Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Button signs

Comments

• Options

To be honest if we have paid the rumoured £2million for Button then I can't see Hamer staying. £20million to Coventry I heard.

I was told it was £2m upfront and £1m for every clean sheet.

Hamer was only £15 though. All Inter could afford.

• Options
    I heard £2mill up front then add-ons totalling £10mill.

Spuds didn't want that much but we overpaid to prove we weren't skint.
  • Options
    On another note...I am encouraged in a way by Button signing, because I tell myself that Redknapp would never have let him go, but Villas Boas has been too hasty in his judgement.
  • Options
    This is very good news, i heard Fuller has signed on a £20,000 a week deal as well
  • Options

This is very good news, i heard Fuller has signed on a £20,000 a week deal as well

I heard Fuller was in talks with Middlesbrough and asked for close to £20k a week. Was there for only 2 days as discussions didn't go well.
  • Options
    I don't believe we're paying 20k a week for him
  • Options
    I would have thought he's got to be on a minimum of £10k a week though
  • Options
    10k or 20k. All that tells me if true is that he starts when he's fit.
  • Options
    Even 10k is laughable

Half that with a big bonus for goals and promotion I'd think
  • Options

that sounds a lot when I believe one of the reason we didn't get Baldock was we scoffed at his £15K a week wages
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

that sounds a lot when I believe one of the reason we didn't get Baldock was we scoffed at his £15K a week wages
    That said... Fuller has proved himself at Premiership level for several seasons now. Baldock MAY (and it seems a remote possibilty) be more of a flash in the pan.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

That said... Fuller has proved himself at Premiership level for several seasons now. Baldock MAY (and it seems a remote possibilty) be more of a flash in the pan.
    I understand the difference in quality but I just don't think we can afford wages that high.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

I understand the difference in quality but I just don't think we can afford wages that high.
    I agree, and I admit I am sceptical that the (base) wages are that high - I expect some rather hefty bonusses if x goals scored/promotion in 1st season etcetera instead. BUT if the boat was to be pushed out for one player it is more likely to be Fuller than Baldock IMO.
  • Options
    I think that in signing fuller rather than Baldock, CP has shown his faith in BWP as i doubt Fuller will be that bothered if he doesn't play every week but Baldock, at his age, wouldn't move down a division unless there was a pretty good chance of being first pick. Length of time in prem, age, no fee, i can easily see Fuller on £20k a week. This deal, the keeper and turning down the Stephens bid (as seems likely at this stage) is making me swing towards the financial smokescreen rather than crisis view but a lot can still happen yet. Where will the swingometer end up?
  • Options

I think that in signing fuller rather than Baldock, CP has shown his faith in BWP as i doubt Fuller will be that bothered if he doesn't play every week but Baldock, at his age, wouldn't move down a division unless there was a pretty good chance of being first pick. Length of time in prem, age, no fee, i can easily see Fuller on £20k a week. This deal, the keeper and turning down the Stephens bid (as seems likely at this stage) is making me swing towards the financial smokescreen rather than crisis view but a lot can still happen yet. Where will the swingometer end up?

Agree with that but still gutted we didn't get Baldock. Could be a Steve Portway situation but think it would have been more like a Clive Mendonca situation.
  • Options
    I think it's also the fact that he has put his faith in the squad that stormed to the title last year, and has added players for strength in depth, albeit not in the centre of midfield yet, instead of changing a winning team dramatically.
  • Options
    even fringe players like Evina are in the same position as last year. Somewhat surprising but I like it.
  • Options
    Good if we have any players on the the pay roll who dont want to play, they should not be here.

• Options
    I can't see it mentioned, but CP has completely rubbished that Button's fee was anywhere near as high as £500k.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some sent Ben Hamer a tweet asking if he was leaving. His reply no #neverleaving #lovethisplace
  • Options
    I think be hamer will be one of the best keepers we have ever had
  • Options

Some sent Ben Hamer a tweet asking if he was leaving. His reply no #neverleaving #lovethisplace

Yeah. I remember Semedo saying that a couple of months before signing for Sheff W.

• Options
    edited August 2012

Yeah. I remember Semedo saying that a couple of months before signing for Sheff W.

Big difference Hamer is not out of contract any time soon and we did not offer Semedo a new deal.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Big difference Hamer is not out of contract any time soon and we did not offer Semedo a new deal.
    Actually, we did offer Semedo a new deal. But Sheff W offered more.
    It's all about the money money money. Kerching kerching. (He did say he never wanted to leave, kissed his badge, then left.)
  • Options

It's all about the money money money. Kerching kerching. (He did say he never wanted to leave, kissed his badge, then left.
    And has shown that he was a decent player all along every since.

• Options
    Well we offered him a lower wage then he was already on as he was on crazy money for a league one player.
  • Options
    David Pleat said on five live tonight that it was 500k.
  • Options

It's all about the money money money. Kerching kerching. (He did say he never wanted to leave, kissed his badge, then left.
    And has shown that he was a decent player all along every since.

Good, albeit limited.
  • Options
    #lovehamer