Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny N'Guessan on loan?

Comments

• Options
    He was a bit poor for us last season, seemed to lose the ball most of the time and kept running into trouble, but saying that he didn't exactly have a run of games. Leicester fans said he was very much a confidence player who responds well when the fans are cheering him on.

Come to think of it the best thing he done for us was his goal at the Valley last season which was wrongly ruled out for offside.
  • Options
    If BWP was on the end of every flick on and putting it away it might be more acceptable but it does not happen, Kermy wins the header and it it normally falls into open space and we lose possession.
    If Kermo is asked to win the headers and flick it on it's not really his fault if he does exactly that and it breaks down because BWP is on a different wavelength.

I agree it doesn't work very well but I don't think you can blame Kermo for it.

Not blaming him Rizz, as I said earlier in the thread, I love him to bits and if it worked I could live with it but it dont work!
  • Options
    He is on loan at the fag end of the season, not cemented in, maye he will maybe he won't but encourage him it might be good. We don't have to get his name tattooed on our arses, just get out of this league!
  • Options
    We best get behind him then!!!!
  • Options

Not impressed based on what I've seen so far...

How tall is he?
  • Options
    The most important thing is his height.
  • Options
    Wikipedia says 6ft 1.
  • Options
    He is on loan at the fag end of the season, not cemented in, maye he will maybe he won't but encourage him it might be good. We don't have to get his name tattooed on our arses, just get out of this league!
    Oh damn.
  • Options
    Won't be moaning if he scores the goal that sends us up.
  • Options
    You'd have to have a big **** to have his name on it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was with Powelly at Leicester so Powelly knows him well so maybe here we should trust his judgement.
  • Options
    Not going to bother looking at his stats or listen to other fans. I did that with Morrison and Kermorgant. They both turned out good.
  • Options
    Well CP has certainly set us a challenge to come up with a song for his latest signing, hasn't he?

• Options
    Just spoke to my pal, he's a Millwall season ticket holder. Said that N'Guessan is fast & strong and would have liked to have seen more of him in the shirt. Being kept out the team by Keogh & Kane at the moment. Most importantly he thinks that he'll do well for us.
    same as my millwall pal said last night but added that he couldnt understand why they had let him go out on loan.

• Options
    Dany N'Guessan fits into the johnnie jackson song better, and he's more likely to actually run down the wing too
  • Options
    Dany N'Guessan fits into the johnnie jackson song better, and he's more likely to actually run down the wing too
    True, why do we sing that song for JJ anyway, as pacy wing play is the least of his attributes!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Carefully considered having his name tattooed on my arse alongside that of my ex-wife (Alexandria) but a little premature in my view and too high a risk of spelling mistakes.

I'm guessan he's not as tall he looks..
  • Options
    He's been around, hasn't settled, has a decent goals to games ratio for a midfielder. He's a big man which is what we need in midfield for the season's last few games and I think that Powell will get the best out of him.
  • Options
    He's been around, hasn't settled, has a decent goals to games ratio for a midfielder. He's a big man which is what we need in midfield for the season's last few games and I think that Powell will get the best out of him.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
  • Options
    ^ oi.. don't mock, it's about 1 goal(ish) every six games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
    Can't see what's funny. Very reasonable post by Lincs IMHO.

• Options
    He's taller than Shaun
    He's taller than Shaaauuun....
  • Options

My Mum's taller than Shaun..
  • Options
    Don't know if any of you have seen this, but it seems he his hoping for more than just the nine games under Powelly

N'Guessan honours pledge to Powell

Dany N'Guessan will honour a pledge to former teammate Chris Powell when he pulls on a Charlton shirt for the first time.

The big striker, who is in the squad for Tuesday night's League One clash against Yeovil Town, played with Powell when the duo were at Leicester City.

He was also coached by Powell while with the Foxes, and was delighted to hear his new manager's voice on the phone when a loan deal between Charlton and Millwall was being thrashed out.

"I'm very glad to be here," said Dany, who will wear squad number 39.

"The deal came around very quickly. I didn't know until Sunday night, to be honest. But I was very happy.

"Part of the draw of coming here is because I know the manager from Leicester. I knew him when he used to play, and I played a couple of games with him when we were at Leicester.

"When he turned into a manager, I was very happy for him because he knows the game very well."

N'Guessan added: "At Leicester, he used to take the players who were not playing that much for their training, and then he took the reserve team.

"After that, I knew he would be a good manager because he had been a great player for a long, long time. I knew he would be a manager - I didn't know for who, though.

"When he got the [Charlton] job, I kept in touch with him. To be honest, I wanted to come here, but you never know what is going to happen in football.

"We will see what happens. It's just a case of me concentrating for nine games and seeing what happens. I will try to do my best."

On his pledge to one day play for Powell, N'Guessan said: "When he called me before he left Leicester, I said to him 'one day I will play for you because I want to play for you'.

"I didn't know when it was going to be. And when he called me on Sunday night, I was delighted to hear from him - very happy.

"We had a little bit of a laugh and then talked seriously. I was very happy with what he wanted me to do and why he wanted to bring me in. It's a good opportunity for me as well."

N'Guessan cut a happy figure after his first training session at Sparrows Lane on Monday.

Having linked up with Powell, he had pounded the turf with several other familiar faces such as former Foxes Yann Kermorgant and Michael Morrison as well as Dale Stephens, with whom he played on loan at Southampton.

And after making the short journey across the capital to join on loan from Millwall for the rest of the season, N'Guessan could be plunged straight into action against the Glovers on Tuesday night.

"I've got a house in Bromley, so it's not that far," continued Dany. "It's good. I can go home and see my family, so it's good for any football player.

"When you are a new player, it's very hard to settle in when you are new because you don't know anybody.

"When you know one or two players, they can make you more welcome and it's good for you as well because there is someone to talk to.

"Sometimes when you are new you stay on your own and are a bit shy. I know four players here already, so it's good."

There is little time for N'Guessan to get his feet under the table in SE7 with the matches coming thick and fast in the crucial League One run-in.

Having completed his first training session, the former Auxerre youth product is in contention to debut against Yeovil.

And the frontman, who scored on debut for Millwall after moving to South London this summer, initially on a loan deal, is relishing being thrust straight into the limelight.

"I think it's good to get going straight away," he added. "You need to concentrate and I will be ready for this and am looking forward to the game tomorrow.

"Training on Monday was really good and there is a great atmosphere among the players.

"You can tell it's a good team because the lads are very good. We had a good laugh so I really enjoyed it."

On his time at the New Den, which started with a debut goal against Plymouth Argyle in the League Cup, N'Guessan believes he was unlucky not to feature more.

And his desire for first-team football has seen him make the short move across the capital.

"What do I bring? To be honest, I'm just going to do my best and do what I can do and show what I can do, then hopefully people will see what I bring to the team," he said.

"I can play up front and play left wing or right wing. I will play anywhere. You just want to play football. I just want to play football. I want to be happy.

"That's why I wanted to move [from Millwall]. I wanted just to play football.

"A lot of strikers came in and from my point of view, I think the manager didn't really give me the chance I was looking for.

"I just want to play football and enjoy myself again, and that's what I will try to do here."

As well as versatility, a propensity for debut goals - having netted on his first appearance for three clubs in his playing career - N'Guessan also brings a promotion mentality to The Valley.

He joined Southampton in the second half of last season and played seven times for the Saints as they pushed towards League One promotion - the very same target that remains real for the Addicks 12 months on.

"I think Charlton are a very good team and they just need to be relaxed and play the football they used to play at the start of the season," said Dany, who played against the Addicks for Southampton last term.

"That's what I am going to try and put on the team. We just need to be more relaxed, play the game and enjoy the game.

"The Valley is a very nice stadium and a big stadium as well. I like this stadium and am looking forward to playing there again."

And what chance a debut goal against the in-form Glovers?

"I don't know," he smiled. "I wish it will happen. But I am hoping for a good performance and a win for Charlton."
  • Options
    "just fuck off and die!!!"

classy.
    go away you paki
    jonesy. you forgot to say die at the end.

and anyway i come from Iran you dick...get it right.

• Options

classy.
    go away you paki
    And I think that will be the point where the Admins decide that you don't belong with the grown-ups.

go away!! no one wants you on here "RIZZO"!
  • Options
    Did they let you out of playschool a bit early today?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Aw, I wanted to read about Dany Andguessing.

Back on topic - Reading the article that Sam just posted, one thing struck me ..... the player is really excited about being here.

And playing for CP.
  • Options
    you got it in one, now seriously, go away you loser!
  • Options

classy.
    go away you paki
    jonesy. you forgot to say die at the end.

and anyway i come from Iran you dick...get it right.

iran, pakistan, they're all the same