Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jubilee Weekend .... So what are you up to then?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Stood at Bankside for the Pageant - (couldn't help but wonder what idot now owns The Anchor, not a bloody clue.)
    In my leftie past I was a Republican and had no time for the monarchy. These days I think differently. I got to Bankside at 6.30am, just about the same time as the fruitcakes and the weirdo's. Stood proudly in the cold and rain for 10 hours. Couldn't get a pint in the Anchor cos the idiots had a ten mile queue and the sort of staff who stare at the money before spending 5 minutes trying to work the till. Anyway, by time her Maj rolled by I couldn't feel my feet any more, and the bloody Canadians to my left were starting to be a pain., My '' American Lite'' comment had not gone down too well and the wife wasn't best pleased. Made a run for the car parked in Redcross Street and saluted the 'Winchester Geese memorial'' before cranking up the heating and stripping off soaking wet clothes. Left the fishing chairs where we stood for good measure.
    Proud to be English. Think were further away from Sharia law than ever. Now let's win the Euros.......
    GOD SAVE THE QUEEN..........
  • Options
    Stood at Bankside for the Pageant - (couldn't help but wonder what idot now owns The Anchor, not a bloody clue.)
    In my leftie past I was a Republican and had no time for the monarchy. These days I think differently. I got to Bankside at 6.30am, just about the same time as the fruitcakes and the weirdo's. Stood proudly in the cold and rain for 10 hours. Couldn't get a pint in the Anchor cos the idiots had a ten mile queue and the sort of staff who stare at the money before spending 5 minutes trying to work the till. Anyway, by time her Maj rolled by I couldn't feel my feet any more, and the bloody Canadians to my left were starting to be a pain., My '' American Lite'' comment had not gone down too well and the wife wasn't best pleased. Made a run for the car parked in Redcross Street and saluted the 'Winchester Geese memorial'' before cranking up the heating and stripping off soaking wet clothes. Left the fishing chairs where we stood for good measure.
    Proud to be English. Think were further away from Sharia law than ever. Now let's win the Euros.......
    GOD SAVE THE QUEEN..........
    You sound very English masicat, everyone one within earshot of your was an idiot, fruitcake & weirdo. You insulted some Canadian tourists, then cleared off home leaving all your crap behind (fishing chairs) for someone else to clear up.

"Maj" would have been proud
  • Options
    Oh dear - are you really in the East Stand ? That makes sense. Get a sense of humour ffs. What is it with this forum that there is always someone trying to get their nose in the bloody trough. If you start by learning to spell pageant it will be a start.
    Get a life !!
  • Options
    Made me laugh out loud Eaststandmike - I didn't think you were being serious?
  • Options
    Made me laugh out loud Eaststandmike - I didn't think you were being serious?
    Serious is my middle name :-)
  • Options
    Ha Ha - of course you weren't. Nor was I..........
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    What is the point in posting if everyone has to guess whether it's b******* or not ?
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited June 2012
    The monarchy is steeped in history and that is British history. Many, many nations would give their right arm for that. We are privileged to have a thousand years and more of British history related to a monarchy and just to sweep that away for something else would be ludicrous and ridiculous. It would be like taking a very rare and valuable heirloom and throwing it on the fire. There would still be wars. People would still die. The monarchy can't be blamed for that. I agree, there is some pomposity but that's just the nature of it. I for one have felt very proud watching this from afar.
    Yes, but this thread is about what you are doing over the Jubilee weekend. ;)
    True.

Being out in California what did I do over the Jubilee weekend? Hmm....

Saturday - went up to Sonoma in the Wine Country.
    Sunday - drove to San Francisco Airport to drop the Mum-in-Law off after she had been visiting for 2 weeks.
    Monday - work.
    Tuesday - work.

I watched what I could on the telly though. Thought the flotilla was amazing. Looking at the weather, no wonder Phillip is now in hospital. ABC showed 2 hours of the concert on their prime time TV last night so caught a good bit of that. I thought the fireworks and the lights on the Palace (especially during Madness/Our House) were amazing.

My sister and son represented me well though. :-) Sis won 2 tickets in the lottery for the garden party before the concert so she was there with my niece. They also had seats at the concert. And my son works at King Edward VII's Hospital Sister Agnes.
  • Options
    I thought you had to post b*******? Have I had it wrong all along?