazy he looked against yeovil.... ;-)
  • Options
    Millwall player - think that means we have to decide he can't be any good.

Sounds like he's quick and powerful though, so he'll either be written off as Nouble/Akpo after a poor 15 minutes off the bench, or it'll be decided that he's too good for this league after one sprint past a tired full back .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really do object to this..... he has been given number 39, same as Ephraim - my stats can't deal with that. two players with the same number - it's disgraceful ;-)
  • Options
    Call him 39a
  • Options
    He's been announced as a forward. His goal scoring record is poor. I'm about as excited by this signing as I was by Kermorgant.

Yann proved me wrong. Hopefully Dany will as well. Not holding my breath though.
  • Options
    To be fair John Robinson was often referred to as forward, but was clearly a wide player.
  • Options
    Ian Liddle of the Standard's take on it.

Charlton Athletic manager Chris Powell has moved quickly to bridge the gap in his forward line by signing Dany N’Guessan on loan from Millwall until the end of the season.

The versatile attacker, who can play as a central striker, a wide forward or in an advanced midfield position, signed on at The Valley this morning. His arrival follows the departure of Leon Clarke, who signed for Crawley Town on loan on Friday.

N’Guessan, who will wear squad number 39, will go straight into the Addicks’ squad for the visit of Yeovil Town tomorrow evening.

The 24-year-old is a previous team-mate of Powell during his time at Leicester City and spent time at Southampton during their promotion-winning campaign in League One last season.

Having initially joined Millwall on loan at the start of August, he completed a permanent switch at the end of the month and has made 19 appearances for the first team since then.

He has played just four matches in 2012, including scoring in the Lions’ 3-2 victory at Southampton in the FA Cup, but has been deemed surplus to requirements by manager Kenny Jackett.

It had been largely expected that Powell would enter the loan market for a forward this week following Danny Haynes’ frustrating recurring hamstring complaint and the surprising decision to allow Clarke, who was swapped for Paul Benson in January, to leave.

The Charlton boss also has the option of recalling Paul Hayes later this week after 28 days of his loan at Wycombe Wanderers.

Hayes, a popular figure with supporters in SE7, has scored four goals in five appearances since moving on loan to Adams Park during which time the strugglers have taken 10 points from a possible 15.

Given his surplus of central midfield players, combined with Yann Kermorgant’s aerial prowess, Powell also has the tools at his disposal to switch to a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 variation in the coming weeks should he feel the need.

• Options
    didn't win any headers and not a single decent cross.

nice hat-trick though.
  • Options
    Give the guy a chance ffs because he can't get into the millwall side doesn't mean he's no good time will tell
  • Options
    Fits in with the 'young and something to prove' wont pass judgement till I see him at least 3 times
  • Options
    On a slightly different note this signing, along with the two Reading strikers tearing up League one at the moment gives the impression that the step up next season is going to be much more significant than I had allowed myself to believe
  • Options
    Easy signing. Powell just shouted over the fence at Sparrow's Lane & he couldn't get here quick enough.
    Powell knows him, which is better than signing someone who you've hardly seen & don't know.
    Powell got it right with Morrison & Kermy, so I'm hopeful.
    Covered End Junior says he's decent & he's usually right.