Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v SA 3rd & final Test Lords

SA win toss & bat.

SA 22-1

Smith c Prior B Anderson 14

Engalnd bowling well & ball is swinging under cloud cover.

Comments

• Options
    I saw Graeme Smith outside their team hotel this morning signing autographs, before boarding the team bus (the hotel is next to work)

I said to him "make sure you get out before you reach 20, e.g. by driving at a wide one, and there'll be a £5 and a signed photo of Danny Hollands for you".

• Options
    edited August 2012
    49-2

Petersen c Prior B Finn 22
  • Options
    50-3

Amla B Finn 13
  • Options
    two massive wickets, important match for Finn too. Pleasing.
  • Options
    great bowling by finn. clean through bat and leg knocking top of stumps.
    Looking good. little rain in the air though, should be ok.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Kallis out caught behind on review.
    Dreadful decision
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    54-4

Kallis C Prior B Finn 3 (After review & the decision looked incorrect :-)
  • Options
    Still happy about it though. :-)
  • Options
    Great start lads. Saffers have had a lot of luck in this series so far, about time it turned in our favour. Well done Finn.
  • Options
    looking forward to going tomorrow!
    Little shower at paddington just now, so did they take early lunch? I can see the roof of Lords from my work window!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No still playing.
  • Options
    still playing. no rain at the moment.
  • Options
    I'm always happy to see Kallis getting out. Excellent player and all that, but he's always been willing to claim catches when they've clearly been grounded and he's failed to walk when he knows he's hit the ball. He deserves the odd bad decision against him.
  • Options
    still on now? it's pi$$ing down again!!
  • Options
    65-4 at lunch
  • Options
    Started to rain with a ball to go, but they bowled it & went to lunch.

65-4.
  • Options
    MCS said:

Great start lads. Saffers have had a lot of luck in this series so far, about time it turned in our favour. Well done Finn.

Could not agree more, how much luck has the opener Petersen had? His 180 in the last Test was so lucky it was outrageous, he must have played and missed 20 odd times.

About time England had some luck go their way - the look on Kallis' face was priceless!

• Options

how can anyone dislike cricket when you read sentence like that and it makes sense
  • Options

how can anyone dislike cricket when you read sentence like that and it makes sense
    Lol dont be a hater Gary the game is the don, any sport which stops for lunch and tea has got to be the bees knees!
  • Options
    I hope that rain delays a bit of play as I haven't seen England attack for ages. Last time was in oz. we only ever end up seeing batting and thats not as much fun.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah Suz you had a really unlucky run watching England cricket aint ya!!! Hope it all works out for you ;-)
  • Options
    haha, I did think that when I was sulking over olympic tickets. It's not like I haven't seen other amazing things - I've been very lucky!
    (couldn't go to cafc parachute day though!)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I’ll be hoping it goes to the fifth day. That’s how I’ve seen most cricket matches in the last couple of years.
  • Options
    There are single tickets available for all days. £90 online or turn up & take a chance there may be some cheaper ones left.

Just bought one for tomorrow & going Sunday as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    still a bit expensive for me. rather try and get in for £15/£20 maybe a tenner on some occasions. espicially as i know i'll be drinking a fair bit plus travel, i got to keep the ticket price cheap.
    most fifth days have been pretty good, have been ending around 3, 4 maybe, then off to the pub.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    105-5

de Villiers c Cook B Anderson 27
  • Options
    gone for a cup of Tea and some shortbread biscuits.

151/5 after 54 ovs.

Duminy - 26
    Rudolph - 41

aggers talking to alice cooper on tms.
  • Options
    great interview with yohan blake there
  • Options
    Swann bowled Rudolph, 177-6 at the moment, be good to wrap them up for 250 maximum.
  • Options
    Agree cafcfan1990 - SA bat all the way down, but 250... even with a couple of rookie batsmen and no figjam we should be capable of putting on a lead. Note choice of wording - I've been watching England too long!