Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v SA 3rd & final Test Lords

Comments

• Options
    Mike said:

great interview with yohan blake there

i missed that.
    could you understand what he was saying? what with his accent and quick talking.
  • Options
    yeah he was easy to understand slowed it right down.

On another note, Graham Onions has got 9-67 today and ran the 10th out for durham
  • Options
    I really do not understand why the ECB do not pick batsmen who have been scoring loads of runs in the county championship. The last time they did was with Trott and he is arguably our best bat. I think they should have picked Nick Compton of Somerset above Bairstow who has not coped well on the international stage.
  • Options
    cafc4ever said:

I really do not understand why the ECB do not pick batsmen who have been scoring loads of runs in the county championship. The last time they did was with Trott and he is arguably our best bat. I think they should have picked Nick Compton of Somerset above Bairstow who has not coped well on the international stage.

The same reason Mark Ramprakash never did himself justice on the international stage. For the most part its a mental thing, he has to keep on performing (have 2-3 good seasons) before the ECB will take a chance on him
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    262-7 close of play. I was hoping we'd shoot them out for 250 the way we started. However, it looks a good batting wicket & they should have scored at least 400 (still might).

If we can get them out for close to 300 and score 400 ourselves we'll obviously be in a good position.

However, with 2 rookie batsmen I'm not confident, but am hopeful, we'll do that.
  • Options
    early close? thought it went on till half seven.
  • Options
    They went off a couple of overs early at 18.30, due to bad light.
    The light was poor & then one of the floodlights (which had been on for a few overs) went out.
    They stayed on until Finn hit Philander (46no) with a bouncer.
    Steyn was about 23no (nearly all streaky).

I'm going tomorrow, so I'll leave the updates to you guys.
  • Options
    Just feel the England batsmen are a bit cosy and the fact they only play four bowlers makes me wonder how much confidence there really is the batting order.People are edgy and they are only 262-7.
    Also wondering why Broad is still in the team he is looking a bit off colour,that attack doesnt need to carry anyone with the likes of Bresnan and Onions not in the starting XI.
  • Options
    Is that the first time a cricket game has been called off due to a floodlight failure, and were there any suspicious betting patterns beforehand?!?
  • Options
    Feel Ramprakash was a touch unlucky,every time he got a go it seemed to be against a terrifying West Indies pace attack with their tails up when some of the England order got hamstring twinges !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England 39-2

70 needed to avoid the follow on!
  • Options
    Oh dear could be the wheels off the wagon now!
  • Options
    Make that 39-3!
  • Options
    Hope Taylor makes big runs though,shut that fool Peiterson up!!
  • Options
    Not going well at all, be good if the youngsters can grab a few headlines
  • Options
    55-4
  • Options
    oh dear,maybe he is a big mouth kp but his far better than anyone else
  • Options
    This is the best thing that could happen for KP, boy do we miss him at number 4.
  • Options
    92-4 (trail by 217).
  • Options
    well the number 4 is still their at the moment, but only cos Bell moved up. Taylor out for 10, KP is certainly being missed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    At least we have avoided the follow on!

121-4
  • Options
    165-4 progressing quite nicely, 50 's for Bairstow and Bell
  • Options
    more like it now
  • Options
    Good knock by those 2, specially Bairstow nice little player, and great colour barnet!
  • Options
    MCS said:

Good knock by those 2, specially Bairstow nice little player, and great colour barnet!

He looks very like his dad David.

RIP
  • Options
    Bell out, Prior needs to hit a fifty and Bairstow a ton
  • Options
    Paid quite a lot for my ticket tomorrow but couldn't ask for a better match/weather scenario :)

Just hope I can stay awake after this mornings flight..
  • Options
    183-5
  • Options
    Great knock by Bairstow, that took a lot of guts and application.

Desperately need the tail to wag tomorrow, cannot afford to lose early wickets and really need Bairstow and Prior to stay there til lunch and then squeeze some runs out of Broad and Swann too. Their tail-enders showed the way, we have to follow.

This is proper Test cricket, would love to win but just watching five days of genuine competition like this between two very good sides is a pleasure.
  • Options
    Spot on Ormy this is a fantastic test match, would of loved to have been at home yesterday in my pants on the sofa watching Bell and Taylor (then Bairstow) grind it out for not many runs against that attack which keeps on impressing me more and more. I hadn't seen much of Philander but what I have seen of him in this series they have un earthed a real gem! Add to that now having him allows opening with MM an VP with Steyn as first change, thats impressive. Good good.