Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v SA 3rd & final Test Lords

Comments

• Options
    I went Friday & Sunday. There's no doubt SA are the better team. They have the edge in both batting & bowling.
    We've given them a good game, but there's only going to be one outcome.

NB Had to watch the afternoon's play on the big screen at the Nursery End yesterday as it was far too hot for me in the sun. No doubt it's just me, but how people can sit in that hot sun all day is beyond me.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Len, I always shyte meself when you post on a cricket thread cos 9 times out of 10 it's to say another wicket has gone down!

Sorry!

Well it's a dirty job but someone has to do it.
  • Options
    208-6. Broad 37* & Prior 34*

138 to win, 35.3 overs left.
  • Options

I went Friday & Sunday. There's no doubt SA are the better team. They have the edge in both batting & bowling.
    We've given them a good game, but there's only going to be one outcome.

NB Had to watch the afternoon's play on the big screen at the Nursery End yesterday as it was far too hot for me in the sun. No doubt it's just me, but how people can sit in that hot sun all day is beyond me.

There were plenty of red sweaty faces on friday as we left at the end of the day. thankfully we were in the lower tier and in the shade which had a lovely breeze.
    I've got very sunburnt at cricket before, especially if its breezy and I've had a few pints of pimms!
  • Options
    Well I jinxed that. Next ball, Broad is caught out in the deep.
  • Options
    I'm not going to post anything to jinx this...but if you're not watching turn the tv on.
  • Options
    don't! Guaranteed disaster to start watching something like that.
  • Options
    Surely we can't pull this off...surely...
  • Options
    73 needed.
    26 Overs Left.
    3 Wickets in hand
  • Options
    I think SA are just letting the fans get a bit excited. These two need to pretty much see it out. A new ball is due soon aswell. Steyn, Philander and Morkel are too good to lose this. We won't score more than 300.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hope we just keep hitting it around the park, don't start playing slowly
  • Options
    New Ball due in three over, buys us a bit of time for caution, we will hold our nerve?
  • Options
    run rate of 3 won't be an issue, especially with these 2. New ball due any minute though.
  • Options
    66 off 151. New ball 2.1 overs.
  • Options
    The last 25 mins have allowed us to be cautious against the new ball...hopefully. Come on boys
  • Options
    the bbc text feed is like a match day thread on here - refresh refresh refresh!!!
  • Options
    fucking stupid england
  • Options
    Swann run out
  • Options
    Mike said:

fucking stupid england

Language Timothy

• Options
    Bollocks. All up to how well Prior can protect the tail-enders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no protecting, he needs to hit bout 10 balls for 6 and we will win
  • Options
    It's the hope that kills ya.
  • Options
    Run outs are criminal in this form of cricket and we've had two!
  • Options
    oh no Swanny!
  • Options

no protecting, he needs to hit bout 10 balls for 6 and we will win

True, but with a new ball imminent surely Jimmy and Finn wont survive long enough.
  • Options
    I would snap your hand off if you gave me the win now.

24 overs left
    63 needed
    2 wickets left
  • Options
    And that is that.
  • Options
    nah, its all over now. Strauss, Cook, Bell and Taylor scored 12 between them. If one of them had made a fifty we could have won.
  • Options
    No ball!!
  • Options
    amazing scenes