Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall vs. Charlton | 1st December 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Team, News and Views

Comments

• Options
    Despite Morro's absence, one thing we are sure of with this squad is their spirit and fighting qualities, especially "on the road". I expect a very hard fought 1-1.

Yann and Hulse to start up front, with Fuller and Haynes on the bench. Wilson also on bench with Pritch staying wide right. I hope Taylor gets to cover for Morro - if for no other reason than he has been a model professional, taking his loss of place to Cort with good grace, and deserves his chance again.
  • Options
    2-1 to us
  • Options
    I'm buzzing for this but feel like im about to throw up at the same time.

Please please surprise us Charlton and pull it out the bag. I can't face getting home to my missus and her family in my face giving it the biggun.

I just keep thinking of yann scoring a last minute winner down our end. The celebrations would be ridiculous.
  • Options
    Without Trotter, we'll have a very good opportunity to dominate their midfield, and not worry about the late comer in the box. I'm just not convinced by our one paced and narrow midfield four. I'd still prefer to see a Green or Haynes in the side with a stable midfield five away from home. Get Stephens close to Kermorgant and see how it goes.
  • Options
    Draw would do me,but want so much more.
  • Options
    I predict this is going to be SOME game ! One to remember for a looooong time.

And for the right reasons.
  • Options
    19 goals in the last three games between the teams (if you include the friendly last Summer), can't see this being a 0-0. Millwall will score, but then again so will we based on our good performances away from home.
  • Options
    Win Lose or draw the most important thing is to make loads of noise and remember that this team does better being the underdog. Remember Sheff Wed away last season well a moment of genius from someone and the back four standing firm and the midfield and forwards being able to hold onto the ball and not give it away cheaply is what will give us victory. And yes it can be done. No fear just focus.
  • Options
    Have a feeling it's going to be horrible 3-0 to them
  • Options
    I think we'll score - this side has goals in them.

But, I'm cautious of your away record and the fact it's a derby.

Plus, my grandad is going - his first match in 3 years...he nearly died a year ago on the operating table and is getting on (83), but Millwall v Charlton is special to him as his best mate was an Addicks fan, and they alternated between The Den & The Valley in his younger days. But, you just know that after this amazing run we'll put in a poor show for him.

But, a poor show down at The Den at the moment would be a 2-2 draw. Which wouldn't be bad at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WSS said:

Introduction

This will be the 65th meeting between Charlton and the East London Exiles. In that time it is fair to say that Millwall have had the better of the battles. They have 31 wins compared to Charlton’s 11...

I knew our record was bad, that that really is shameful. Particularly as I imagine for the majority of those matches we were the better placed team! Hope CP is aware of this!

Most one sided derby series in English football I once read in Rothman's or the like once.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Bunny said:

WSS said:

Introduction

This will be the 65th meeting between Charlton and the East London Exiles. In that time it is fair to say that Millwall have had the better of the battles. They have 31 wins compared to Charlton’s 11...

I knew our record was bad, that that really is shameful. Particularly as I imagine for the majority of those matches we were the better placed team! Hope CP is aware of this!

Most one sided derby series in English football I once read in Rothman's or the like once.
    I wonder why that is though. I haven't seen the stats but I'd imagine our average league position is higher than yours?
    People will say its cos charlton bottle it, but surely crowds can't be that influential. Even at home our record against you is crap.

Maybe we only meet you when our squad is dogshit...like 2010 for example!
  • Options

Bunny said:

WSS said:

Introduction

I wonder why that is though. I haven't seen the stats but I'd imagine our average league position is higher than yours?
    People will say its cos charlton bottle it, but surely crowds can't be that influential. Even at home our record against you is crap.

Maybe we only meet you when our squad is dogshit...like 2010 for example!
    No idea - more robust teams?

I think the old Den did have an effect on away teams - we've hardly been world beaters in our history, yet are the only club to have gone a whole season unbeaten at home on 5 separate occasions, and are 4th in the all-time home teams table - with only the likes Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal ahead of us.

As for your average league position - you'll be amazed to find out that when I looked up the comparison for an article a couple of years ago you were only about 12 places ahead of us. You were a mid-table Championship side and we were bottom of the Championship. Palace were in-between. All time average crowds was about the same.

Remember, you lot were very average in the 1960s and 1970s, when we were having some good times for most of those years 1965-1977 certainly. And the two clubs were very similar between 1988 and 1996.
  • Options
    Hope your grandad enjoys the game...........but goes home disappointed!
  • Options
    Been watching Charlton since '74 and never seen us beat them. However, I've never seen us lose to them either. 4 or 5 games, all drawn. So, I'll go for a 2-2 draw
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Hope your grandad enjoys the game...........but goes home disappointed!

Cheers.

I think he'll just be happy he gets the chance to come with his family after what he's been through...and as he's been going since the 1930s he's pretty hardened to disappointment, Plaaayer!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Think fulhams record with Chelsea is up there , some strange derby games , hearts have a great record with hibs, and Leeds beat Bradford every time nearly , we waste are derby wins with poxy palace sadly lol
  • Options
    Nice that your grandads able to come bunny . My grandad used to court my nan on cold blow lane he was a Chelsea fan but I think quite liked millwall . They lived on trident street
  • Options
    I must admit I'm really over the moon he's coming - we are very close, as my nan died relatively young after a lifetime of illness and he lived with us for a while and obviously took me to my first football match and made me Millwall - the club that's been in our family 5 generations now.

Hate to say it, but tinged with a bit of sadness - probably the last time we'll all be together at a match - so just gonna try and enjoy it whatever the result.
  • Options
    I've got a bad feeling about this...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember everyone saying how good we were last time we played them at the toolbox and look what happened,i think we should hope that we put on a good fighting performance,hope for a draw .We need to get behind our team cos i think we all know Millwall will.Lets show them we are Chalton and not the Anoraks.
  • Options
    4 nil smallwall
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Bunny said:

As for your average league position - you'll be amazed to find out that when I looked up the comparison for an article a couple of years ago you were only about 12 places ahead of us. You were a mid-table Championship side and we were bottom of the Championship. .

when you say 12 places above you is that an average position of 12 places above you per season
    or 12 clubs in between us on the average position table

because an average position of 12 places above you is half a league per season over 80 years is massive

what is the highest average position someone like arsenal 5th or 6th ??

• Options
    can see us going 4-5-1 with dervite & stephens replacing morro & fuller. 1-1
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    every scenario of this game has gone through my head ,
    i can see everyone of our players doing something heroic
    but more realistically i can see everyone of our players having an absolute mare of some sorts(not all at the same time in the squillion scenarios that have played out in my head in the last few weeks) and plenty of them disappearing into thin air as the going gets tough when millwall make the most noise of their season for their cup final ;-)
    shame with the tickets being on sale for 85 weeks we can't sell out but there you go .....
    i dread to think if we have the pleasure of playing the scum for 10 seasons on the spin how small our numbers will be over there ,
    hopefully history will repeat itself and they can go back to the lower echelons of the football stratoshpere and get their 'real football' at rochdale and i'll be eating prawn sandwiches with a load of plastics in the prem

i feel sick and genuinely think anything can happen but i know only one result will happen 2-0 scum victory
  • Options
    here you go oohaah

• Options
    I think we'll win this. 2-1 to the Addicks. We'll huff and we'll puff, we'll be under a lot of pressure, but hang on 'til the end. A happy Saturday.
  • Options
    appreciate it macronate
  • Options
    JT said:

4-4

Is that the line-up after the sendings off or a score prediction? :-)

• Options
    Haynes has just tweeted he's having a late fitness test tomorrow