Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Leyton Orient Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

Good work by Cook to set up Scott "no end product" Wagstaff for yet another goal.

Pretty sure Wiggins set that up.

Orient were filth, disgraceful and the ref let them get away with it for too long. We played excellent first 20 minutes and managed to hold our own against their dirty tactics. Kept our nerve, nearly there. Well done boys.

• Options
    Yer Seth forgot about that 'penalty' which from where i was sitting/standing looked as though BWP nicked it past their keeper who caught BWP as he ran on.
  • Options
    Our friend mr boyeson the ref from last week gave Sheffield utd an 80th minute penalty.not sure what to make of that.why was he allowed to ref at all after his abysmal performance at Huddersfield?
  • Options
    Wiggins set up Waggy's goal, Cook can claim an assist for DNG's though.
  • Options
    So, a good win and a break from the negative numpties on here, at least for another week. :-)

Oldham tickets booked. Getting Carlisle on Monday. COYR!!
  • Options
    Nerves jangling. We made a very poor side look good for long periods when we dropped the pace. Central midfield very weak and outplayed by Matt Spring, that says it all. Cook was poor. Solly majestic and Hamer starting to look assured.
    Once again the lack of inspiration from SCP worried me a bit. The season hung in the balance at 1-0, nails have all gone. Couldn't stand another season in this crappy division.
  • Options
    My mistake. They are still on here.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Great result. Win our next game and we are on the same points that Leeds achieved when they finished second.
    As you amended above, Leeds got automatic promotion with 86 points 2 years ago.

Last season, Huddersfield finished in 3rd place with 87 .....breaking the League One points total record for 3rd place.

In previous seasons then, 88 points has always been enough to win automatic promotion .... and we are just 3 points or 1 win from that total.

But with both Sheffield clubs now going well, is a new record points total for 3rd place going to happen again this year?
  • Options
    differing opinions masicat but at no stage did i think Orient looked good, yes we stepped off the pace after Cort's goal was disallowed but Hamer had two saves to make, 1st one good admittedly. As for Cook, this was his first game for a while and i though he was neat & tidy, lovely cross for 2nd goal...not poor at all.

Lack of inspiration from CP led to substitute settling our nerves.
  • Options
    Glad to be there, good start, clearly trying to keep it on the deck. Disappointed with Stephens, but wouldn't criticise anybody else. Chris Solly utterly superb. If the second goal had stood we'd have gone on to score six. Atrocious ref, really. Every booking accompanied by a long speech.Looking forward to see the "handball". All I can say is it went in like a bullet, in which case he'd have to really punch it. So why no booking, eh, ref? Decent support generally, especially from the North Upper. Really important win, two more to go up, three for the title.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2012
    A little milestone from today ....... 25th League win of the season.
  • Options
    Second half was bloody boring but it's the points that matter
  • Options
    Definitely handball by Cort, probably a penalty before that.

Routine win, poor game on the whole. Championship here we come.
  • Options
    Thought we started very well, Orient could not live with us so they reverted to bully boy tactics, systematically kicking Jan & Waggy in particular. The ref was so bad it's hard to believe he has ever been in charge of a game before, or was it because he was from Yorkshire?
  • Options
    That was the most uncomfortable comfortable victory I can remember !

Started like a steam train, by 75 mins we were like a broken down Lewis coach.

Any win now is a huge win. The pressure is clearly getting to the players, that 2nd goal was a god send
  • Options

Started like a steam train, by 75 mins we were like a broken down Lewis coach.
    At last, we started well ....!

• Options
    P.S. Nobody does the double over us this season!
  • Options
    i think we were great until the first goal, ok until half time and terrible in the second half until the goal, but i will take that. coyr!
  • Options
    P.S. Nobody does the double over us this season!
    Is that a club record, perhaps?
  • Options
    Relief to get the points but that second half was like an anaesthetic!

We need a bull in central midfield. Stephens + Hollands are both good players but don't complement each other.

We also need a better route forward from Wiggins. Until we develop this, he'll continue running into a cul de sac.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On a positive note, only 2 goals conceded in 4 games, both pens. I think end of season will be Charlton 95 Sheff Unt 92 Sheff Wed 90, and that allows for the Sheffield clubs finishing strong.
  • Options
    Battled well against 12 men. Little bit nervous but we saw it out. Nearly there!
  • Options
    masicat
    6:09PM
    Nerves jangling. We made a very poor side look good for long periods when we dropped the pace. Central midfield very weak and outplayed by Matt Spring, that says it all. Cook was poor. Solly majestic and Hamer starting to look assured.
    Once again the lack of inspiration from SCP worried me a bit. The season hung in the balance at 1-0, nails have all gone. Couldn't stand another season in this crappy division. COOK POOR are you having a laugh thought he played well
  • Options
    match stats addicks first-:

possession..........56% - 44%
    shots on............... 3 - 5
    shots off.............. 2 - 2
    corners................. 5 - 4

GOALS................... 2 - 0
    I've often thought these stats are a bit "iffy" at this level, but how on earth can they say we only had 3 shots on target? We scored twice and their keeper pulled off a great double save in the second half - so that's four for starters!

Great win. Good first half, back to the clinical soaking up pressure without looking like conceding second half.

I'm not usually a ref basher, but in the first half that I couldn't believe some of the decisions he was making. However, considering at one point he seemed to be giving them absolutely everything, he still managed to book 5 of theirs and none of ours!
  • Options
    Made hard work of beating a mediocre Orient (for whom Lisbie and Spring played well.) I thought Yann had a rare off day. Not as dominant in the air as he usually is although he had the sh*t kicked out of him from the start. Waggy is playing better since he has been reinstated and it was great to see Wiggins once again attacking down the left flank and making a superb run for our first goal. Hamer didn't have a great deal to do but what he had to do he did it well. His calling to his defenders and handling were faultless and apart from one kick which was a 'grubber' he set up a number of attacks with his kicks. BWP started in lively fashion but was given nothing to work with and cut a frustrated player long before he was subbed.
    Cook gave us the left sided balance we need and even though not match fit kept going. His determination for the second goal to win the ball back and then the perfect cross showed just what he can give us.
    2-0 =3 points and a clean sheet. I'm happy with that. (A result I predicted on the other thread!!!) Not only will we be promoted but we will go up as champions with at least 5 points in hand.
  • Options
    One of their players was to get sent off wasn't he, except the ref booked the wrong player .. Shocking officiating throughout the game, but good performance.

Like Cort in defence, looks very safe and no nonsense.

Think we needed to feed BWP more chances, but just didn't create the space to, our chances were from the wings mostly.
  • Options
    What do you mean by 'lack inspiration from SCP'?
  • Options
    Scrappy game, 2nd half was nervy but we saw it through.

Thought Cook and Hamer had good games.

2 more wins and we'll be there, am I right in thinking if Wednesday lose their next 2 and we win the next two we will be promoted.
  • Options
    Nervy team but we won and its all in our hands great win orient are not mugs
  • Options
    I thought everytime the ball got to Cook he looked lively....great assist for the 2nd goal as well.

Waggy was excellent today...and i'm not his biggest fan, but he has improved a lot recently.

CM'S went missing 2nd half..

Couple of decent saves from Hamer.

Overall- Very happy and it feels good to be winning again!