Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Leyton Orient Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Also, after Preston the game on Sky is Sheff Utd v Stevenage if thats of any significance to us
    Thats really annoying, we may come out of the Preston game not knowing if we are up/champions at that time.
  • Options
    Also, after Preston the game on Sky is Sheff Utd v Stevenage if thats of any significance to us
    Thats really annoying, we may come out of the Preston game not knowing if we are up/champions at that time.
    It'll be over by the time we leave Deepdale, United's run in is iffy

• Options
    uniteds run in looks no more iffy than ours
  • Options
    Hello shadow, how's you today?
  • Options
    Think it is better if Shef W play first to be honest, you know what you need and in the situation where you are say 10 mins to go and level you know just how hard to push and what is at stake.
  • Options
    Puts pressure on Sheffield United more
  • Options
    Sheffield United will come good.
  • Options
    Big party at Euston then!
  • Options
    Sheffield United will come good.
    oh I forgot about the Barcelona of league 1

• Options
    Big party at Euston then!
    Well I'll still be in Preston then, train aint til 8:04 so plenty of celebrating times in the pub before the train
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    comfortable 2-0 against yet another dreamlike opposition who were waiting to get beat
    fairplay to scot wagstaff ,i'm not a fan but his incredible work rate and energy saw him keep up with the quick thinking wiggy (how bad was that haircut) to get that opener
    and lee cook (a poor mans andy reid) put in a reeeeeeem cross and the upgraded akpo finished nicely
    good work from hamer not just the couple of saves but a few times he came out and claimed some balls that took the pressure of the defence

65% champions 33% runners up 2% we all top ourselves

• Options
    Saw aload of the players out last night in Maidstone. Spoke to the S-dog who said they were out for Waggys birthday. Proper team spirit in that group.
  • Options
    Saw aload of the players out last night in Maidstone. Spoke to the S-dog who said they were out for Waggys birthday. Proper team spirit in that group.
    Quality. I like to think that they are mates on and off the pitch. I believe it makes them fight for each other and feel morepart of something, than a bunch of individuals out for personal glory. As SCP has said all along, we win together and lose together. One aim.
  • Options
    A pretty easy win on the whole. Orient never really threatened and we did enough to win so a good result.

COYR!
  • Options
    Let's give Barry Hearn a big round of applause for his debut as a referee yesterday......................
  • Options
    I'm pleased to see that CP is settling into a situation where I believe that he is making strong decisions in his selections. The way that referees are allowing Yann to be stopped from playing his game is disgraceful, I would like to see CP kicking up more of a stink over it so that referees are aware of it and will perhaps take the right action. I would still like to see Yann playing behind a front two, he's got a good engine, scores goals, and seems now to keep two defenders occupied.
  • Options
    thought orient were very poor ,ref was below average thought the additions to the squad worked well for us ...cook hopefully will get fitter and more involved (or will he ?)
    thought that wagstaff s contribution was immense ..covered lots of ground tracking back ...hamer made a really great save ...he is improving ...one aim ,in SCP we trust
  • Options
    Cooks work for the second was excellent, not only a peach of a cross but the Orient player was fouling him before he turned. Great stuff
  • Options
    11 points for promotion, 13 for the title.

ONE AIM
  • Options
    Glad waggy is back in the team and saturday convinced me that although we havea lot of outstanding candidates for player of the year this year, my vote is going to Yann the man. An absolute warrior of a player and i know its league 1 but probably the best player in the air that i've seen play for us - and possibly the best i've seen play for anybody.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    always thought Mooney was crap and Saturday proved it. What a poor excuse for a footballer.
  • Options
    Glad waggy is back in the team and saturday convinced me that although we havea lot of outstanding candidates for player of the year this year, my vote is going to Yann the man. An absolute warrior of a player and i know its league 1 but probably the best player in the air that i've seen play for us - and possibly the best i've seen play for anybody.
    Better than Cliff Holton, Eddie Firmani or Matt Tees ? Wins everything agreed but direction isn't always the best. (or maybe BWP is too far away? ) Totally agree though "An absolute warrior" & a clever / quality player !
  • Options
    After watching the 'highlights' on the BBC it looks like BWP should of had a penalty and Cort didn't handle the ball for his goal. Quality Refereeing!
  • Options
    Better than Cliff Holton, Eddie Firmani or Matt Tees ? Wins everything agreed but direction isn't always the best. (or maybe BWP is too far away? ) Totally agree though "An absolute warrior" & a clever / quality player !
    Cant agree on the "better than Matt Tees" quote Bob, Tees & Treacy were superb together and not only did Treacy read Tees knock downs better than BWP does Kermit's Tees scored more goals as well
  • Options
    always thought Mooney was crap and Saturday proved it. What a poor excuse for a footballer.
    THIS
  • Options

As well as the above names i always thought that King Arthur Horsfield was a great header of the ball.Does anyone else remember Ron Saunders playing for us?He was very small but he knew how to head a ball.Kermy is the best header of a ball i have seen in our recent past.He seems to hang in the air ala Matt Tees,he is also as brave as Tees.

• Options
    Oops managed to quote three times.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Charlton Bob said:
    dickplumb said:
    i always thought that King Arthur Horsfield was a great header of the ball.Does anyone else remember Ron Saunders playing for us?He was very small but he knew how to head a ball
    Yes remember all of those. Tees gets my vote and Yann is right up there with him but the game/tactics have changed and I can't remember Tees getting in anywhere near the amount of defensive headers as Yann does.
  • Options
    You may be right but i'm not old enough to have seen any of them play. Orient had 2 players simply trying to block his run up from goal kicks on Saturday and its what stunted our domination after about 20 minutes which shows just how important he's become to us. He's definitely our number 1 striker in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Ron Saunders was good with his head too....particularly as he was quite small.
    Matt Tees was the best header of the ball 'on goal' I've ever seen.....Yann doesn't play in the box as much as Matt did....so, two quite different players in the way they play...or should I say, they are/were told to play.
    Difficult to split the two for that reason.