Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Leyton Orient Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    couldnt make it due to work, just wanted to ask to the people there how Kermogrant looked today after missing last week through illness did he look 100% or does it look more serious?
    Played very well, got a battering from the oppo and bugger all from the ref. That said, I did think he was flagging towards the end, understandably of course.
  • Options
    And............................................................relax.
  • Options
    We beat a dirty side. They targeted Kermi from from the start and encoraged by some lenient refereeing hacked at any of our other impact players. Good result but the performance, especially in the center of the park was disapointing.
  • Options
    For all the fouls on Kermo it was Waggy who was kicked up in the air and drew at least two booings.

Just like at Hudds the oppo know who they want to kick
  • Options
    For all the fouls on Kermo it was Waggy who was kicked up in the air and drew at least two booings.

Waggy is often accused of spending too much time on the floor and moaning. Well, he would have had every right to today, but to his credit he didn't. Showed good striking instincts for his goal as well.

Green has work to do if he wants to earn his place back methinks

• Options
    Six games to go so plenty of time for players currently out of the team to contribute.
  • Options
    I wonder if it's the beginning of the end for Matt Taylor ? Hasn't done too much wrong this season but a couple of dodgy games and he's out of the team. Was never sure if he would make the jump to The Championship hence my opening comment. Will certainly need another central defender through the summer and I wonder if MT will be the one squeezed out ?
  • Options

Who were they? Upper North as usual?
  • Options
    Just seen the goals again. That was great work by Cook for the second. Trickery, grit and a lovely cross. Happy Addick.
  • Options
    Very important win ... And now we can get a draw or win at old ham and start to run to the finish line ... Gonna be an interesting summer ... Charlton Athletic are finally back on the up...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am getting a bit hacked off with these league one refs letting fouls go on our players - happening too often now.
  • Options
    Kermogant must look like he has been in a road accident after games like that! The ref was not only poor but their 12th man for a lot of the game as he broke up our play for ridiculous things (more than they did in the first half).
    So pleased for Waggy as he has embraced his chances very well (like SCP said he should). Some fantastic runs of play in the first half and I thought Lee Cook did very well for a first game. Second half I thought we let them have a chance and worried until the second goal went in!
    COYRs. I can see the winning tape across the line!
  • Options
    We started the game with the right tempo which got us teh reward but took our foot off the gas. That fast tempo is key at home against the sort of teams we have yet to play at the Valley.
  • Options
    Great to come out of the valley knowing we are nearly at the summit of a big mountain and that if we keep focused then we will get there . Certain things concluded; powells loan signings prove him to be a master of knowing right player for right place (with few exceptions); his policy of keeping players in form on the pitch works; Hamer may be still gaining confidence but he can certainly stop shots; Jackson is still missed when he is not playing; cort may be preferred to taylor; powell needs to bolster in the summer. More importantly it would be great to achieve promotion at home...sheer joy.
  • Options
    The game seemed to be so lonnnnnnnnnng which is always a sign that it wasnt good.

Ref was up there with the worst seen for a very long time. Some of hos whistle blowing was just baffling. People round me thought it was handball by Cort although i didnt see. His re-action seemed to say it was hand ball. Was a defo pen to m when BWP was broght down. How the ref couldnt see what orient was doing to Kermit ---well he just didnt understand football !

I would have taken Cook off ---didnt do much and wouldnt have taken BWP off ---- thanks CP for totally ingnoring my thoughts !! as we wouldnt have scored the second.

Either Solly ,great tackle between three of their players and him winning the ball in the 2nd half. or Waggy for his pure graft would be my MoTM.
  • Options
    Orient played into our hands. Lumbering full backs, playing a high line and generally trying to play football (other than the vicious assaults on Yann) are just the ticket for us.
  • Options
    Surprised at how physical they were....verged on being positively 'thuggish' at times and it goes without saying that the bloody ref didn't help one little bit.
    Kermit will know he's been in a game that's for sure. He's put his body on the line so often this season, away to Scunthorpe a week or two back particularly springs to mind as those of us who were there will testify..........one tough cookie is Kermit, he's going to deserve his summer break.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Surprised at how physical they were....verged on being positively 'thuggish' at times and it goes without saying that the bloody ref didn't help one little bit.
    Kermit will know he's been in a game that's for sure. He's put his body on the line so often this season, away to Scunthorpe a week or two back particularly springs to mind as those of us who were there will testify..........one tough cookie is Kermit, he's going to deserve his summer break.
    Took an absolute battering yesterday and won so many important headers defending set pieces and to think there were people on here calling for him to be left out in favour of Hayes................my my my............sigh!
  • Options
    Took an absolute battering yesterday and won so many important headers defending set pieces and to think there were people on here calling for him to be left out in favour of Hayes................my my my............sigh!
    Yes...I couldn't get my head round that either Deadred.

• Options
    Orient huffed and puffed but weren't that effective going forward, where they do have one or two reasonable players at this level. Spring has a good shot, we allowed him one in the first half which Hamer saved after we didn't close doen quickly enough.
    In a funny way I want orient to lose again against Huddersfield, so that when Huddersfield play Wednesday next Saturday, they have something to play for, as if they lose they'll be out of the automatic race and may save themselves for the playoffs, allowing Wednesday an easy win?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We started the game with the right tempo which got us teh reward but took our foot off the gas. That fast tempo is key at home against the sort of teams we have yet to play at the Valley.
    The only reason our foot came off the gas was because that stupid ref kept breaking up play for ridiculous "offences" and destroyed our early momentum.
    He was so inept i actually started to believe he had an anti charlton agenda going on first half
    Fortunately it was orient who picked up all the bookings
  • Options
    Just seen the goals again. That was great work by Cook for the second. Trickery, grit and a lovely cross. Happy Addick.
    Yeah, I just watched again and didn't realise how good it was in the flesh. Great tackle-cum-turn and a perfect cross.
  • Options
    Their left back (Forbes?)...wow, one of the worst pro footballers ive ever seen live.

not just because he was a right footed left back, but he was just toilet full stop. Would liked to have seen waggy given a bit more of the ball and terrorise players like that.
  • Options
    Good result, but not much of a game. Hamer's save was the highlight for me.
  • Options
    I thought that playing towards the North stand actually helped us to get off to a flying start with great noise generated from the North Stand and North upper.

The referee turned the flow of the game in the first half and allowed Orient back in.

He turned down a penalty in the first half, for the disallowed 'handball' goal why didn't he book the player ? A stream of decisions against BWP & KMG, whilst blowing up for similar challenges to give to Orient at the other end.

The one thing he did do, was to book x5 Orient players, for heavy challenges, which effectively stopped the booked player from carrying out more clogging challenges. If the referee had done that last week, then Russell would have still been on the pitch.

Orient may have been lacking in energy after their midweek game (hopefully the same for Oldham) but to resort to clogging our midfield and KMG is a very poor tactic. They got what they deserved out of the game, which was nothing. They only had one decent chance of note, which was well saved. It would have been a travesty if they had got a point. They didn't particularly look like scoring in the second half, but I was glad off Lee Cooks top cross and N'Guessian good header to settle the nerves. Orient gave up after that.

If you get genetically splice Scott Wagstaff energy and stamina, midfield defensive work rate and covering, with Danny Green's crossing ability that would make for an excellent player.

Stephens and Hollands went missing in the second half, they need to work together better to know who is staying put and who is going forward, at times they were occupying the same space. Maybe it is too many sleepless nights from their kids.

Some nice passing football in places. A timely substitution that worked well. We deserved the win.

Oldham next and we have an advantage that they are playing mid week in the capital against Brentford. Away from home, I think we have a good chance of picking up the victory.

COYRs.

• Options
    Not got around to reading any other posts yet............
    Really don't like making it all about the ref but he was so influential to the game.

Got to be the worst ref I have ever seen at professional level. Nothing short of blatant cheating in my opinion. Kermogant only had to look at a player and a foul was given against him.

I was sat in the NW Quad and had a clear view of the "penalty" claim which was stonewall. Was in a state of shock when he signalled for a goal kick. I will admit that when Cort scored, my first thought was that it came off his arm, so think the ref got that one right but look forward to seeing the replay. Would loved to have been a fly on the wall in the home dressing room at HT and hear what CP said about the 12th man.

Thought we looked close to our early season form in the 1st half. Let Orient back into the game in the 2nd period but looked assured at the back. Last 20 mins had me thinking "this is all set up for Lisbie to grab a point for them". 2nd goal eased a lot of nerves.

One game closer to the promised land. Don't give a rats arse what the other lot do if we keep winning.........................
  • Options
    Its amazing how we see different games whilst supporting the same side, none of of us right just different, I thought Cook played really well and overall we looked sharp in the first half, the ref jeapordised my place in the family stand and made me glad I have upgraded to the East for next season, he was terrible and must have decided that there is no way a CF can win that many headers so he must be cheating! Poor old Yann, really pleased for Wagstaff and can't wait for Oldham, I would like to win promotion at home but its looking like Carlisle
  • Options
    Both Sheff Wednesday's next two games (Huddersfield away on Saturday and Oldham on Easter Monday) are early kick-offs, so we'll know what they've done before we start. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.
  • Options
    Both Sheff Wednesday's next two games (Huddersfield away on Saturday and Oldham on Easter Monday) are early kick-offs, so we'll know what they've done before we start. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.
    It was the same yesterday and that was ok so touchwood!

*places hand on head*
  • Options
    Also, after Preston the game on Sky is Sheff Utd v Stevenage if thats of any significance to us