Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Leyton Orient Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Glad waggy is back in the team and saturday convinced me that although we havea lot of outstanding candidates for player of the year this year, my vote is going to Yann the man. An absolute warrior of a player and i know its league 1 but probably the best player in the air that i've seen play for us - and possibly the best i've seen play for anybody.
    Better than Cliff Holton, Eddie Firmani or Matt Tees ? Wins everything agreed but direction isn't always the best. (or maybe BWP is too far away? ) Totally agree though "An absolute warrior" & a clever / quality player !
    Cant agree on the "better than Matt Tees" quote Bob, Tees & Treacy were superb together and not only did Treacy read Tees knock downs better than BWP does Kermit's Tees scored more goals as well

Mike that was a question that I was asking Dan,(hence the question mark) I don't think that Yann is better than Matt but is probably the best in the air since then. Have to agree though with another response that Yann makes much more defensive contribution in his own area than the players I mentioned.

Agree though Mike, Tees & Tracy what a partnership !!!!!

• Options
    Sorry Bob, my mistake, I did spot the question mark after I had posted.

Treacy Bob, Treacy.

Tracy was the bird that cut his hair :-)
  • Options
    good win. shit game. getting closer...............
  • Options
    Funny (and I know I'm in the minority) but I didn't think it was a shit game.
    Nothing great but quite enjoyable none-the-less.........the referee not withstanding.
  • Options
    Nothing great but quite enjoyable none-the-less.........the referee not withstanding.
    that was my 31st game of the season, so maybe i'm getting a bit grumpy with all this league 1 crap. please please please let this be the last season of third tier football for a long long time.
  • Options
    I thought it was a bit well er....bitty. But at this stage of the season, it is the 3 points which matters - 2 more wins should be enough - 1 may be but 2 will be safe.
  • Options
    As I said in my comments before reading others it wasn't a classic.

All about the points at this stage though which we got so good!
  • Options
    I thought it was a bit well er....bitty. But at this stage of the season, it is the 3 points which matters - 2 more wins should be enough - 1 may be but 2 will be safe.
    not sure that 2 wins will make us safe. 4 to be safe, 2 may just do it if we're lucky.

• Options
    Agreed - I enjoyed the game, lets face it we are hardly going to get classics at this tme of the season!

Thought most played well, Solly and Big Yann were the stand outs. Also I thought Hamer was very commanding and made a couple of good saves.

Biggest disappointment and has been since his screamer, was Dale Stephens. I think he is a luxury we can ill afford for a blood n guts run in, too much like Hollands, who will get the nod because not only does he create and attacks but he puts his foot in as well. They are too much alike and this was summed up when they 'tackled' each other, as someone shouted out when it happened 'you train every day so bloody talk to each other'!
  • Options
    Sorry Bob, my mistake, I did spot the question mark after I had posted.

Treacy Bob, Treacy.

Tracy was the bird that cut his hair :-)
    lol just home clicked on this thread & "Tracy" hit me like a sledgehammer, I blame typing at work when i should be working ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    got to be honest i dont rate nguessan but i dont mind if he keeps scoring and all my so called mates around me keep giving me shite,if it means we win the league.

wot a great cross from cook he couldnt really miss the chance could he.
  • Options
    got to be honest i dont rate nguessan but i dont mind if he keeps scoring and all my so called mates around me keep giving me shite,if it means we win the league.

Surely your justguessin with the last bit jamie, between you lee and barnsey reminding us that he is shit seconds before he has scored both goals is quality

• Options
    Hamer was very lucky not to get sent off after a minutes play, although it was only an inch or two out of the box. He has to be more careful.
    Kermy is a top player and may get my vote for player of the year but Matt Tees was even better in the air and drew fouls like billy-o.
    I remember Les Ferdinand used to be a similar type of player to Yann and he was only about 5.11 or 6'.
    Great to see Waggy back on form and not diving and moaning.
  • Options
    Considering the ball was in the box, Hamer wasnt lucky at all.
  • Options

you were all sitting right behind me. as soon as i heard steve give him stick, he was always gonna score.
  • Options
    The only reason I can see for BWP penalty appeals being turned down was that he kicked the ball away from the keeper before being taken out, thus the referee thinking that it wasn't a goalscoring opportunity
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The only reason I can see for BWP penalty appeals being turned down was that he kicked the ball away from the keeper before being taken out, thus the referee thinking that it wasn't a goalscoring opportunity
    WTF Nathan a foul is a foul! Forget goalscoring opportunity if it's a foul in the penalty area it's a penalty surely?
  • Options
    Doesn't have to be a goal scoring opportunity for a penalty to be given.
  • Options
    A foul is a foul.
  • Options
    Doesn't have to be a goal scoring opportunity for a penalty to be given.
    But if you look at it mostly nowdays the refs are blind to it if the ball is taken away from the keeper by the attacker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2012
    What about when Yann got assaulted V MK Dons the ball was out of the area that wasn't a goalscoring opportunity either but the penalty was given.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    the reason he didnt give it is cos of the way bwp went down. he was touched but it wasnt enough to take him down, so he did a crappy little fall.
  • Options
    the reason he didnt give it is cos of the way bwp went down. he was touched but it wasnt enough to take him down, so it did a crappy little fall.
    This. Personally it looked like a bit of a dive to me, at the time (looking straight down on it from the NWQ), and then again watching the highlights. He could have stayed up, but made a slightly delayed decision to go down after the contact cos he realised he wasn't going anywhere. Can therefore see why the ref didn't give it. I have no explanation for the rest of his pitiful decision-making though I'm afraid.
  • Options
    If not polished it was professional. Just the one scare mid-way through first half but with six manning the line no way through. Owls form team with 20 pts from last 10 with us and the blades on 17. Just two wins from last six so with winning post well in sight no excuses now for not putting this fairy tale season to bed.

Ben Hamer. Chris Powell should send him to Dublin and get a gaelic football coach to demonstrate the art of how to properly despatch a round ball from the hands. Hamer's technique is frankly bizarre. In each of the last 3 games he has screwed an effort along the floor.
  • Options
    2 more wins and Wednesday have to get 14 points out of 18 , probably 15 with the goal difference advantage we have. If they draw away to Huddersfield on Saturday it would have 13 (possibly 14) from 15! 2 wins would be fine but we want more than that. I stand by 2 wins to be safe.
  • Options
    NathanPrior said:
    No... Just No.

A foul on the attacking player in the penalty area is a penalty full stop.

hence the name penalty area.

The referee obviously thought BWP dived so should have carded Bradders.
  • Options
    Either he thought the ball was out of play before contact or a dive... as BWP was heading away from goal it would not have been a card for the keeper...

On Yann three things hapened that helped him... their No5 went off injured; the ref (eventually) started booking people about 1/2 hour too late; once we got the second they stopped kicking - game over
  • Options

Surely your justguessin with the last bit jamie, between you lee and barnsey reminding us that he is shit seconds before he has scored both goals is quality

got to be done every time give him stick and hopefully he will keep scoring.
  • Options
    If not polished it was professional. Just the one scare mid-way through first half but with six manning the line no way through. Owls form team with 20 pts from last 10 with us and the blades on 17. Just two wins from last six so with winning post well in sight no excuses now for not putting this fairy tale season to bed.

Ben Hamer. Chris Powell should send him to Dublin and get a gaelic football coach to demonstrate the art of how to properly despatch a round ball from the hands. Hamer's technique is frankly bizarre. In each of the last 3 games he has screwed an effort along the floor.
    Thing is. Hamer's kicking is one of the things that SCP likes so much about Hamer. Not likely to tell him to change is he ?

• Options
    he tries to do the Pepe Reina technique, where you drill the ball rather than a normal high drop kick. Supposed to get to the receiving player quicker, unless you kick it straight into the ground.