Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jubilee Weekend .... So what are you up to then?

Comments

• Options
    Worked today, but didn't go up Sunday in the end, got all the grub we were going to take invited some friends round watched it on the box and got absolutely smashed. Went to Otford fete yesterday very british occasion and they had some cracking music acts on. Then watched concert last night. I thought it was fantastic and very moving.

Our Queen is special very very special. My Nan was Australian and my mum was born in Australia and came over at 6 months old. I know that all our family back in Oz adore her and love being part of the commonwealth.
  • Options
    Stevie wonder says it best

Isn't she wonderful , isn't she lovely, isn't she beautiful

Stevie wonder legend and giving her a wonderful send up

Let the haters hate off it , it's their loss not realising that men and women died for their love of the monarchy throughout our proud history and people like them wouldve and should be still sent to the tower or just slung in a dungeon somewhere
    Why do these things always end up being hijacked by those who continually relate every expression of pride in being British to wars that were fought before most of us were born. Past glories, Is that all we've got ?
  • Options

Let the haters hate off it , it's their loss not realising that men and women died for their love of the monarchy throughout our proud history and people like them wouldve and should be still sent to the tower or just slung in a dungeon somewhere
    Why do these things always end up being hijacked by those who continually relate every expression of pride in being British to wars that were fought before most of us were born. Past glories, Is that all we've got ?
    He said 'Throughout'! that includes on-going conflicts i.e Afganistan go post somewhere else if you want to be an incosiderate wanker, you can tell he is just being patriotic which is what the Jubilee is all about!
  • Options
    I had a good time with the day off. But The Queen etc; personally don't get it. If it means something to you I'm sure you had an even better day.
  • Options

He said 'Throughout'! that includes on-going conflicts i.e Afganistan go post somewhere else if you want to be an incosiderate wanker, you can tell he is just being patriotic which is what the Jubilee is all about!
    The Jubilee's about blindly following and never questioning ? Yep, I suppose that's what the Royal family want. I am patriotic. I love my country, but it had nothing to do with wars, people born into families of wealth and privilege who couldn't care less about or know anything of the 99.999% of the population who fund their lifestyle and it certainly has nothing to do with those who unquestioningly follow and never question.
  • Options
    Just seen the highlights, great stuff! Bring on The Olympics!
  • Options
    Friday - Studying
    Saturday - Working
    Sunday - Working
    Monday - Working
    Tuesday - Went up to London to see the fly-over. Was really impressed.

I work in a pub in Blackheath so Bank Holidays are always busy.

I like the unity of the country. All the flags, all the diversity as well (young, old, black, white and people from all over, coming together to celebrate).

I think it's a good weekend.

I don't think people should moan about the jubilee if they've decided to take Monday and Tuesday off work.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    people born into families of wealth and privilege who couldn't care less about or know anything of the 99.999% of the population who fund their lifestyle and it certainly has nothing to do with those who unquestioningly follow and never question.

Interesting stat, where did you get those figures from, if correct then I may just change my own belief system, I never realised that they cared about so few of us, wow, my whole life up until this point has been in a worthless pursuit of blind, unquestioning following......
  • Options
    Sorry guys was just asking a simple question which seems to have got blown up. As no one answered the question take it as a no.
  • Options
    Sorry guys was just asking a simple question which seems to have got blown up. As no one answered the question take it as a no.
    Are you honestly attempting to make the point that the Queen does not care for our soldiers?! If so you really are a fool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our street is keeping the bunting up for the olympics! brilliant - it looks fabulous. The party was fun, egg and spoon races, bouncy castle, face painting and a bloke created a laser show from the boot of his car with speakers/decks into the giant gazebos that were put up. Great to meet all the neighbours telling their stories of the last party and also some oldies the coronation!

loved putting the telly on whenever we got a spare moment this weekend to catch coverage; a bit of the show last night, then today a bit of the service and sing song in St Paul's Cathedral then the thousands flooding The Mall and the balcony bit and the fly past. loved it all. can't wait to do it again when Queenie reaches 70 years! Get well soon Phil.

marvellous, the whole thing.
  • Options
    Are you honestly attempting to make the point that the Queen does not care for our soldiers?! If so you really are a fool.
    I have asked a simple question mate, has see mentioned in a speech anything about it this weekend? I have not passed judgment about it or anything just a SIMPLE yes or no answer back would be a real help? I have not watched any of it for whatever reason so don't know myself.
  • Options
    Sat- went up to Leeds wth the missus, watched the England game
    Sun- chilled in Leeds, rained so went and watched The Dictator
    Mon- back to London, saw Coldplay at the Emirates
    Today- slept and chilled infront of tv.
  • Options
    Haven't watched any of the events this weekend and wanted to ask a simple question, not trying to stir anything up but has the queen done any sort of mermioral service for the girls and guys who have lost their lifes fighting for her privilege to be a queen?
    Ignoring for a moment your deliberately provocative spin on things at the end of your question, the answer is yes.

As has been stated, the Queen is the focal point of the Nation's services of Remembrance when she lays a wreath at the Cenotaph each year. Can't quite believe that you've missed that.

However, to also answer your revised "question" as to whether anything specific has been done as part of this weekends Jubilee, then the answer is also yes. As well as the countless numbers of servicemen - serving, non-serving, injured, etc - and their families - that were invited to and attended the various events, during Prince Charles speech last night, which was partly made on behalf of the Queen, he specifically made reference to our servicemen and women and those who had lost their lives. And again today at the service of thanksgiving at St Pauls, the were numerous references to our service personnel.

So, although that is not the answer you were looking or hoping for, I trust that answers your question.

But then if you still still don't want to take it from me, I suggest you go and ask 100 service personnel - past or present - how they feel she treats them.
  • Options
    Haven't watched any of the events this weekend and wanted to ask a simple question, not trying to stir anything up but has the queen done any sort of mermioral service for the girls and guys who have lost their lifes fighting for her privilege to be a queen?
    Ignoring for a moment your deliberately provocative spin on things at the end of your question, the answer is yes.

As has been stated, the Queen is the focal point of the Nation's services of Remembrance when she lays a wreath at the Cenotaph each year. Can't quite believe that you've missed that.

However, to also answer your revised "question" as to whether anything specific has been done as part of this weekends Jubilee, then the answer is also yes. As well as the countless numbers of servicemen - serving, non-serving, injured, etc - and their families - that were invited to and attended the various events, during Prince Charles speech last night, which was partly made on behalf of the Queen, he specifically made reference to our servicemen and women and those who had lost their lives. And again today at the service of thanksgiving at St Pauls, the were numerous references to our service personnel.

So, although that is not the answer you were looking or hoping for, I trust that answers your question.

But then if you still still don't want to take it from me, I suggest you go and ask 100 service personnel - past or present - how they feel she treats them.
    Finally a answer! you have made me very happy!! Thank you!
  • Options
    Our Countries history is built upon people following the alligence to the monarch , from the medieval crusades to the current conflicts across the world , our history and tradition is what makes this country great anyone wants to pick holes in what I have posted tough shit get your rise out of someone else

I love everything about my queen and my country

• Options
    Sorry were all so slow to keep up with you simple questioning woodsy and that when the answer did come as a one word reply, we all realise that we knew it was a yes all along...we were all just so carried away with the moment I guess
  • Options
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    edited June 2012
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Time to give up I think
  • Options
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    So, nothing this weekend then. Pity.
    No nothing this weekend, guys and girls who lost there lives fighting for our freedom will always be in my mind. Once again thank you for your answer. I hope you enjoy the rest of your jubilee celebration.
  • Options
    No further side debating, posts will be deleted.

Got nothing decent to post, don't post anything. And no further digging up of previous posts. Thank you.
  • Options
    Had a great day.

Had all the family round, proper Afternoon Tea party - posh sandwiches, homemade cakes, proper teapot, a little bit of fizz imported across the English Channel, and more Union Jacks than you'd find in the Mall.

Love ceremonial occasions and how wonderful London looks. Clearly not alone as milions lined the streets for successive days, and millions more were glued to the telly.

Long Live the Queen.
  • Options
    Hear hear
  • Options
    Street party today......young, old and infirmed...........another fantastic Jubilee day.......luv ya Liz.