Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Leicester 2-1 (2012) Post-Match Views & Opinion

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
Great win and a promising start to the 2012/13 Championship season. Post-Match reaction below please!

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2012

Obviously a bit nervous at the end but great result against a team who will definitely be up there.
  • Options
  • Options
    Two fantastic results to start the season, so pleased for Yann tonight.
  • Options
    outstanding result .. it sounds as though we dogged out a great win
  • Options
    Two good results so far against two sides who are expected to be in the running for promotion.

Ricado Fuller signed and we need him - our bench looks a tad inexperienced.

And I've a feeling these tense last few minutes will be a regular feature of the season. Sometimes we will be the hunter, somtimes the hunted.
  • Options
    Yeah top result. 4 point from 6 - very happy. Should mean a big crowd on Saturday
  • Options
    5 places behind man utd. Have that.
  • Options
    3rd
  • Options
    Wow cp, well done the lads
  • Options
    Got to be pleased with four points from six, sounds positive, showed some kahunas to hold on and defend the win. Massive confidence booster for the team and good to see BWP off the mark. Nice one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like we defended far too deep for most of the 2nd half. We are much better going forward & having a go at teams. It's a risky strategy to just try & defend leads against teams as good as Leicester. But well done lads, it worked tonight. Maybe we need a plan B in the future though.
  • Options
    That was some match thread to do...but wow did I enjoy that!!, I have got both scores right so far this season...so happy with that.....wont be doing the match thread on Saturday as I will be at the game.......hope we get another win.....think we have the basis of a great team here..and with Fuller signing today that adds something different.......in the Lib sat for a pint or two see ya then.
  • Options
    100+ point campaign confirmed
  • Options
    wow... after three years, well more like loads of years of crud I am absolutely loving this ... this season has the potential to be an absolute magic ...

What a result, Fuller in, and getting the resilience that we needed, that will be confidence in terms of seeing our games, Powelly will be doing the drills to make sure they can do more of it ...

very very pleased with it all...
  • Options
    Relief, but also feel that some of last seasons belief is still in tact. Powell has his squad of players playing for each other still. A great backs to wall 2nd half will boost their belief in each other too. Early days but this may just start to worry opponents that we are Charlton. Thanks RM.
  • Options
    match stats addicks first-:
    possession..........50 - 50
    shots on.............. 7 - 6
    shots off.............. 2 - 9
    corners................. 6 - 4
    GOALS...................2 - 1
  • Options
    If we don`t win on Saturday it is your fault for abandoning your post Redmidland!
  • Options
    edited August 2012

If we don`t win on Saturday it is your fault for abandoning your post Redmidland!

No bloody pressure then!!! ;-)

• Options
    BWP - the best I've seen him play. Wiggins, Morrro stand up and be counted lads, well done. Leicester will be up there at the end of the season. Two or three additions to the squad/side needed to ensure we are competitive all season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

outstanding result .. it sounds as though we dogged out a great win

Is that what was going on in the car park?

Great night and yet more to come from this team. Not getting carried away just yet but we have demonstrated that we can more than compete with two of the best teams there will be this year. Hopefully we can put this summers strife behind us now.
  • Options

No bloody pressure then!!!

Much appreciated Red
  • Options
    Not being able to get to the Valley very often the games wouldn`t be the same without your updates Sir Redmidland, thanks again.
  • Options
    Does anyone else feel like they've just woken up from a very long and very bad dream?
  • Options
    Top banana.

The normal order of things is restored...Number one in South London once more!

Although I think that was the state of things on Saturday evening, TBH.....
  • Options
    Does anyone have a photo of Kermos goal celebration? I want it as my screen wallpaper at work tomorrow.
  • Options
    Oh no, Wendies above us ........ expect a visit from Swinetrek to put in his tuppence worth!
  • Options
    I was a bit worried before the start of the season about the gap between L1 and the CCC but it now looks like we are going to be competitive in this league.

Certainly no comparison with the shower of shit that Pardew was sending out there in 2008 - and probably costing about 1/4 of the wages too.
  • Options
    Cracking result, great start. Shows me the importance of keeping the defence intact. Chris Solly must not be allowed to go anywhere. 4 points absolutely top end of my expectation.

Those of us who rely on Player are going to have to get something done about the commentary though. I hate to have a go at Peter Finch, since he's a willing and hardworking amateur. But there should be a pro alongside him, and the BBC has plenty of them.And we pay good money for this.
  • Options
    Following RM's thread on here, all the tension. Great job.

Love the resilliance of this side of ours.

So pleased for Yann, not forgetting Morro and SCP, of course!