Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jubilee Weekend .... So what are you up to then?

Comments

• Options
    Sat - Studying
    Sun - Studying
    Mon - Studying
    Tue - Studying

With a few bees thrown in for the evenings.

Price to pay for accountancy exams in three weeks, 1 week of which I'm in Ukraine, which is frowned upon enough at work, without me doing sod all studying this weekend too.
    ACCA?

• Options
    Try and catch as much as I can on the tellybox, reflecting on what we have as a Nation, intead of what we don't. These are the times I wish I was back in Blighty!

GSTQ!
  • Options
    Off to The Derby tomorrow
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2012
    Ps......If anyone is in the Greenhithe/Dartford area on Monday there is a Jubilee street style party for kids with free food, bouncy castle, face painting,disco, arts & crafts, kids entertainer etc, BBQ and adults disco in the evening with raffle (Large screen TV etc to be won) large beer garden/decking area, you don't need to be a member, all welcome, noon til late.

Greenhithe British Legion, London Road, Greenhithe, DA9 9EJ
  • Options
    Just saw @Johnboy off on his London to Paris cycle. Good luck pal

• Options
    Sat: home watch Engerland match
    Sun & Mon: Lass's family do in Newcastle, all Spurs fans,
    Tues: home
    With a bit of luck I'll miss the Jubillee thing
    Miserable
  • Options
    Good luck John!
  • Options
    I hear Del Boy is looking forward to a lovely jubilee.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    i LOVE all this sort of stuff... gives you an identity and togetherness that the rest of the world finds fascinating, so happy im english i tell thee.

UP BLIGHTY!
    UP THE QUEEN!
    UP THE CELEBRATIONS!
    UP THE ADDICKS!

... and the good lord said "forget about your woes, indulge yourself in good feeling and let us party" amen to that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just saw @Johnboy off on his London to Paris cycle. Good luck pal

Seat looks painful. Good luck John mate ; )
  • Options
    Sat - Studying
    Sun - Studying
    Mon - Studying
    Tue - Studying

With a few bees thrown in for the evenings.

Price to pay for accountancy exams in three weeks, 1 week of which I'm in Ukraine, which is frowned upon enough at work, without me doing sod all studying this weekend too.
    ACCA?

Gulity - P1 & P2 mate.
  • Options
    Today:Pub for the England game
    Sunday: Street party, then playing cricket
    Monday:BBQ at a mates
    Tues:Probs just sit and watch the Jubilee on tv.

Absolutely love weekends like this, makes me proud to be British and I really don't understand those who moan about it. If people cant enjoy a weekend like this one (apart from work reasons etc), then they must lead very boring a grumpy lives.
  • Options

Absolutely love weekends like this, makes me proud to be British and I really don't understand those who moan about it. If people cant enjoy a weekend like this one (apart from work reasons etc), then they must lead very boring a grumpy lives.
    A lot of them are the same folk who are already moaning about the Olympics.

• Options

A lot of them are the same folk who moan about everything and anything.

• Options

A lot of them are the same folk who moan about everything and anything.

Don't really agree with the idea of a monarchy, but I see this as more a celebration of being British - which I very much agree with (and wish we did more of). My whole weekend was built around going to a party in a Windsor park tomorrow, which the weather looks likely to ruin.

Has anyone seen the the front of the sea containers building on the south end of black friars bridge ? Looks fantastic, have a pic but don't know how to upload from iphone

• Options
    NHS staff don't get a bank holiday for the jubilee so working on Tuesday. Also I'm a republican.
  • Options
    thinking of giving the river pageant a miss now. Feck getting soaked
  • Options
    NHS staff don't get a bank holiday for the jubilee so working on Tuesday. Also I'm a republican.

Do you work for the NHS? If so being a Republican won't make any difference to you.
  • Options
    Miserable
    no just anarchistic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Do you work for the NHS? If so being a Republican won't make any difference to you.
    The government proudly announced a bank holiday to the nation and then quietly said to its staff oh by the way it's not a bank holiday. Just because I am not a monarchist why should I be treated differently ? I also doubt you believe in father Christmas but take the days off ;0)

• Options
    My wife works for the NHS and has been given the bank holidays, she is an ODA in theatre, does it depend what Trust you work for as opposed to a NHS thing?
  • Options
    Miserable
  • Options
    Miserable
    no just anarchistic
    Yeah, you are really out there !

• Options
    Universal Studios today
    Magic Kingdom tomorrow
    Kennedy Space Centre Monday
    Orange Lakes golf course Tuesday
    Have Sky+ all the relevant celebrations for when we get home.

Not a cloud in the sky today, 30+ degrees and small queues at Universal Studios. They might be fat, they might be loud, but the Yanks know how to run a theme park or two!
  • Options
    Wish I'd bought a job lot of Union Jack Umbrellas!
  • Options
    Pissed in Bromley tonight.

Pissed in Lee Green tomorrow night.

Avoiding anything vaguely related to royalty on Monday and Tuesday. Hate the royal family with a vengence. Dont get the hysteria. If you and your family were mown down by an arcticulated lorry infront of them they wouldnt bat an eyelid.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Avoiding anything vaguely related to royalty on Monday and Tuesday. Hate the royal family with a vengence. Dont get the hysteria. If you were mown down by an arcticulated lorry infront of them they wouldnt bat an eyelid.
    If it was you I wouldn't.

• Options

Avoiding anything vaguely related to royalty on Monday and Tuesday. Hate the royal family with a vengence. Dont get the hysteria. If you and your family were mown down by an arcticulated lorry infront of them they wouldnt bat an eyelid.
    Really Miserable, but hardly surprising.

It must be painful for you going to bed at night knowing you have to get up in the morning and live another day.
  • Options

Agree!