Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

dale stephens villa bid

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2012
    If Stephens does go might give an opportunity to young Bover to get a look in which, from what Ive seen from him, I would welcome! Though it was a shame we hardly looked at Alonso last season and before you know what you go they are gone!
  • Options
    Olly said:

If Stephens does go might give an opportunity to young Bover to get a look in which, from what Ive seen from him, I would welcome! Though it was a shame we hardly looked at Alonso last season and before you know what you go they are gone!

Alonso was just a rumour
    Please therefore put any comments about him being part of CAFC last season the the rumours thread
  • Options

It's easier to replace a right back than a creative midfielder, however if we want to move forward, rather than backwards, we need to keep our best players unless we are offered silly money. Both have great potential and will only get better.

A very simplistic view I think. We need cash. Nothing to do with moving forward or backwards, or statements of intent. We need money.

• Options
    Main thing is that Stephens leaving MUST mean 2 midfielders coming in. We were already short in that area, loosing him and not replacing him would be suicide and leave us woefully short in midfield.
  • Options

Main thing is that Stephens leaving MUST mean 2 midfielders coming in. We were already short in that area, loosing him and not replacing him would be suicide and leave us woefully short in midfield.

Bit naive .. but applaud the hope !!!
  • Options

Nah - not saying I expect it, more that anything less and we are in the brown stuff.
  • Options

Nah - not saying I expect it, more that anything less and we are in the brown stuff.
    yeah I know mate .. just pulling your leg
  • Options
    Someone on here last week said 2 in 2 out
  • Options
    Whats Thomas Graveson up to these days? :-0
  • Options
    What a signing he wouldve been back then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's easier to replace a right back than a creative midfielder, however if we want to move forward, rather than backwards, we need to keep our best players unless we are offered silly money. Both have great potential and will only get better.

A very simplistic view I think. We need cash. Nothing to do with moving forward or backwards, or statements of intent. We need money.

That was the excuse when we sold Darren Bent, 15 million in the bank and we still ended up bankrupt and in the third division. Oh, but we needed the cash then didn't we! We needed the cash a lot more a few years later.

• Options
    The fact that two clubs have made bids for our players doesn't prove anything about the club's finances - the key will be whether we accept the bids and if we do at what level? Then, how much of the money goes back into the team.
  • Options

That was the excuse when we sold Darren Bent, 15 million in the bank and we still ended up bankrupt and in the third division. Oh, but we needed the cash then didn't we! We needed the cash a lot more a more

Harsh realities of football finances

• Options

The fact that two clubs have made bids for our players doesn't prove anything about the club's finances - the key will be whether we accept the bids and if we do at what level? Then, how much of the money goes back into the team.

problem is we will never know at what level the fees are, in or out, because officially they will all be undisclosed

• Options
    I would personally be disappointed if he left because I think that there is definately potential there for him to become a quality footballer at at least this level. However, if selling Stephens meant that we could keep the rest of the squad together then I would be OK with that as well.
  • Options

problem is we will never know at what level the fees are, in or out, because officially they will all be undisclosed

Maybe, maybe not but we'll see what we do in terms of strengthening teh sqaud.

• Options

I completely agree, I don't mind selling either if the price is right. But obviously if none or hardly none is reinvested then it is worrying. If these two go, we need to sign 3/4 to compensate. And we could still make a profit.
  • Options

Do clubs that are publicly traded have to disclose fees paid ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Do clubs that are publicly traded have to disclose fees paid ?
    No.

West Ham did announce the Jarvis fee but that may have been Wolves doing.

• Options
    A good example - If a club gets what they consider a good price for a player, I would imagine they are quite keen to announce it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fee quoted for Dale is not enough for a CCC regular of a side destined for tophalf.
  • Options
    The thing with our players is- I reckon most if not all will increase in Value over the course of this season.
  • Options
    Would not be happy if Stephens was to leave. I think he is a decent footballer who could definately get better with more games at this level.

If we knew we could spend the money on a replacement then that is not ideal but understandable. If we had another midfielder at his level or strength in depth in that position, then again, it would be understandable. But I fear if we lose him and get no one it underlines we are in the kak.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley now reporting - Villa have offerd £600,000 - we have demanded 1.4 M (Stephens)
  • Options
    Haven't seen a game yet this season and i understand he has been playing better than last season. Based on last season's performances though i'd say he probably does need replacing. Can look very good in patches but only seems capable of just that - patches of good play, rather than 90 minutes. If we sell and replace him then i'd say CP is thinking along similar lines and is controlling this situation rather than Stephens or Villa so wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Richard Cawley now reporting - Villa have offerd £600,000 - we have demanded 1.4 M (Stephens)

will end up around 1m then, maybe 1.1m

• Options
    I doubt it - if we have siad we want £1.4m, I would assume that is what they need to find.
  • Options
    I think you're right Dan. Do Oldham have a sell-on clause?
  • Options

Bubble said:

will end up around 1m then, maybe 1.1m

3m for him and Solly will do me.
  • Options
    nah we want at least 3mil for Solly.