Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall vs. Charlton | 1st December 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Team, News and Views

Comments

• Options
    Well I've kept a steady eye on this thread before making a prediction .... My logic said an emphatic 2 nil win to us and Millwall being shown up to the fact that they had been punching well above their weight ... But can so many regular supporters who watch every week have got this apparent drubbing soooo wrong .... I sincerely hope so.
  • Options
    The good news is I saw all 3 wins in the league since the mid 80s and will be at the Den on Sat. Sadly I have also seen all the defeats. It will either be really close with a late winner for them or they will tonk us. 3-0 to them and we won't be allowed to leave early or at the end. Instead we will marvel at the spanners showing their moves to another rousing rendition of Status Quo Rocking all over the world. Why am I going? Its the hope that kills you....
  • Options
    We are gonna smash em.

We are gonna pull down their ill-fitting Primark jeans and cane them a thousand times with a South Eastern timetable.

3-0 to the good guys, the bastions of South London civilisation.

F**k you Millwall.
  • Options
    Sick in the pit of the stomach feeling. The debate always comes up - Millwall or Palace which means more. Well I never feel like this before a Palace game. Been thinking about this since the fixtures came out and esp since tickets went on sale and relentlessley the last week or so.

My ex wife *spits* and all her family will be in their end. Being treated like shit on her shoe 2yrs back and the hurt she caused me just takes this fixture to a new level now.

I know I'm alone but I would take relegation better than losing to these c***ts (present millwall company excepted lol) on Saturday!!!
  • Options

We are gonna smash em.

We are gonna pull down their ill-fitting Primark jeans and cane them a thousand times with a South Eastern timetable.

F**k you Millwall.

You been out tonight, AFKA ?

• Options

We are gonna smash em.

F**k you Millwall.

Well he ain't Saturday .... He's behind u
  • Options

We are gonna smash em.

F**k you Millwall.

Lol, yes.

My local is a 'healthy' mix of Charlton and Millwall. Plenty of banter and bets flying around tonight.

A lot of my good mates support Millwall. I like Millwall fans as individuals, but as a club and a collective I absolutely despise them. Have no problem with 'supporting Millwall', 'being Millwall' is a totally different kettle of fish. If I was standing in the middle of a bar and on one side I had Adolf and the gestapo, and on the other side a group of Millwall, I'd be saying 'vot vuld you like to drink'.

I've gone to be bed thinking about this game every night this week, and knowing I can't go is absolutely killing me.

We will win.
  • Options
    I cant bear it
  • Options
    I remember the 4 nil my first trip to the Den it was horrible. Right now I'm nervous and excited, not for the first time we have injuries and have to change the team again. Morro is a big loss, but I have confidence Dervite will make the step up, Cort and Hamer will have to be on top form. Millwall also doing well, but for once they are looking down on us I get the feeling that this game means more to us than it did for Millwall last time.

So glad Kerms is back, have had a feeling this was his fixture at the start of the year I'm sure he's looked at this one for months sitting out injured as well. And I've read today this game will be JJ's 100th game for us maybe it's written in the stars for him to make himself a legend...
  • Options
    If you're feeling nervous just think back to that magic night in December 1995 "Morts in the Snow" and remember the way that our youngsters put the scum back in their box and sent them on the way to relegation.

Who will ever forget that vile, despicable scrotum Keith "Rhino" Stevens elbowing 18 year-old Jamie Stuart in the face on the touchline? The joy as he got sent off was almost as good as scoring!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need to beat these, will be in a house with a Millsmall fan and a Man Utd fan (who are both going to the game) after so I need bragging and banter rights.
  • Options

I cant bear it

What's happened to those supposed big balls of yours, NLA??

• Options
    They can't bear it either

It's a game I look forward to and hate at the same time

One I wish I was at then wish I weren't when I get there

The Anglo Italian cup and the snow game is all I have to show I. How many years at that place

I dread the fixture always have always will

• Options
    my first derby between the two clubs, would love a win but I'd take a draw. just happy to be there Saturday more than anything! 2-1 to the red of south London.
  • Options
    I've supported Charlton as long as I've watched football. Been coming to games for three seasons now (by god it was dire in '10-'11 on and off the pitch), and now I'm finally able to make it to an away game.

Picked a good'un to start with yeah?

2-1 the reds, JJ, Wood, Kermo in that order
  • Options
    I think this is going to be a spicy affair.
    I really wish I was there.
    I am going for 2 red cards, a 10 man brawl , a streaker and a famous 3-1 win for the addicks.

Hopefully its being shown somewhere on the internet for me to catch it
  • Options
    Don't know what all the fuss is about?

Glad Morro misses this one instead of the big one v Brighton next week.

1 - 1
  • Options
  • Options
    It's simple; if they score early, we go down at least 3-0. If we score first then it'll be a draw. There's no way we will keep a clean sheet. I keep reminding myself how lucky we were to get 3 points from Tuesday's game when Posh could have been out of sight by half time. They are frighteningly good at the moment and we looked fragile this week, even with Morro. Like others, losing Morro scares me for this one. Can see Dervite and/or Taylor looking like 'rabbits in the headlights' on Saturday. I'm sitting with MillSmall fans too! I sooooooooooo hope I'm wrong but, hey, I'm an Addick with 40 years of pain so been there and seen it all before. Please prove me wrong lads. COYR!
  • Options
    Henry: really????!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LOL at the away win predictions.

Im not naturally pessimistic but come on, this is Millwall Charlton
  • Options
    1-2 Charlton
  • Options
    Can't see us winning this one 2-0 to them.
  • Options
    Jackson's 100th appearance. Winning goal.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Jackson's 100th appearance. Winning own goal.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    COME ON YOU HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!!!

3-2 haddocks.

i also feel and to top the day off (in a wait for one bus then three come along kinda way) that the winner will be a wonder goal and i get nicked for mounting a police horse (oooh errr) and riding round the den charlton scarf aloft celebrating in a bucking bronco fashion... yeee haaa!

• Options
    Some of you lot going on about how much you 'fear' this fixture and how much you hate it. For crying out loud, that's half the problem as to why we struggle in these sorts of games. That sort of nervousness rubs off on the players, always has done.

Get over yourselves, and sing your hearts out tomorrow rather than worrying about form guides and past meetings.

This team has got a lot of bottle, lets not them let down with a support made up of shrinking violets.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Some of you lot going on about how much you 'fear' this fixture and how much you hate it. For crying out loud, that's half the problem as to why we struggle in these sorts of games. That sort of nervousness rubs off on the players, always has done.

Get over yourselves, and sing your hearts out tomorrow rather than worrying about form guides and past meetings.

This team has got a lot of bottle, lets not them let down with a support made up of shrinking violets.

Exactly, sing and shout the place down for 90 mins and roar the team on throughout and we will be coming home with a tasty 3 points in the bag!

• Options
    Tom, I'm still bloody nervous!!! Really excited though. Will be a cracking day.