Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Button signs

Comments

• Options
    JTJT
    edited August 2012
    2 champ players for every position
  • Options
    There is no way on Gods earth we have paid anyway near 500k for him.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Why not? What draws you to that conclusion? A deal rising up to £500k is more than possible.
  • Options
    Rising to 500k possibly.
  • Options
    Hopefully a good signing, keep Hamer on his toes, genuine competition for a starting place.

CP obviously doesn't feel that Sully is pushing Hamer and will go on loan, he needs regular games.
  • Options
    could Hamer be on the move ??
  • Options
    Have no idea about how good or bad spurs 4th choice keepr is but could be worse we could have got newcastles 3rd choice
  • Options
    Hamer to palace for 8p, the end is nigh.
  • Options

Plaaayer said:

Why not? What draws you to that conclusion? A deal rising up to £500k is more than possible.
    for that he needs to ...

(1) play 1000 games between now and the end of the season
    (2) run faster over 10K than Mo Farah
    (3) Win the World Cup with Brazil
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how tall is he?
  • Options
    6 ft 3
  • Options
    Was told Saturday morning that we were in talks with him by my mate who plays for Spurs. Says he's a fantastic keeper. Think he was quite surprised when I told him he wont be our number one though
  • Options
    Hamer is going nowhere. Button is back up.
  • Options

Have no idea about how good or bad spurs 4th choice keepr is but could be worse we could have got newcastles 3rd choice

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Always makes me laugh when a club like Spurs or Man U sell a player for less than 500k as it hardly makes a dent in their bank balance. It might pay a player his wages for a month....wow big deal. Help out the smaller teams (and the player) and give them away on a free transfer! Now, can we have Rooney or Giggs please?
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Always makes me laugh when a club like Spurs or Man U sell a player for less than 500k as it hardly makes a dent in their bank balance. It might pay a player his wages for a month....wow big deal. Help out the smaller teams (and the player) and give them away on a free transfer! Now, can we have Rooney or Giggs please?

Yes but they want a development fee.
  • Options
    Rooney and Giggs.

Sauce?
  • Options
    happy enough with this
  • Options
    cafckev said:

I was involved in a negotation with Daniel Levy for the new Spurs stadium and I can tell you he cares deeply about and is willing to fight for every last pound, let alone £500K.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer's going nowhere, though no real surprise to see people putting two and two together and coming up with five.

Sullivan is not good enough and never once has he convinced me in the games that he has played.
  • Options
    Remember one of his last loan games for Barnsley at home against West Ham last season, when they lost 4.0 - he had a shocker. Not sure if he is any better than Sullivan TBH. Hopefully he will just be back up. Pope is nearly 21 - I thought he was going to be pushing forwards this year towards the bench.
  • Options
    We've signed Buttons ... we're skint i tell ya.
  • Options
    Been told its around £200-250k up front, with adds ons included, from my usual very reliable source. Lloris due to be completed in next 24-48hrs.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Been told its around £200-250k up front, with adds ons included, from my usual very reliable source. Lloris due to be completed in next 24-48hrs.

Do you reckon that is value for money then?
  • Options
    That's a lot of money for a backup keeper. Do wish we'd spend on improving the first team.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I just cant believe we are that much in the crap financially yet still spend fees on 2 players this summer (regardless of how much the fees were, you dont spend anything if you are in that much trouble). We also know we have bid money for DNG.

Seriously, if Stephens goes and we bring in Quinn and Hammill maybe it wouldnt be surprising....

• Options
    cafc_joe said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Do you reckon that is value for money then?
    He's a decent keeper. Miles better than Ben Alnwick. Not sure if we've dumped him yet or not. Got a fair bit of league experience too, given the number of times he was loaned out.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Seems a strange one ..... £500,000.
    I was looking at Sullivan on Saturday at halftime and wishing I had a keeper like that for my first team......
    Keepers are a strange breed, but Hamer was our best player on Saturday.
    My keeper is away till the weekend, do you reckon Chris will let me have this keeper tommorow night at the 'Meridian' in a Kent league friendly.....
    Yeah I know the answer............