Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Button signs

Comments

• Options
    agreed - this whole financial problem 'scenario' is putting a slant on everybody's judgement and i am still no closer to deciding whether the whole thing has been a smokescreen to drive down transfer fees or whether we are genuinely up against it. As has been said, we will have a much better idea once the window closes. Is the signing of Fuller one of the 'showcase' signings that was mooted to restore confidence or is it a short term cheap option? Have we read all this the wrong way round and has K Cash been jettisoned for wanting to cash in on Solly to continue the steady build whereas those remaining think we genuinely are in touching distance of the prem jackpot and think it's a gamble worth taking? The next few days should tell us the answers.
  • Options

agreed - this whole financial problem 'scenario' is putting a slant on everybody's judgement and i am still no closer to deciding whether the whole thing has been a smokescreen to drive down transfer fees or whether we are genuinely up against it. As has been said, we will have a much better idea once the window closes. Is the signing of Fuller one of the 'showcase' signings that was mooted to restore confidence or is it a short term cheap option? Have we read all this the wrong way round and has K Cash been jettisoned for wanting to cash in on Solly to continue the steady build whereas those remaining think we genuinely are in touching distance of the prem jackpot and think it's a gamble worth taking? The next few days should tell us the answers.

I do pretty much agree with you there. I said this signing confuses things if the financial crisis rumour is correct. But I very much think that we will know where we stand by the weekend.
  • Options
    We might want to keep an eye on Southampton news feeds for a couple of days.
  • Options
    Who we after from soton then.
  • Options
    cambi22 said:

Who we after from soton then.

We aren't after anyone to my knowledge. They on the other hand have sounded us out.
  • Options
    for who, wasn't CP at there game last night.
  • Options
    cambi22 said:

One of our keepers. Not hard to work out who.

• Options

cambi22 said:

Sullivan it is then.
  • Options
    Dale Stephens was on loan there before joining us ,could a bidding war with Villa be under way ?
  • Options
    Buttons, Cinderella, the ugly sisters....this whole episode is a pantomime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cambi22 said:

Pope?
  • Options
    Those 3 comments from Clem_Snide annoy the hell out of me.

You took 3 comments to say something...and even then you didn't even say the players' name!!!

Why not simply come out with "Apparently Southampton are after Hamer". Job done in 5 words.

You were obviously desperate for someone to make a comment on one of your comments.
  • Options

You took 3 comments to say something...and even then you didn't even say the players' name!!!

Why not simply come out with "Apparently Southampton are after Hamer". Job done in 5 words.

You were obviously desperate for someone to make a comment on one of your comments.

And the winner is .....
  • Options

And the winner is .....
    Yes!
  • Options

As I was posting on a thread about Keepers where a large part of the discussion centred around why we have apparently spent money on a new keeper and speculation that our current number 1 might be on his way, I thought the first comment would be pretty obvious.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    to be fair, he is quite right. You could have just some out and said Southampton are reportedly looking at Hamer or something like that. By the way, where have you heard that they are looking at Hamer?
  • Options
    In defence of Clem here. We have three keeps ( not inc Pope) would Saints be after Button ? Sullivan ? Or that's right you've guessed it.
  • Options

In defence of Clem here. We have three keeps ( not inc Pope) would Saints be after Button ? Sullivan ? Or that's right you've guessed it.

Yer very true, by the third comment we all knew who he was on about. But the first and second comments didn't say he was a goalkeeper did they? It would have been easier to just say Saints want Hamer.
  • Options

Agreed it was obvious he was talking about Hamer but that still didn't tell us what he'd heard.

He's actually stated on the Rumours thread exactly he's heard re Hamer & O'Neil and it really wasn't that difficult to do.
  • Options
    I love you cafcfan1990.

Me and you against the rest of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I love you cafcfan1990.

Me and you against the rest of them.

that's a bit much. I'm not actually having a dig at Clem, its just I didn't realise I was playing a game of "who am I"?
  • Options
    500k rising to a million imo means hamer is on his way or we have no money problems ... Not sure which
  • Options

Another moneyball signing

Not sure how the moneyball principle works in football. Button doesn't get on base or have a decent ERA

I'm sure when he gets on base (i.e. in nets) his ERA will be high, i.e. he earns, he runs around a lot and hes average :0)

It think you know what I (and Oggy) mean. Fuller does fit the strategy as he was a free transfer.

Since the new owners have come in I can't recall a transfer where we have paid a fee and the player doesn't fit the profile of potentially being undervalued. (cue a list of transfers I've forgotten)

Our owners are prepared to spend capital on playing assets, but only where that asset has the potential to appreciate in value.
  • Options

500k rising to a million imo means hamer is on his way or we have no money problems ... Not sure which

this transfer fee is getting bigger! Isnt it around the 200k mark rising to 500k?
  • Options

FCOL...every other report seems to think it is a £500k deal, possibly starting at £200/£250k with add ons up to £500k.

Where on earth do you now start to double that?????

No wonder we have so many posts with so little background info on here! Too much writing with too little thinking!!!
  • Options
    Yeah, sort it out oohaah, you freak :-)
  • Options
    The plot thickens..... or not

I read on twitter ( so it must be true) JJ , BH and JS , meeting uptown today , are they going for a leaving drink for Hamer , or Sullivan or just an innocent gathering?
  • Options

Yeah, sort it out oohaah, you freak :-)

lol , if you can't beat em ........................
  • Options
    To be honest if we have paid the rumoured £2million for Button then I can't see Hamer staying. £20million to Coventry I heard.
  • Options
    2 Million? it goes up by the day!