Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

dale stephens villa bid

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:

don't want to lose him.

There's plenty more fish in the sea love !
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Don't rate him that highly anyway tbf... Anything over 700k and I'd snatch their hand off.

could regret saying that

• Options

We can cover his loss by bringing in Pritchard to the centre and playing Wilson wide right but if we get an injury - not good!

Wilson is nowhere near as good as Stephens. If we start Wilson centre mid we are screwed
  • Options
    I didn't realise he split opinion as much
  • Options
    Good player but then we may see Quinn or another sign
  • Options
    He was one of those quiet players that rested benignly under some supporters radar. I'd slowly become a convert to the Stephen's camp and I reckon that we are going to miss him a lot.
  • Options
    Everyone has their price. Here's hoping we get the true value, IF he goes
  • Options
    When it's on the OS.

Going to be lots of these rumours over the next few days.
  • Options
    I like him and I do like Quinn too. But Quinn is a Lm I think so would mean jacko would go in the centre IF we were to get Quinn.

Personally think we will miss Dale if he goes
  • Options
    he wont be easy to replace
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Pritchard in the middle his passing is getting better and he is more mobile unless SCP has something or someone else lined up

• Options
    Be an interesting next 5 days that's for sure

• Options
    Its all well and good selling players but only if you replace them with the same sort of quality or better. Is it the fact that the players salarys have now increased now we have got promoted that we are breaking up a succsesful team.
  • Options
    If he goes to Villa, the way they are performing he could be playing against us next year:-) And so could Bent......
  • Options
    We had a first team squad of battling Hero's last season and IMHO I think Dale was one of he slight disappointments. Never see him "running" a midfield even in league one. I have hopes for him but I won't be devastated if he leaves as long as we get in a decent replacement.
  • Options

Its all well and good selling players but only if you replace them with the same sort of quality or better. Is it the fact that the players salarys have now increased now we have got promoted that we are breaking up a succsesful team.

In fairness though it was a team that was successfull at a lower level. If selling Stephens means we can bring in a player (or retain the current players) who will help us bridge that sizeable gap then it's good business.

I don't think Powell will stand for flogging him with no replacement.
  • Options
    Shame if he goes but like Solly you can't turn down good cash for unproven players at this level but I like Stephens though as inbetween the workmanlike Charlton ethic I like to see a bit of flair.

Just need to get another in.

• Options
    I don't really know how to value players these days, but I thought £1m was like small change down the back of the settee for prem clubs these days.
  • Options
    If we need some cash then rather it be Stephens than Solly, much better business for the club. We could loan a midfield player in, ex prem to cover the squad shortage
  • Options
    Bit early to say whether he would cut it in the champ or not don't you think?

Looked like he was starting to turn the screw on sat until the monsoon showed up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't particularly rate Stephens and I'd rather he go than Solly. Or any other first teamer tbh
  • Options
    Solly will be gone by the end of the week as well.
  • Options
    Will be diasppointed to see him go cos I thought he'd filled out a bit more when I saw him against leicester
    He seems to have a bit more time on the ball than others and if he's only 22 ?? he really has got time on his side to improve and I'd like to have seen him develop and his corners are pretty tastey and without him or green playing we don't have anyone delivering that much quality , I think pin up boy solly even took some last year and his delivery isn't all that imo
  • Options

Bit early to say whether he would cut it in the champ or not don't you think?

Looked like he was starting to turn the screw on sat until the monsoon showed up.

I'm confused. People seem to think Stephens is Zico.

He's a tidy player and I dare say will become a decent player but if Villa are offering us good money NOW we should take it and move on. If rumours are to be believed he wanted to go back oop north and it seems we could do with the money. I trust SCP to get in an able replacement (I still want Wordsworth and Ritchie from Swindon)

• Options
    But the money being mentioned is not that good imo.

There's something about Stephens that is a cut above anything we have. He's by no means the finished article i'll admit, but with steady improvement at this level Id be willing to say we'd get at least double the mentioned amounts in say 6 months to a years time.
  • Options
    When he was disapointing / frustrating in league one people were saying he would be better suited to The Championship. Now I'm hearing that he's definitely better suited to the premiership. I think there is definitely a decent footballer in there but teasing him out seems to be a lot harder than we would all have hoped. if we could afford the luxury of persevering with Dale I would be happy for that but if we need to sell to either survive and or reinvest then so be it.
  • Options
    Stephens may be one of those players who actually performs better in a higher division - he'll certainly have more time/space to pick a pass (which he can certainly do), and his crossing & set pieces are certainly up there.

But if you lined up all the players we have that could conceivably attract a Prem bid (say, Hamer, Solly, Morrison, Wiggins, Kermo and, it seems, Stephens) i'd certainly take the sale of Stephens above any of those others.

• Options
    Richard Cawley now tweeting that this rumour has legs
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'll be very sad to see any player leave that CP obviously rates. He played an important role last season and I'd like to see how he steps up this.

AV are desperate and watching MOD at the weekend their rubbish midfield could only be improved by a player with skill and the opportunity to prove himself at top level.
  • Options
    Oh well it's all bollOx then if Crawley says it

Makes you laugh how many things get told to people on here before Crawley gets them