Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jubilee Weekend .... So what are you up to then?

Comments

• Options
    Some proper miserable and nasty vermin on this thread - you should be fucking ashamed of yourselves.

Sure, it's not everybody's cup of tea - but thankfully most people in this country still like this sort of thing, so you can go and play with the traffic.

chill dawg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The Sovereign's birthday is officially celebrated by the ceremony of Trooping the Colour on a Saturday in June.

This years Trooping the Colour will take place on 16 June 2012.
  • Options
    Been brilliant. Really makes you proud to be British.

God Bless Her Majesty,
  • Options
    Ruddy marvellous.
  • Options
    Loved it and has made me excited for the Olympics and the Euros, has made me feel quite patriotic.
    Will there be a similar celebration in 4 years if Elizabeth is still the Queen and becomes Britain's longest reigning monarch?
  • Options
    Bloody hell, I thought I got all emotional and patriotic enough yesterday watching the pageant, but being in St James Park this evening mingling with people from all walks of life and all sharing the same happiness, and then Charles speech and the fireworks and music has left me welling up again, and even more patriotic.

God I love this country, and God help those of you out there that are miserable enough not to enjoy this.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, I thought I got all emotional and patriotic enough yesterday watching the pageant, but being in St James Park this evening mingling with people from all walks of life and all sharing the same happiness, and then Charles speech and the fireworks and music has left me welling up again, and even more patriotic.

God I love this country, and God help those of you out there that are miserable enough not to enjoy this.
    this is what i mean, no matter what background creed or colour we can all enjoy a day like today. That's what its all about. God help us if we ever had a president, the kind of vermin that have been our recent prime ministers...

• Options
    The Sovereign's birthday is officially celebrated by the ceremony of Trooping the Colour on a Saturday in June.

Normally yes, but not this year. It was yesterday.

http://www.personneltoday.com/articles/2010/01/04/53575/2012-one-off-bank-holiday-will-mark-queens-diamond.html
  • Options
    I think there are possibly one or two slightly over the top remarks in this chain but never mind, teas a damn good do. Hadn't intended watching the whole thing as today is a perfectly ordinary working day in Sweden but there you are, I'll survive and then tomorrow when you're all back at work, I'll be having a lie-in
  • Options
    French open on again tomorrow. So thankful for tennis.
    Miserable
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Normally yes, but not this year. It was yesterday.

http://www.personneltoday.com/articles/2010/01/04/53575/2012-one-off-bank-holiday-will-mark-queens-diamond.html
    I'm not sure I got the above quote from the official royal website.

http://royal.gov.uk/royaleventsandceremonies/troopingthecolour/troopingthecolour.aspx

http://trooping-the-colour.co.uk/
  • Options
    Haven't watched any of the events this weekend and wanted to ask a simple question, not trying to stir anything up but has the queen done any sort of mermioral service for the girls and guys who have lost their lifes fighting for her privilege to be a queen?
  • Options
    I don't think our soldiers fight for her privilege, I think they fight for our freedom and safety.

She's also involved in a pretty big memorial service every November...
  • Options
    I don't think our soldiers fight for her privilege, I think they fight for our freedom and safety.

So she hasn't done a mermioral service?
  • Options
    What do you mean? Do you want her to design the invites, ring up the village hall, and put the bunting up?
  • Options
    I was just asking a simple question mate, if she has made a speech or held some sort of memorial for the people who have left this world in the armed forces?
  • Options

Can't we just leave it out? This thread is about everyone's Jubilee celebrations. If you want a thread about the Monarchy and its role in our country perhaps you should start a separate thread.

I'm not trying to start a fight with anyone, I just think it's a but disrespectful to hijack a thread just to post your own views or attempt to rile other posters up.
  • Options
    Look lads I haven't watched it and was just asking a simple question, I am not trying to hi jack it or get other people going I just wanted a yes or no answer.
  • Options
    I was just asking a simple question mate, if she has made a speech or held some sort of memorial for the people who have left this world in the armed forces?
    Read what WSS has written.

In case you may have missed it we have a Rememberance Day every year, takes place every November.

I think if you look carefully you may see The Queen involved in it somewhere.

• Options
    Read what WSS has written.

In case you may have missed it we have a Rememberance Day every year, takes place every November.

I think if you look carefully you may see The Queen involved in it somewhere.

I meant this weekend but don't worry guys, I am taking the awkward answers back as a no then. Cheers for your help

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2012

I meant this weekend but don't worry guys, I am taking the awkward answers back as a no then. Cheers for your help

Maybe you should have put "this weekend" when you asked the question then.

I don't think we have any mind readers on this site.
  • Options
    That's why I put it in the jubilee weekend thread
  • Options
    Miserable

• Options
    Out of interest Woodsy, have you watched any of the coverage this weekend?

If you have, you will have seen how much joy and happiness the monarchy brings to millions of people, not just in the UK, but globally. At a time where many countries are in crisis, this weekend has been a break from the doom and gloom and a chance for people to celebrate what is great about this country and forget about problems for a bit.

You may not agree with the Monarchy, but can you not see the effect it has on the country? The two biggest boosts to the UK economy in recent times have been the Royal Wedding and this weekend.
  • Options
    Which was asking the question what are you doing not what is the The Queen doing.

• Options
    edited June 2012

The thoughts and concerns of the Royals over the armed forces are never in question, this is a total non subject, no one has taken a far greater interest than them in the care and remembrance of serving and ex serving personnel.

They attend far more memorial services than any other "leaders" in our country and thier unbroken support for the forces is one of thier strengths. I suspect that all fellow ex forces people on here would agree that there is no mileage in this one for you woodsy

• Options
    As the Queen was stepping off her barge yesterday, she said to Prince Charles "mind your step son"

"It's ok Mummy. Harry's behind me"
  • Options
    3 million French watched the Jubilee celebration yesterday, that's a quarter of their national viewing figures for that day. That's even with the French Open being on.

During the Royal Wedding three French TV channels streamed the whole event live.
  • Options
    What a proud proud day.

God save The Queen.
  • Options
    Loved it all. Brilliant!