Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v SA 3rd & final Test Lords

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:

MCS said:

Good knock by those 2, specially Bairstow nice little player, and great colour barnet!

He looks very like his dad David.

RIP
    What a lovely man David Bairstow was, and what a tragedy that he felt the need to do what he did.

I am desperately hoping that Jonny Bairstow succeeds - for Engalnd's sake, for his sake, for his mum's (she has invested so much energy in his career) but most of all for Bluey's.
  • Options
    Prior out to the first delivery of the new ball. What a complete d*ck.
    Fancy having a go at the first ball, instead of watching it for a few overs.
    Very disappointing.

221-6.
  • Options
    254-7

Broad c Amla b Steyn 16.
  • Options
    264-8

Bairstow b Steyn 95 (What a shame).
  • Options
    absolutely gutted for the lad plus broads batting is shite was never gonna be the next fred
  • Options
    Good thing he's picked for his bowling ability then.
  • Options
    Morkel got the wicket of Bairstow, but agreed, big shame he couldn't get the ton.

Good thing he's picked for his bowling ability then.

really? Haven't seen much evidence of that recently

• Options
    Assume you didn't see him take 8 of the 19 SA wickets in Leeds then?
  • Options
    I did, but I have also seen him bowl in the first innings and in the first Test. IMO - is only falling further behind Finn and Anderson. His batting is keeping him in the team at the moment ahead of Onions, who the management really like as a bowler.
  • Options
    I haven't got anything against Broad, I would like to be proved wrong, but just don't think he's bowled well over the last year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England lead by 6 after the 1st innings.
  • Options
    Draw all over this.
  • Options
    I don't think it will be a draw because England need to attack, I think they will set us 350 to 400 and win by about 50 runs
  • Options
    Smith gone, need to get at least 2 more tonight to stand a chance, maybe three
  • Options
    well played Broad, I will eat my words, but all too happy to do so
  • Options

Draw all over this.

Far too soon to make the decision, in recent years Lord's has generally been a good batsman's wicket, but this Test is essentially a one innings match now, and we could see any of all four possible results.

• Options

I haven't got anything against Broad, I would like to be proved wrong, but just don't think he's bowled well over the last year

Broad has bowled well over the last year - so well that he's been nominated as one of the ICC player of the year nominations.

Saying that he hasn't bowled well in this series despite some wickets at Headingley. The rhythm isn't quite there and he's tending to collapse in the follow through. He needs to concentrate on hitting the deck and not in trying to skid the ball off the surface.

• Options

Broad has bowled well over the last year - so well that he's been nominated as one of the ICC player of the year nominations.

Saying that he hasn't bowled well in this series despite some wickets at Headingley. The rhythm isn't quite there and he's tending to collapse in the follow through. He needs to concentrate on hitting the deck and not in trying to skid the ball off the surface.

Yer I checked his record and he hasn't done bad at all. I apologize for that. Just when I have seen him I haven't been impressed at all. Hasn't looked as dangerous as the others, especially in limited overs just didn't impress me.
  • Options
    66-2

Petersen lbw b Broad
  • Options

in his last 15 tests he averages something like 16/17 with the ball so im afraid your definitely wrong there

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    nothing wrong with the bowlers this yr cant expect them to get teams out for under 200 time and time again the batsmen aren't performing regularly enough Trott has had a poor year and a half and Strauss hasnt got long left and isnt as good technically as others and we havnt had a number 6 for the whole yr with that changing each match and now kps out of the team the batting lineup is even more unsettled
  • Options

in his last 15 tests he averages something like 16/17 with the ball so im afraid your definitely wrong there

really? Didn't realise his average was that good. Yer suppose I am wrong, although I don't mind admitting that considering you did the exact same thing next comment. Trott has had a poor year and a half? One day - 2 centuries before the world cup and then 5 fifties in the world cup lol. Not good enough? Double ton genst Sri Lanka. Admittedly his form wasn't quite as good but still averaging over 50. I'm afraid you're definitely wrong there ;)
  • Options

really? Didn't realise his average was that good. Yer suppose I am wrong, although I don't mind admitting that considering you did the exact same thing next comment. Trott has had a poor year and a half? One day - 2 centuries before the world cup and then 5 fifties in the world cup lol. Not good enough? Double ton genst Sri Lanka. Admittedly his form wasn't quite as good but still averaging over 50. I'm afraid you're definitely wrong there ;)
    haha fair play but i was talking tests only where his average is roughly 30 in the last year so still think im right sorry
  • Options
    seeing as he hit a double ton last year v Sri Lanka, I doubt his average is only 30. Where you getting this from?
  • Options
    Regardless, to criticise who has certainly been our second best batsman behind Cook over the last few years is ridiculous. I agree about Strauss though, I think his time is certainly ticking but not sure there is any obvious replacements, especially if KP is no longer considered. Maybe Root but not sure.
  • Options
    saw it in the last test averaged only 30 in 2012 and high 30s in 2011 still rate him though just saying our batting does need to improve
  • Options
    I agree that our batting needs to improve, I also agree that Strauss hasn't been good enough and our line up in the middle order has been anything but consistent. I just don't agree that Trott has had a bad year and a half, I just believe he set the bar very high, and he hasn't matched it over the last year. I said the same about Cook and was slated. They haven't performed amazingly well since the Ashes but only because they were so good then.
  • Options
    yh well all batsman go through them spells cook went through the same thing and i never doubted his ability neither do i doubt trotts however if u look at trotts recent dismisals they have been very rash for someone so consistently calm this is just a bad spell wouldnt suprise me if he hit a century next innings, i really like the look of bairstow definitely a better bet than taylor who is also a quality player just may have to wait a while what u think? i also think finn should now be starting every game and not bresnan even tho bres is a legend and has a remarkable england record something like 13 wins out of 14 and a bowling average of 26
  • Options
    Nah I agree mate its just a shame nobody is looking in top quality nick out of Cook, Bell and Trott but they need to improve to chase down the second innings target if we wanna be number 1. I agree bout Bairstow, top class player and agree with what they said about him, no he has 1 big innings we will hopefully see him impose himself more and he can certainly become a big player. Also like the look of Taylor, see him as the long term replacement of Trott, is capable of scratching a useful 30/40 in difficult circumstances. Yer Bresnan has a good record without ever looking amazing if you no what I mean. He never looks capable of taking wicket after wicket but delivers and can be a handy batsman. For me, Finn is absolute class and needs to be playing all the time. Broad has the edge over Bres at 8 for the minute. I think the management really like Onions aswell, but him, Finn and Anderson are all weak with the bat.
    Going to be a really interesting couple of days, 3/4 players need to stand up and be counted if we are going to stay Number 1.
  • Options
    Why again did Finn have to wait to get stuck in with the new ball? Hopefully after getting two he will run through the Saffers!