Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jubilee Weekend .... So what are you up to then?

Comments

• Options
    Jubilee family festival yesterday. chilling today. 2 partys tomorrow.
  • Options
    Am going up to London to see the boats, going to wear red, white and blue and my wellies.
    Tomorrow street party - hope I don't have to wear my wellies but will be wearing red, white and blue again.
    Love all the celebrations.
  • Options

Avoiding anything vaguely related to royalty on Monday and Tuesday. Hate the royal family with a vengence. Dont get the hysteria. If you and your family were mown down by an arcticulated lorry infront of them they wouldnt bat an eyelid.
    Agree!
    Miserable

• Options
    Going to Thames Pagent today and then having family around for tea. We are doing nothing the next 2 days other than seeing films. I am not a royalist as such normally ambivalent but love the tradition of stuff like this. Have to respect anyone who has been in the same job for 60 years.
  • Options
    Pissed in Bromley tonight.

Pissed in Lee Green tomorrow night.

Avoiding anything vaguely related to royalty on Monday and Tuesday. Hate the royal family with a vengence. Dont get the hysteria. If you were mown down by an arcticulated lorry infront of them they wouldnt bat an eyelid.
    If it was you I wouldn't.

Nice.
  • Options
    Biggest river pagent for 350 years and something that the UK does so well.Something that the rest of the World looks on at this tiny Island. We all know that the UK is in a World of shit and maybe the money could have gone elsewhere, but just for a day or two maybe there will be things that actually deflect from that world of shit.
    Im proud we can do it and im proud that so many care enough to get off their arses and get involved and for the Republicans--- at least you can have the right to be so in this Country------celebrate that .
  • Options

Avoiding anything vaguely related to royalty on Monday and Tuesday. Hate the royal family with a vengence. Dont get the hysteria. If you and your family were mown down by an arcticulated lorry infront of them they wouldnt bat an eyelid.
    What's the point? It's that really necessary?
  • Options
    At show in Essex with Bailey at the moment, tipping it down but in true CL style we found the bar. Gawd bless you Mam.
  • Options
    Finished work, now to sleep the day away until work tonight.
  • Options

Avoiding anything vaguely related to royalty on Monday and Tuesday. Hate the royal family with a vengence. Dont get the hysteria. If you were mown down by an arcticulated lorry infront of them they wouldnt bat an eyelid.
    If it was you I wouldn't.

Nice.
    I thought so.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aborted trip to Pagent so many people. Now going home to watch on TV and decorate jubilee pavlova
  • Options
    Currently working- and its so quiet
  • Options
    Building an ark
  • Options
    Still watching the French Open.
  • Options
    Sat - Studying
    Sun - Studying
    Mon - Studying
    Tue - Studying

With a few bees thrown in for the evenings.

Price to pay for accountancy exams in three weeks, 1 week of which I'm in Ukraine, which is frowned upon enough at work, without me doing sod all studying this weekend too.
    ACCA?

Gulity - P1 & P2 mate.
    Got my P7 resit too next week. Last one hopefully!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Fri - Dog Sitting
    Sat - Felt ill and stayed in
    Sun - Felt better and stayed in
    Mon - BBQ at mine
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Really? You really think that or is it that you feel by shouting louder and more extremely than anyone else someone might listen too you, go back to hitting the bottle its just not your weekend.......Hating with a vengance is not good for you.....
  • Options
    We recorded the pagent and watched it this evening, the Queen looked how I felt.......comatosed.

I am indebted to whoever the person was that invented the fast forward facility on recording equipment, if we ever meet the drinks are on me.

• Options
    Well watching the events today made me very very proud to be British. No other country in the world could or would put on such a spectacle, and I loved every minute of it. The orchestra singing Land of hope and glory, Rule Britannia and God save the queen at the end made me well up with pride, and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

I hope all the miserable lot that complain about anything and everything saw just how many people lined the bnks of the Thames and how many smiling faces, despite the weather, there were. What a glorious country we live in.

God save the queen.
  • Options
    The people who complain about this being a waste of money etc and how the monarchy are pants are also the first ones that say the sense of community has gone from this country and "everyones out for themselves". Then when an event like this comes along that binds people together in a really positive way they complain. Does my nut in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    French open on again tomorrow. So thankful for tennis.
  • Options
    Was totally underwhelmed by the river pagent watching it on the telly. Felt a bit patronised with presenters telling me how great it was, when it was only some boats in the rain. The Dunkirk boats were good but in history these pagents had some gimmicks and this needed a few IMO.
  • Options
    Don't believe the royals are any better than me (and I'm nothing special). As the head of our most famous tourist attraction the queen has done a superb job through the years (and I'm not being snide or sarcastic with those comments). An enjoyable days entertainment and I will enjoy the concert tonight as well.
    It isn't the queens job to fix society or paper over the cracks and I do not blame her for my local community being broken beyond repair. We didn't have a street party.
  • Options
    As both an atheist and a republican, this sort of event is not really of interest to me but I understand that for some people it's very important which is fine. But I have been very struck by how little bunting there is about compared to say the Silver event back in the 70's. Then there were endless street parties, bunting everywhere, a plethora of local parades and festivities and lots of silly hats and victoria sponges. For the Jubilee it's been a virtually zilch response in my town which has really surprised me TBH.
  • Options
    Well watching the events today made me very very proud to be British. No other country in the world could or would put on such a spectacle, and I loved every minute of it. The orchestra singing Land of hope and glory, Rule Britannia and God save the queen at the end made me well up with pride, and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

I hope all the miserable lot that complain about anything and everything saw just how many people lined the bnks of the Thames and how many smiling faces, despite the weather, there were. What a glorious country we live in.

God save the queen.
    Watched the whole thing from my office window, so at least I avoided the rain. It was amazing, such a spectacle, something I'll never forget. I got home and watched it all again on TV. Wonderful to see the choir at the end.

Today will seem very boring!

• Options

God save the queen.
    Couldn't of put it better.

No-one can deny what a wonderful job the Queen has done representing this nation, it was a fantastic day for a fantastic lady. I can't believe people are willing to lose that for a president.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Give my family the money, property and privelege. We'll do it. And grandad can do the embarrassing comments to foregin dignitaries just as well as "Prince" Philip Poppaloupoukis.

Still watching the French Open.
  • Options
    Spending some time with good friends in The Azores. Saw some of the pageant on Sky News. Our friends were impressed with the colour and celebrations and admitted that nobody in the World can put on this type of event like us.
  • Options
    Saw Glenn Tillbrook on Saturday night at The Hope Festival Biggin Hill....and a fabuous band called Ska Daddy, a thoughroughly good day!
  • Options
    I took the mother, wife and kids up yesterday, drove up and parked just 3 roads from tower bridge, no probs. got there about 12 and already we could not get a view point anywhere, ended up walking to blackfriars and plotting up there where we could see a tiny bit of the river but a big screen in front of us , one of the biggest anti climax's once the queen had passed, had to walk all the kids and old mother back to tower bridge in sheeting rain, our whole day changed however when we got into the car tried to drive off and was held by a police motorbike. next 3 cars to pass was the queen and phillip, then charles and camilla, then wills and kate, our car went bonkers and we was close enough to all wave at the queen. i swear she waved back..