Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jubilee Weekend .... So what are you up to then?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2012
    When should I get out of bed today? Soon and walk across the Heath for milk (walking part of the 10000 steps I need to do a day) or stay here in bec until after lunch and potter indoorsNeed help to decide. Blue sky outside not helping decision
  • Options
    At footscray social club playing in the footscray darts open
  • Options
    I don't think we are the only nation who does this kinda thing.

Other countries who have put on great spectacles in the past include: North Korea, China, the USSR and Hitler's Germany.
  • Options
    I don't think we are the only nation who does this kinda thing.

Other countries who have put on great spectacles in the past include: North Korea, China, the USSR and Hitler's Germany.
    Not sure about the comparisons but we just do it better.

God save The Queen.
  • Options
    Off to Plum Lane, Plumstead soon where a pal has helped organised a street party.

Anyone see the BBC's coverage of the pageant? Absolute amateur night.

Tess Daly being 'knighted' by a drag queen was just pure Partridge.
  • Options

Anyone see the BBC's coverage of the pageant? Absolute amateur night.

Tess Daly being 'knighted' by a drag queen was just pure Partridge.
    had been watching Sky and then flicked to the bbc and saw that , i mean who was the foaming piss head knighting her, proper cringeworthy , turned straight back to Sky
    although i would have preferred to have been watching the tennis but she who must be obeyed wanted to watch the royal stuff

• Options
    Just watching the high jinx from the Palace - has anyone ever seen Tom Jones and Kofi Annan in the same room?
  • Options
    Queen does not look impressed does she?
  • Options
    Was at Battersea Park yesterday......emotional and brilliant......street aprty tomorrow........ Republicans SUFFER........this is the best and one of the only reasons we can rightfully retain United or Great as part of our name.
  • Options
    The queen looks radiant and beautiful , spent most of tonight recovering from the biggest weekend piss up at Clacton football tournament I can remember , watched the river parade on the big screen before the England game telling people who were mocking the queen and what she stood for to get the eff out of my space and pipe down considering they wouldn't have looked out of place on Jeremy Kyle couldn't believe the the cheek of them , place was full of jubilee partys from football teams across the sth and the kids couldn't understand why people were saying such nasty stuff against her maj

Love all of what I have seen today

Extremely proud to be English and have such a wonderful monarch

Makes what the boys and girls done in two world wars seem worth it to allow us to maintain such a fantastic and inspiring heritage to pass on to our children

I love the monarchy and all it stands for

God save the queen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some proper miserable and nasty vermin on this thread - you should be fucking ashamed of yourselves.

Sure, it's not everybody's cup of tea - but thankfully most people in this country still like this sort of thing, so you can go and play with the traffic.

• Options
    Give my family the money, property and privelege. We'll do it. And grandad can do the embarrassing comments to foregin dignitaries just as well as "Prince" Philip Poppaloupoukis.

Still watching the French Open.
    You especially. Twat.

Can't wait for your next "witty" response about the French Open.

• Options
    I'm planning on taking out old queenie and the duke of edinburgh.

so keep on watching the news.
    Arsehole.
  • Options
    Had a sober bank holiday Offy mate?!
  • Options
    Haven't touched a drop.

Just annoyed by fuckwits.
  • Options
    Stevie wonder says it best

Isn't she wonderful , isn't she lovely, isn't she beautiful

Stevie wonder legend and giving her a wonderful send up

Let the haters hate off it , it's their loss not realising that men and women died for their love of the monarchy throughout our proud history and people like them wouldve and should be still sent to the tower or just slung in a dungeon somewhere
  • Options

Let the haters hate off it , it's their loss not realising that men and women died for their love of the monarchy throughout our proud history and people like them wouldve and should be still sent to the tower or just slung in a dungeon somewhere
    Jesus some strong views,
  • Options

Mind you, it's not her birthday though !
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Haha, somebody should tell the Americans what this Jubilee means.
  • Options
    I love Rolf singing two little boys what a great song reminds me of being a kid

Agree about the birthday and jubilee bit but in all what a glorious celebration
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charles is brilliant. Best part of the night for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Charles is brilliant. Best part of the night for me.
    Spot on, I think she will get this out the way, step down and hand it over to him
  • Options
    Not sure why the French flag is on the palace at the moment...
  • Options
    Charles was superb what a tribute to his mother , really hope Phillip is not seriously Ill ,

The fireworks are excellent as is the beacon

Very proud in Enfield right now
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Off it youre just sad.
    Try watching the French open.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    You can pick holes in the institution of the monarchy and you can pick holes in aspects of the job Queen Elizabeth 2 has done within that institution. For example should she have done more to embarrass government (s) surrendered powers to the EU without properly consulting the people?

But overall for 60 years she has done a damned fine job and been a credit to the country and deserves the tributes she has received over the past few days.

I'd far rather her than a a discredited sleazebag like Blair as "President" which would be the alternative.
  • Options
    What a wonderful celebration, so very proud. Magnificiant speech from Charles, we sure know how to host a party.
  • Options

The Queen's official birthday this year was switched from a Saturday to Monday 4th June, so in fact it was her birthday at the concert.