Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Leicester 2-1 (2012) Post-Match Views & Opinion

Comments

• Options
    great team performance - morro & bwp as joint MOTM

HOWEVER (yes, there is always one)

we still lack width - no matter how good pritchard may be, we still lack a proper wide man, For some parts of the game (esp 1st half) we were playing with 3 men all within 10 yards of each other, so when Stephens or Hollands got the ball there was no real outlet. I would prefer Green out wide right.............and also someone who can run with the ball - sometimes we are too pedestrian and are caught with the ball.
  • Options
    Left-Field as it were, but AB noticed that maybe has the pitch been reduced in size, by maybe a couple of metres in both length and width. Seemed a bit different to me as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Oi @Leicester_City some one wants you to shut up:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Match report (sort of):

Now that game nearly gave me multiple heart attacks and I'm a fit and healthy 16 year old. It really was that great. The support from us was alot louder than last season and that made the atmosphere fantastic as the Leicester fans were hardly quiet either (they only sang that shit Palarse song once as well).

As for the stuff on the pitch I'm now confident we can in the finish top half of the table due to team spirit. We were better than City in the first half but not by much, the difference was an on fire BWP who buried his chance right into the corner against the run of play and a man called Yann seeking revenge (see pic above). Also as for BWP this is the best I've seen him play in terms of all round performance. He tucked away his one chance and narrowly missed another. However he ran his socks off for the full time when he was on the pitch and his passing and first touch was very much improved from last season. Also I don't know if its just me but he seemed alot faster than last year as well which caused a few problems for City's defense. If he continues to play like that he'll be un-play able. On top of this he and Yann seemed to link up alot better as well which can only bode well for the future.

Now in the second half after City equalised and started throwing everything at us we defended heroically and the fans really got behind the team. How The Foxes didn't score more than one will be a mystery as a whole catalogue of chances kept on coming and they all just kept on going either over the bar or being acrobatically saved by Hamer. When Dyer ran through on goal it had to be the equaliser but no he shot and Hamer saved then a couple of moments later another City player fell on his back side while having a clear sight of goal. When the ball was cleared there was an almighty roar from all sides of the ground urging the team to hang on and this pattern continued with the Foxes squandering a chance but each time we were equal to it and managed to bring the ball to safety (the best example of this was when Solly beat 4 players on the right looked knackered so he kicked the ball of Konchesky for a throw and got a standing ovation from the crowd for his efforts). Somehow after the ref blew his whistle we had won, what a game and bring on Hull!!!!!

COYR!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I can't sleep, want to see the goals. :/
  • Options
    Skysports news got all Championship goals on in a bit, if anyone is interested ;)
  • Options
    Cheers turning over now
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    First Half
    We were quality, play like that and no reason we couldnt get autos. Superior in every way.

Second Half
    The reason we wont get autos. We wont come away with 3 points if we keep playing 45 mins like that

Glad for Kerm, shame it wasnt a chip from the halfway line.
    Still think we have a problem with being to deep. Powell thinks so as well, screaming at some of them to push out, just like I noticed some times last season.
    In those last 15 mins, either stephens or one of the strikers needs to be in that space in the middle, stop them taking control
  • Options
    Np Matt, hope we don't have to wait too long. Need to catch some ZzZzz
  • Options
    I wish I had Sky sports : (
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gazcafc81 said:
    Bollocks, it says web page not available where the vid should be : (
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    http://www.thefirstrow.eu/

Damn it should be in drop down list fella. 3rd from top.

Click away all the ads
  • Options
    The first time 1st row sports has failed me, cheers for your efforts Gaz but its just not working.
  • Options
    Ahh that not cool, try a different browser?? Chrome/Firefox or Opera??

Keep trying mate, no goals been shown yet. Also make sure you got flash installed.
  • Options
    Great game. Super attacking play in 1st half; dogged defending in the second. 3 points. Happiness!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Got a stream I haven't missed it yet have I? On Weds right now.

Loved the footage of Yann ssssssshhhhhing their lot.
  • Options
    Nice one mate. off to bed.

Admin delete these posts as "taking away from /thread" ;)

Cheers
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Look what I found (goal is about 45 secs in):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrAYRZQ80fI&feature=g-u-u
  • Options
    See everyones giving the atmosphere a 10/10 in the other thread..

Yeah, first half was electric, and so was the end. But when we came out for the second half there was utter utter silence for 10/15 minutes from both ends, coincidentally this is when we went down a gear and never went back up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ref was good until the end when he seemed to want to gift Leicester an equaliser - the fouls he didn't call were close to scandelous - never mind, we won but I wasn't happy.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Left-Field as it were, but AB noticed that maybe has the pitch been reduced in size, by maybe a couple of metres in both length and width. Seemed a bit different to me as well.

During the seat cleaning we had a chance to talk to Paddy about the pitch and he says theres a new rule about standardised pitch sizes
  • Options
    Pleased someone else noticed the pitch size as we commented that we thought it was slightly narrower by around a metre, might have just been an optical illusion?
  • Options
    great game great passion. Leicester impressed me no end and how the hell has Vardy been playing non league for so long, quality quality player. BWP and Morro were different gravy, slighrly concerned with Stephens and Jacko as I think the pace may hurt them but to be fair we played one of the best teams in the league last night.
  • Options

As i'm in Akbuk in Turkey where player does not work, all I have is you Red and if you are not there on Saturday then my 5 minute page refreshes after wifi cutting out every 10 minutes just will not be the same. Great win tonight though. Onwards and upwards COYR

Thanks for the support its much appreciated...however I only go to 3 games all season...this one against Hull, one over Xmas/New Year and the final home game....other than that I'll be doing the match threads unless we are on TV.....mind you there is always someone that'll do the thread.....so you shouldn't miss out...keep refreshing and see the addicks all the way to the top!!! Cheers RMid

• Options
    The opposite of when we were last in this league. Individually a lot of those Leicester players are better than what we had but as a team we were just a tad superior. They were class but lacked that cutting edge which was strange for a team with some many top strikers. God knows how many chances they missed.

Ricardo Fuller being paraded at half-time was the icing on the cake! Charlton are back, Charlton are back!
  • Options

As i'm in Akbuk in Turkey where player does not work, all I have is you Red and if you are not there on Saturday then my 5 minute page refreshes after wifi cutting out every 10 minutes just will not be the same. Great win tonight though. Onwards and upwards COYR

Thanks for the support its much appreciated...however I only go to 3 games all season...this one against Hull, one over Xmas/New Year and the final home game....other than that I'll be doing the match threads unless we are on TV.....mind you there is always someone that'll do the thread.....so you shouldn't miss out...keep refreshing and see the addicks all the way to the top!!! Cheers RMid

I will be doing the commentary on Saturday, but I won't nearly as good as RM, so tune in as usual.

• Options
    I've run out of superlatives, it was simply the best game I can remember for many a year. Apart from Leicester being very good and wishing we had Vardy on our side, the stand out observation for me was the fact that we have a gutsy team with a phenomenal team spirit . IMO, it doesn't get much better than this.
  • Options
    great performance by us and was also impressed with leicesters passing and pace of the game.

only downside for me personally, is where i have chose my s/t. i have a bloke behind me who thinks he is a comedian, commenting on everything and making sure everyone hears his 'jokes'. and a woman next to me who last night, described one of our players as a 'lightweight glory boy'. this player, BRADLEY PRITCHARD!
    i now know headphones Norm's rationale.
  • Options
    Couldn't be there last night as I'm still on holiday in Spain. Was following the match via the Sky Sports App and got a few funny looks in the restaurant we were eating in when I shouted out 'get in' as we went 2 up. Only thing to disappoint me was the crowd. Thought that it would've been higher. Bring on Hull. COYR