Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 13

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Dave2l said:

Pro evo is not more of a realistic football experience.
    I was PES through and through until roughly 09/10. It was a great game but FIFA stepped it up and theres no going back.

Played the recent pes demo out of interest and it was rubbish.

It is much more of a realistic game on the pitch if you prefer the more european or south american style of football, and i agree i switched back to Fifa for the first time since i was a teenager, in 09/10 but got both games last year and Pro Evo surpassed it in how it plays as i already mentioned.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So will Pro evo have Charlton on it and if so is it any good? I swapped Pro evo for fifa at about the 07/08 seasons so I've not played it in ages.
  • Options

So will Pro evo have Charlton on it and if so is it any good? I swapped Pro evo for fifa at about the 07/08 seasons so I've not played it in ages.

If you wait about 2/3 weeks after release to get the game, there will be free fan made option files online that change all the names/leagues/kits to be correct plus most of them change one of the generic league's to the Championship(only 20 teams) so yes a good chance of us being one of the 20 due to are history.

• Options

Not sure if this is legit but this site tells you our player ratings.

http://www.chuzzz.com/UT13/

Can't be legit, no way is Clarke a 64 and Solly a 65!
  • Options
    Again people seem to forget that 'football' in video games is usually dependent on how quick or strong players are made out to be. Chris Solly doesn't have either of these 'traits' to an obvious degree.

His ability in real life is based on traits that don't really cross over into computer games.
  • Options
    Chris solly has good agility and balance which should apply to the game.
  • Options
    It should apply but if you look at how FIFA works, then those traits don't really go a great way. If you have some crap player up front, who is incredibly quick - then he is likely to still bang in goals.
  • Options
    I like the fact that the new game relies a lot on how you control your players first touch.

You would have to concentrate harder more on a lower league players first touch compared to someone like messi in order to do well.

This is more realistic to football and hopefully it will work the same way with a players individual skill traits.
  • Options
    There last seasons updated attributes .
  • Options
    So what are the new attributes? I'm at work until late so won't get it until tomorrow morning, it will be much appreciated if someone would post them up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone played it yet?

I still can't find the demo on the ps3... Same problem?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Anyone played it yet?

I still can't find the demo on the ps3... Same problem?

PSN usually updates its demos etc around 1pm-2pm on Wednesday's should be on there then.
  • Options
    They said yesterday it will be 10pm-2am UK time, i tried up to 12 and will have to try later.

Ended up downloading the Pro Evo one, which wasnt too bad but always been a fifa fan so doubt ill get that.
  • Options
    Noticed on the Pro Evo Demo that if you score a goal the net bulges for ages...Maybe its just me but Pro Evo is rubbish.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Played the demo - its alright. Head to head it loses out to PES.

Graphics - PES
    Gameplay - PES
    Longevity - PES
    Online - FIFA
    Realism - FIFA/PES (both have some nice touches)
    Licenses - FIFA
    Glitches/bugs - FIFA
  • Options
    Fifa 13 is very realistic again, I downloaded it from the US psn last night, and individual players (in the prem at least) are more life like. Pirlo was as slow as anything but his passing was deadly, kevin prince boateng was shooting from long range with teammates in better positions and robinho was tricking his way up blind alleys. Walcott's first touch was awful, giroud couldn't hit a barndoor and arshavin was never in position to pass to, micah richards was almost impossible to shrug off the ball at full tilt, Balotelli sulked when tevez didnt pass to him and Hart looked suspect diving low to his left.

Personally I prefer the button layout.of PES with the R2 shoulder button for 'special' stuff, and the L2 manual passing as well, but some of the passing annoys me with too many misplaced 10 yard passes and the featherweight shotpower bar
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    sam3110 said:

Fifa 13 is very realistic again, I downloaded it from the US psn last night, and individual players (in the prem at least) are more life like. Pirlo was as slow as anything but his passing was deadly, kevin prince boateng was shooting from long range with teammates in better positions and robinho was tricking his way up blind alleys. Walcott's first touch was awful, giroud couldn't hit a barndoor and arshavin was never in position to pass to, micah richards was almost impossible to shrug off the ball at full tilt, Balotelli sulked when tevez didnt pass to him and Hart looked suspect diving low to his left.

Personally I prefer the button layout.of PES with the R2 shoulder button for 'special' stuff, and the L2 manual passing as well, but some of the passing annoys me with too many misplaced 10 yard passes and the featherweight shotpower bar

Im looking forward to giving both a go, as personally last year that was a major boost to why i chose PES over Fifa was that Fifa every player and team felt the same but with PES players felt like the real them when playing, Neymar especially, they got his playstyle to a level i did not believe possible in a video game.

I like that PES seems to put as much effort in to all the league's it has rather then just the more flash league's, for instance some of the players in the French League are just perfect in there body movement and style of play.
  • Options
    Just played the demo. Its very similar to Fifa 12 (no surprises there) but the graphics are better on most of the players and the game does seem to flow better. Its still to easy for me though (Legendary difficulty) as I was BVB and beat all the teams quite comfortably. This is partly due to E.A improving the movement of attackers which is great as they run into space now and get through on goal much more easily but the defending hasn't improved at all meaning FIFA 13 will probably be a goal fest. I will be buying it but its only for new rating and players etc, not for the quality or improvement anymore as its now marginal.
  • Options
    Found tackling hard on Legendary, did ok with the ball but without again need to get used to it like Fifa12. Gameplay is quite a bit different and i like it although only had a few games, I will defo be getting Fifa if becomes boring maybe get PES the next month.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PES this year ... Amazing pace of game ...
  • Options
    Downloaded & played demo late last night. Very impressed. For me it's all about the realism. The new first touch and hussle thing is brilliant. Glad to see players like Walcott who are indifferent in real life are the same on the game whereas before he was a speedster who ran rings around everyone. Graphics have improved too. Definite purchase!
  • Options
    The demo doesn't have the same impact the demo had for 12. I remember playing that and thinking it was a totally different game from the previous fifa's.

This year I haven't been as taken back by the demo, but I love the H2H season's mode you get with FIFA, particually with CAFC as you come across fans of teams in and around you, not the utd,barca,madrid fanboys who just abuse the game by pinging it out to messi/ronaldo and scoring from wherever they fancy.
  • Options
    Its an improvement. You can see the differences between FIFA 12 the more you play it. I like the fact that you do drills before a game too.
  • Options

I would add the 2 games appeal to a different market, if you want the "british" style of football and more flash but hollow features plus have plenty of time to play then Fifa is your game.

Im more of a purist and fan of the more european passing game plus want a game i can just pick up and play at this stage of my life, that is what Pro Evo offers.

Have to agree with the comment about game time - there are so many button combos to learn in Fifa it sometimes feels like it'd be easier to learn to play guitar. I just don't have the time to master it anymore. I thought about buying a PS2 so I could go back to the older PES games.

Bring back Sensible World of Soccer I say. Best. Football. Game. Ever.
    Don't be a mug, X. Kick Off 2.
  • Options
    Actua soccer on the old PSone was awesome, used to be able to swerve the ball after shooting
  • Options
    Gazcafc81 said:

@GretnaGreenAddick cheers for the heads up, will check it out ;)

Been a fan of PES since the late 90s when it was called "International Superstar Soccer"

Good times.

ISS, ISS Deluxe and then, the best footy game of all time... ISS 98. Awesome football games! ISS 2000 was a bit odd... but then they stopped making ISS and PES took over. I turned to Fifa then, for maybe 4 years. Until PES turned up on the original XBOX. But since Fifa 11, PES has been lagging far behind. Pains me to say it though. Always prefer Konami's bespoke game to EA's woeful style and generic menus etc. But the EA game engine is fantastic, and the demo for 13 looks even better than ever, although as previously stated, improvements are fairly marginal.

Completed 15 seasons in career mode or first time on F12. Six at Charlton. Prem champions on Legendary! Best days of my gaming life!

*I know, getting out more is good advice
  • Options

I would add the 2 games appeal to a different market, if you want the "british" style of football and more flash but hollow features plus have plenty of time to play then Fifa is your game.

Im more of a purist and fan of the more european passing game plus want a game i can just pick up and play at this stage of my life, that is what Pro Evo offers.

Have to agree with the comment about game time - there are so many button combos to learn in Fifa it sometimes feels like it'd be easier to learn to play guitar. I just don't have the time to master it anymore. I thought about buying a PS2 so I could go back to the older PES games.

Bring back Sensible World of Soccer I say. Best. Football. Game. Ever.
    Don't be a mug, X. Kick Off 2.
    The lob made KO2 far too easy!! Although the standard 20 yard, curl-away-from-the-keeper technique of Sensible Soccer wasn't much different.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Am I the only one who played Soccer 97 with Alan Green as commentator (used to have funny commentary). You used to be able to bend the ball in any direction and if you pushed the triangle your player would just do a flying overhead kick, even when not in posession of the ball. Great game!
    ISS Deluxe was also great, had massive goals if I remember.
    Ahh the innocence of being 8 years old and ISS being the most important thing in your life... It's not like FIFA 13 or FM are important to me.......
  • Options
    i remember on fifa 99 i once scored a goal from the half way line with carl tiler. Mental, it just bounced over the keeper. Had my best games on the earlier fifas, remember me and my best mate had a 8-8 epic Charlton vs Man Utd with the game speed turned up to very fast. Crazy