Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Leyton Orient Post Match Views

edited April 2012 in General Charlton
In here peeps. Back to winning ways.

Comments

• Options
    match stats addicks first-:

possession..........56% - 44%
    shots on............... 3 - 5
    shots off.............. 2 - 2
    corners................. 5 - 4

GOALS................... 2 - 0
  • Options
    That should settle the nerves of the players and the supporters. It's looking more and more likely that we won't be playing that particular local derby next year.
  • Options
    Great first game (well result at least) for my boy pics to follow
  • Options
    Decent win.
    Should settle the nerves of our Depressives for at least the rest of the weekend.

;o)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    that's all we have to do .. just keep on picking up the points .. couldn't be easier !!!!
  • Options
    Great result.

Thanks Red for commentary.
  • Options
    Bloody loanees? I thought they were useless and contributed nothing?

• Options
    Great result.

Thanks Red for commentary.
    No problem mate.........Cheers
  • Options
    Carlisle can't finish above us now ..... unless they can overturn our 41GD!
    (theirs is, erm...... 0)
  • Options
    That's better! Heart-in-mouth during the 1-0 period expecting the worst. High relief. Now a restful week-end smelling the roses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slighty gutted that none of the Sheffield clubs dropped points but it remains our to lose COYR
  • Options
    Fantastic result. Doesn't matter how we play. One aim. Thanks to Powell and all the squad. Another great, winning weekend, feeling. Looking forward to Oldham, gonna order my Carlisle tickets monday. WE ARE GOING UP!
  • Options
    Great result. Win our next game and we are on the same points that Leeds achieved when they finished second.
  • Options
    scrap that just realised they got 86! so a draw will!
  • Options
    One of the most inept refereeing performances I have ever seen. He was pathetic.
  • Options
    2-0 against 12 men. Great win.
  • Options
    Huddersfield v Sheff Weds next Saturday.

And Hudds away to Orient on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Good result. Not a great performance but really not bothered about that at this point of the season.

Great intensity from the players and fans at the beginning. Orient and the ref did well to break that up though.

Shame we didn't increase the gap but let's just focus on what we do.
  • Options
    2-0 Job done. The O's were a poor but physical side who we dealt with competently. Our performance was better than the Refs
  • Options
    Its in our hands now. Cant see us not getting into top 2 - just got to push for that title !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the most inept refereeing performances I have ever seen. He was pathetic.
    Yep, can't wait to (hopefully) leave these joke officials behind next season. Should have been 3 up by 15 mins with Cort's goal and BWP's pen that wasn't.

• Options
    Some of his decisions against kerm were beyond belief.

Let's not make it about him tho, 3 points..well done..Next.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hope the rest of the oppo we have to play are as ineffective as Orient.

Ref was incredible 1st half and I don't mean good.

No real stand out players for me, we just did the job & got the result.

Clean sheet.

Quick thinking from Wiggins for 1st and great cross from Cook for 2nd.
  • Options
    Not usually a ref basher but he was awful.

Thought we looked very good first half, back to early season with Dale on form but Os played 442 which helped us.

Good work by Cook to set up Scott "no end product" Wagstaff for yet another goal.

What was Cort's goal disallowed for? Hands?

2nd half they pressed us and we went long ball. Dany gave us a more physical presence up top and good finish from a peach of a cross.

Highlight of the day? Winning Green's shirt in the draw, having Waggy at 9s for first goal or buying the ackworth book?
  • Options
    Worst case scenario for me now is Sheff Utd overhauling us for top spot. Will they ? Well that's now up to us. If we have the bottle and are good enough they won't. If they do then fair play. Wednesday are 8 behind with a 15 goal difference to turn around. Can't see them as a worry now. COYR
  • Options
    Yes, Cort's goal disallowed for h/ball. Need to see it again cos I thought it came off his head. Only thing was, he didn't complain much.
  • Options
    I'm assuming Yann has upset the ref in the past as apparently jumping whilst a defender has both arms wrapped around you is a foul. He gave a foul against Yann atleast 8-9 times in the first half alone.
  • Options
    Worst case scenario for me now is Sheff Utd overhauling us for top spot. Will they ? Well that's now up to us. If we have the bottle and are good enough they won't. If they do then fair play. Wednesday are 8 behind with a 15 goal difference to turn around. Can't see them as a worry now. COYR
    It would be a shame not to win the league after having led it since last autumn, but for me it's about promotion, anything else is a bonus.

That said the message should be simple, just win the next couple of matches and make any question of being caught up by Sheffield United academic.

• Options
    Cort's goal was disallowed for handball. The commentators on CAFC player said it was pretty blatant & the correct decision.
  • Options
    Written before reading the rest.
    We started really well, despite it seems the ref not deciding much in our favour. However the ref rightly let a quickly taken free kick slide down our left hand side for Waggy to nip in and score a birthday goal from close range.
    Orient were not great and despite the ref we were doing well.
    BUT
    The ref disallowed a possible pen when BWP was pushed, and disallowed a thumping Cort header for handball....'scuse me, but there was no booking, and I didn't see the handball. Need to see again.
    This was a turning point in the match when we dropped off the pace, they got more into the match, and we all got nervous. As the game progressed it was highly ironic that they had five booked.
    Early in the second hald Rahubka made an absolutely stunning double save (earlier I think Hamer made a good save down that end too), and we got all tense and nervous which affected our play.
    However good work down the left, and a cross from a deep position led to a rocketing header from Danny N'G which the keeper must have cacked himself about as it hurtled his way. 2-0 much relief, and we saw the game out well.
    I thought Cort was good, but once again Solly was excellent overall and I would give my MoM to him. Decent crowd....and we won with a clean sheet kicking the wrong way.